Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-14-2010, 11:19 PM
El Castigador
Banned

Bank: 149,005.84
Total Points: 283,768.49
Default It just hit me that Mayweather is not retiring ANY time soon.

I literally cant go 10 minutes without seeing this guy on the TV screen, website, magazine, news paper. Floyd is everywhere. All over TNT and ****...lol.(See my sig)

This guy is an international mega-star. He has fans nation and world wide. Hes also promoting himself in a POSITIVE light. Hes not acting a fool cussing and swearing and being a jerk. Hes actually being respectful, intelligent and even funny. Hes showing a side that we don't see often. He is on top pf the world right now. Everyone is talking about him.

So with this kind of fame and stardom there is no way that Floyd will leave the sport. Especially now that hes at a point in his career where he commands 15- 20 Million dollar paydays. In 2010 he will fight Shane in May and then try to land Pacquiao. Hypothetically speaking here, if he beats him he will be an even BIGGER star and he will want to ride that wave into more promotion, endorsements, interviews and big money fights.

Schafer has mentioned Khan, Ortiz, Alvarez and even Chavez Jr as possible future Mayweather opponents down the line.Hell maybe even Kell Brook in the UK. I believe him. IMO Floyd after Shane and Pacquiao will still be fighting. There are / will be BIG money fights available.

Mayweather vs. Khan in the UK= BIG MONEY. Especially if Khan has developed and made himself an even bigger star on the US front.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz= BIG MONEY. Same thing applies with him. If he can bounce back string some victories together he'll be a big star.

Mayweather vs. Chavez Jr.= BIG MONEY. Same thing he has the opportunity to become a huge star if he keeps winning. Hes not all that skilled but he does have that NAME power.

Mayweather vs. Alvarez= HUGEEEEEEEE MONEY. This is the biggest of them all. By the time this comes off the kid will be one of the biggest stars in boxing. PERIOD. I love Canelos style. Kids got the good foreal. Schafer has mentioned Floyd fighting him in Mexico at Azteca Stadium. It holds a little over 100,000 seats. Hes already selling out arenas pon his own. He will be a big star soon and this will be a BIG fight.

Those 4 fighters are ALL GBP fighters except Jr. I believ these fights are on the minds of GBP and Mayweather.

Thoughts.

Last edited by El Castigador; 02-14-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-14-2010, 11:23 PM
SiCaRiO13 Jr
Banned

Rep Power: 0 SiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.04
Total Points: 84,391.91
Buzzz - kaps yu b laikin' da ganja tu mon? - Rasta Smurf i heard you like hotdogs - Congo Cash have a beer homie - MARKBNLV Here's my footlong - $iCaRiO Jr 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - supRa Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - WANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - kadyo Childhood Cancer - kadyo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Cottoman 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Congo Cash Gay and Lesbian Pride - Disposable Arts 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Castigador View Post
I literally cant go 10 minutes without seeing this guy on the TV screen, website, magazine, news paper. Floyd is everywhere. All over TNT and ****...lol.(See my sig)

This guy is an international mega-star. He has fans nation and world wide. Hes also promoting himself in a POSITIVE light. Hes not acting a fool cussing and swearing and being a jerk. Hes actually being respectful, intelligent and even funny. Hes showing a side that we don't see often. He is on top pf the world right now. Everyone is talking about him.

So with this kind of fame and stardom there is no way that Floyd will leave the sport. Especially now that hes at a point in his career where he commands 15- 20 Million dollar paydays. In 2010 he will fight Shane in May and then try to land Pacquiao. Hypothetically speaking here, if he beats him he will be an even BIGGER star and he will want to ride that wave into more promotion, endorsements, interviews and big money fights.

Schafer has mentioned Khan, Ortiz, Alvarez and even Chavez Jr as possible future Mayweather opponents down the line.Hell maybe even Kell Brook in the UK. I believe him. IMO Floyd after Shane and Pacquiao will still be fighting. There are / will be BIG money fights available.

Mayweather vs. Khan in the UK= BIG MONEY. Especially if Khan has developed and made himself an even bigger star on the US front.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz= BIG MONEY. Same thing applies with him. If he can bounce back string some victories together he'll be a big star.

Mayweather vs. Chavez Jr.= BIG MONEY. Same thing he has the opportunity to become a huge star if he keeps winning. Hes not all that skilled but he does have that NAME power.

Mayweather vs. Alvarez= HUGEEEEEEEE MONEY. This is the biggest of them all. By the time this comes off the kid will be one of the biggest stars in boxing. PERIOD. I love Canelos style. Kids got the good foreal. Schafer has mentioned Floyd fighting him in Mexico at Azteca Stadium. It holds a little over 100,000 seats. Hes already selling out arenas pon his own. He will be a big star soon and this will be a BIG fight.

Those 4 fighters are ALL GBP fighters. I believ these fights are on the minds of GBP and Mayweather.

Thoughts.
man, why would you wanna see any of those fights? seriously, when you know what the outcome is gonna be
Old 02-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Brother Khalid
The Truth Terrorist

Rep Power: 37 Brother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,308,497,045,032.58
Total Points: 24,308,497,119,892.55
Thanks so much for all your HD wizardry! - AndyShitHot 2 commemorate ur new name homey .... - -Boxzilla- 720p legend ..... - -Boxzilla- the king of hd - -Boxzilla- Hooking it up with some excellent quality fights - TheCheetah 
The KING OF HIGH DEF FIGHTS - TheCheetah The King of High Def fights! - TheCheetah High Definition LEGEND - TheCheetah Thanx - PR13 u do homework - nice guy and top poster - cleaner147 
And still...! leaving HD devastation and destruction in your wake. - PittyPat For all the Videos Mate - Stone Roses! Money Mayweather &amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; Pacman - Stone Roses! For the Vasquez-Marquez Trilogy - Stone Roses! cheers! - Tamis_Siensya 
gift giving time to friends - serv have some more mate! - Tamis_Siensya Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Kick Khalid Muhammed aka &quot;The Black Hitler&quot; - Freedom2013 Its white... - Mannie Phresh 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dynamite Kid Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Akinapepemo 
Autism - cleaner147 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - South318 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Freedom Fighter 

If he is so big how come he has never carried a PPV event by himself, without leaching off his opponents fan base?

FWIW it was the Mexican fan base that carried that PPV with Marquez (hence them moving the date close to Mexican independance day)

Judah vs Mayweather-the hip-hop community was more in favor of Judah
Gatti had more star power than Floyd
Hatton was the draw
DLH was the draw

Only time we saw a "Floyd fight" was against sorry a$$ baldomir and even that flopped with around a whopping 350k buys...

Last edited by Brother Khalid; 02-14-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:28 PM
El Castigador
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
If he is so big how come he has never carried a PPV event by himself, without leaching off his opponents fan base?

FWIW it was the Mexican fan base that carried that PPV with Marquez (hence them moving the date close to Mexican independance day)

Judah vs Mayweather-the hip-hop community was more in favor of Judah
Gatti had more star power than Floyd
Hatton was the draw
DLH was the draw

Only time we saw a Floyd fight was against sorry a$$ baldomir and even that flopped with around a whopping 350k buys...

Man I could careless about the hate. Its played out. Do you have any comments on the original post?
Old 02-14-2010, 11:33 PM
OaktownGhost
Banned

Rep Power: 0 OaktownGhost has a reputation beyond reputeOaktownGhost has a reputation beyond reputeOaktownGhost has a reputation beyond reputeOaktownGhost has a reputation beyond reputeOaktownGhost has a reputation beyond reputeOaktownGhost has a reputation beyond reputeOaktownGhost has a reputation beyond reputeOaktownGhost has a reputation beyond reputeOaktownGhost has a reputation beyond reputeOaktownGhost has a reputation beyond reputeOaktownGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8.16
Total Points: 185,809.68

Chavez Jr is with toprank not GPB

**** the guys you mentioned..

They are not close to Floyd's level

Once again **** the guys you mentioned

they are not on Floyd's level

fighters that I believe he should fight are

Cotto (it would be a good fight and if cotto wins a belt at 154 it would be more intriguing)
Bradley (better then the dudes you listed)
Chavez Jr (40 have tried and 40 have failed this guy is undefeated because no one can **** with him...im just kidding he ****ing sucks worse the that zelenoff kid bad pick from u burner)
Pwills (at 147 it could be a good match up but pwill doesnt have the fan base or drawing power so i doubt floyd faces him)
Fernando Vargas (for the superheavy weight title of the world i just put him in the list to complement the bull**** fighters that u picked)
Old 02-14-2010, 11:34 PM
El Castigador
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by $iCaRiO View Post
man, why would you wanna see any of those fights? seriously, when you know what the outcome is gonna be
Did I say I want to see them? I just said I think they are going to happen. The WW division is not the same anymore. Those will be big fights THEN.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:37 PM
El Castigador
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingOaktown View Post
Chavez Jr is with toprank not GPB

**** the guys you mentioned..

They are not close to Floyd's level

Once again **** the guys you mentioned

they are not on Floyd's level

fighters that I believe he should fight are

Cotto (it would be a good fight and if cotto wins a belt at 154 it would be more intriguing)
Bradley (better then the dudes you listed)
Chavez Jr (40 have tried and 40 have failed this guy is undefeated because no one can **** with him...im just kidding he ****ing sucks worse the that zelenoff kid bad pick from u burner)
Pwills (at 147 it could be a good match up but pwill doesnt have the fan base or drawing power so i doubt floyd faces him)
Fernando Vargas (for the superheavy weight title of the world i just put him in the list to complement the bull**** fighters that u picked)

Did you understand anything I said in the original post? I said BIG MONEY fights that GBP have mentioned before and will look to make. You act like I said these dudes were ATG's. I never said that.

Cotto is about shot my dude.

Bradley would be a good fight. but again not a big money fight.

JCCJr. is a bad fighter but a big money fight in the future my dude.

Williams is managed by Haymon. Floyd and Bertos manager.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Brother Khalid
The Truth Terrorist

Rep Power: 37 Brother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,308,497,045,032.58
Total Points: 24,308,497,119,892.55
Thanks so much for all your HD wizardry! - AndyShitHot 2 commemorate ur new name homey .... - -Boxzilla- 720p legend ..... - -Boxzilla- the king of hd - -Boxzilla- Hooking it up with some excellent quality fights - TheCheetah 
The KING OF HIGH DEF FIGHTS - TheCheetah The King of High Def fights! - TheCheetah High Definition LEGEND - TheCheetah Thanx - PR13 u do homework - nice guy and top poster - cleaner147 
And still...! leaving HD devastation and destruction in your wake. - PittyPat For all the Videos Mate - Stone Roses! Money Mayweather &amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; Pacman - Stone Roses! For the Vasquez-Marquez Trilogy - Stone Roses! cheers! - Tamis_Siensya 
gift giving time to friends - serv have some more mate! - Tamis_Siensya Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Kick Khalid Muhammed aka &quot;The Black Hitler&quot; - Freedom2013 Its white... - Mannie Phresh 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dynamite Kid Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Akinapepemo 
Autism - cleaner147 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - South318 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Man I could careless about the hate. Its played out. Do you have any comments on the original post?
hahaha....it's just fun and games. FWIW he does have an opportunity to make alot of money but those guys are just too green for Floyd at this point. Maybe in 2-3 years from now, but by them Floyd will be 35-36. I say Floyd will honestly only be around for 2 more years max. Mosley, Pac (fight won't happen though), Khan in England, and another big money fight and he calls it a career.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:41 PM
SiCaRiO13 Jr
Banned

Rep Power: 0 SiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond reputeSiCaRiO13 Jr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.04
Total Points: 84,391.91
Buzzz - kaps yu b laikin' da ganja tu mon? - Rasta Smurf i heard you like hotdogs - Congo Cash have a beer homie - MARKBNLV Here's my footlong - $iCaRiO Jr 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - supRa Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - WANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - kadyo Childhood Cancer - kadyo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Cottoman 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Congo Cash Gay and Lesbian Pride - Disposable Arts 

Quote:
Did I say I want to see them? I just said I think they are going to happen. The WW division is not the same anymore. Those will be big fights THEN.
How are they big money fights if nobody would want to see tham?
Old 02-14-2010, 11:47 PM
-The Glove-
Rock out w/ ur Hawk out

Rep Power: 40 -The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 62,159,429,371,600.17
Total Points: 62,272,426,881,757.65
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! haha Have a cold one - Natedatpkid Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Enjoy the game tonight. Don't get griffin'd. - Very Rich Man 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 

Quote:
Originally Posted by $iCaRiO View Post
How are they big money fights if nobody would want to see tham?