Ali is the Symbol of boxing all time - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 05-17-2005, 08:43 PM
kdr
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 kdr has a reputation beyond reputekdr has a reputation beyond reputekdr has a reputation beyond reputekdr has a reputation beyond reputekdr has a reputation beyond reputekdr has a reputation beyond reputekdr has a reputation beyond reputekdr has a reputation beyond reputekdr has a reputation beyond reputekdr has a reputation beyond reputekdr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 36,399.00
Default Ali is the Symbol of boxing all time

hi guys , i believe that M.Ali become the symbol of boxing in all time it's a legend that never dies do you c that with me ??
who's ur legend fighter for you ??
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-17-2005, 09:16 PM
wmute
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Rep Power: 33 wmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 842,400,814,826.01
Total Points: 842,401,052,416.06

hopefully ppl will remember more ali than tyson, cos tyson is the main competitor for the symbol of boxing
Old 05-17-2005, 09:37 PM
adeelr
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 14 adeelr has a reputation beyond reputeadeelr has a reputation beyond reputeadeelr has a reputation beyond reputeadeelr has a reputation beyond reputeadeelr has a reputation beyond reputeadeelr has a reputation beyond reputeadeelr has a reputation beyond reputeadeelr has a reputation beyond reputeadeelr has a reputation beyond reputeadeelr has a reputation beyond reputeadeelr has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 49,394.51
Send a message via AIM to adeelr Send a message via MSN to adeelr Send a message via Yahoo to adeelr

noway is Tyson the symbol of boxing, he represents boxing in a very negative way, Ali is the true representative of the sport any day.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:26 PM
The Troll
LEGACY-FLOYD OSCAR II

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7572 The Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 245,203.15

Tyson has more class than Ali. Tyson used to fight the old fashion style. He takes his beating and then comes in and gives out some of his own. Would you rather be in a confined space with Mike Tyson or Cassius Clay.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:46 PM
czars_salad
pinoy sniper

Rep Power: 3212 czars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 72,496.01
Total Points: 10,183,010.49

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeelr
noway is Tyson the symbol of boxing, he represents boxing in a very negative way, Ali is the true representative of the sport any day.
tyson is the representation of evil
Old 05-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Shaolin Bushido
Internet Ninja

Rep Power: 18 Shaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 42,980.53

Man, I wrote a nice article(I thought) about the man. He's become an icon but I must admit he wasn't perfect; he had faults.

But his supreme confidence and poise when the pressure was on is unmatched. He not only would come out each round with the will, confidence and fire to win ... he never failed to find another gear when the chips were down.

The losses late in his career are akin to the **** we see over and over again with champions who we marvelled at for 10-15 years who inevitably leave with less than typical for them results.

They should be discounted in all cases. Ali, in his prime, was the G.O.A.T.!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 11:56 PM
czars_salad
pinoy sniper

Rep Power: 3212 czars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 72,496.01
Total Points: 10,183,010.49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Bushido
Man, I wrote a nice article(I thought) about the man. He's become an icon but I must admit he wasn't perfect; he had faults.

But his supreme confidence and poise when the pressure was on is unmatched. He not only would come out each round with the will, confidence and fire to win ... he never failed to find another gear when the chips were down.

The losses late in his career are akin to the **** we see over and over again with champions who we marvelled at for 10-15 years who inevitably leave with less than typical for them results.

They should be discounted in all cases. Ali, in his prime, was the G.O.A.T.!!!
what G.O.A.T.?
Old 05-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Shaolin Bushido
Internet Ninja

Rep Power: 18 Shaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin Bushido has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 42,980.53

GREATEST OF ALL TIMES!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 12:30 AM
The Troll
LEGACY-FLOYD OSCAR II

Rep Power: 7572 The Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond reputeThe Troll has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 245,203.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by czars_salad
tyson is the representation of evil
No Tyson is not the representation of evil. He actually has alot of class, alot of the **** he does is all an act to sell tickets.

After he lost to Holyfield. His promoters and **** wanted him to make up some excuses. Tyson said "he fought a good fight" Showtime said "it looked like he headbutted you" Tyson said "yeah well I probably headbutted him too" Tyson said "I am not the one to make excuses he fought a good fight." Hardly ever fighters accept defeat without trying to make some excuse.

Cassius Clay would never show that kind of class.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:03 PM
No-Mas
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 13 No-Mas has a reputation beyond reputeNo-Mas has a reputation beyond reputeNo-Mas has a reputation beyond reputeNo-Mas has a reputation beyond reputeNo-Mas has a reputation beyond reputeNo-Mas has a reputation beyond reputeNo-Mas has a reputation beyond reputeNo-Mas has a reputation beyond reputeNo-Mas has a reputation beyond reputeNo-Mas has a reputation beyond reputeNo-Mas has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 13,729.59

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay
After he lost to Holyfield...Tyson said "I am not the one to make excuses he fought a good fight." Hardly ever fighters accept defeat without trying to make some excuse.
Cassius Clay would never show that kind of class.
I guess you never saw Tyson / Holyfield II.

When asked by Jim Gray why he bit a piece off of another human being , Mr. Tyson made excuse after excuse about Holyfield's dirty tactics. His most memeorable one was "How can I face my children?" He can't face his children because of Holyfield's tactics, but he can face his kids and tell them it's OK to bite people.

And you're right in comparing Tyson to Clay. Clay would never be so classy to bite another human. Biting another human is a class act, so I guess you are right, Tyson is much classier than Clay.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List