Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-01-2010, 07:58 AM
TITO SEVERE
I JUST CAME HOME

Rep Power: 5 TITO SEVERE is a splendid one to beholdTITO SEVERE is a splendid one to beholdTITO SEVERE is a splendid one to beholdTITO SEVERE is a splendid one to beholdTITO SEVERE is a splendid one to beholdTITO SEVERE is a splendid one to beholdTITO SEVERE is a splendid one to beholdTITO SEVERE is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,297,836.16
Total Points: 1,310,437.19
Default Yuriorkis Gamboa - DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE

I have watched his fights and I have seen his most recent against Mtagwa. I am not convienced. I believe he is a very good fighter with exception talents but I think his bad habits will be exposed when he fights a technically sound fighter with a decent jab. His lack of reach and descipline will be his downfall and he will end up getting KO'd when he steps up in competition. At this point he looked great against a figher that was there to make him look great. the only reason Mtagwa was credible is due to the fight with Juanma. Juanma was drained and had nothing left to give after the 7th round. You have to understand styles make fights and Mtagwa had the perfect style for Gamboa to shine. Arum is no dummy and he put him on a good under card and gave him the perfect dance partner to make him look great.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-01-2010, 08:02 AM
KJB
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 KJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 442,518,624.04
Total Points: 452,595,687.19

Anyone can see he has defensive liabilities. He isnt exactly the most tactical offensive fighter either. The point is the kid can bang, and hes got blinding speed. That alone is gonna take him pretty far.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:08 AM
TITO SEVERE
I JUST CAME HOME

Rep Power: 5 TITO SEVERE is a splendid one to beholdTITO SEVERE is a splendid one to beholdTITO SEVERE is a splendid one to beholdTITO SEVERE is a splendid one to beholdTITO SEVERE is a splendid one to beholdTITO SEVERE is a splendid one to beholdTITO SEVERE is a splendid one to beholdTITO SEVERE is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJB View Post
Anyone can see he has defensive liabilities. He isnt exactly the most tactical offensive fighter either. The point is the kid can bang, and hes got blinding speed. That alone is gonna take him pretty far.
I agree I said the kid who is 28 by the way is and has some very bad habits. The fact he is Cuban and claims he is 28 means he is probably on the other side of 30. With over 320 amature fights under his belt and 17 pro fights now I think he should learn how to keep his hands up. he did a little better against Mtagwa but like I said he was supposed to look awesome that was the idea. To me his speed and hard hitting ability will only take him so far. He will need to learn how to pick off punches and keep his right hand up. Like I siad someone with a good jab and decent reach is gong to give him problems.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:11 AM
KJB
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 KJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 442,518,624.04
Total Points: 452,595,687.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITO SEVERE View Post
I agree I said the kid who is 28 by the way is and has some very bad habits. The fact he is Cuban and claims he is 28 means he is probably on the other side of 30. With over 320 amature fights under his belt and 17 pro fights now I think he should learn how to keep his hands up. he did a little better against Mtagwa but like I said he was supposed to look awesome that was the idea. To me his speed and hard hitting ability will only take him so far. He will need to learn how to pick off punches and keep his right hand up. Like I siad someone with a good jab and decent reach is gong to give him problems.
For the most part, he can blast his way through the opposition.
I do agree with you, though. I would definitely pick Chris John to beat him, Celestino Caballero as well. Its just that with all of his talents, he isnt very likely to be beaten by less than elite competition. At least not right now.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Zerwas1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 Zerwas1 has a reputation beyond reputeZerwas1 has a reputation beyond reputeZerwas1 has a reputation beyond reputeZerwas1 has a reputation beyond reputeZerwas1 has a reputation beyond reputeZerwas1 has a reputation beyond reputeZerwas1 has a reputation beyond reputeZerwas1 has a reputation beyond reputeZerwas1 has a reputation beyond reputeZerwas1 has a reputation beyond reputeZerwas1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,781,219,974,027.72
Total Points: 5,781,219,981,289.16

Seen every single fight of him, from the start up. He's the ****.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:30 AM
DeelDough
Blow it up

Rep Power: 12 DeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,925,416.41
Total Points: 45,176,303.73
Your 1st of many gifts! - jazluvr 

this is how I see it.

His speed will get him far.
His ****yness is going top betray him.
His talent will also take him far.
His chin is going to expose his major flaw.(reckless, undiscipline)
His age will not help his legacy
His boxing ability is polished , (400+ fights in the amateurs , this guy is at his peak. His fights with bums will be easy , his fights with elite fighters will be determined on patience , if he can focus on establishing his speed and breaking down opponents he could beat anybody , if he gets ****y with an elite fighter , he will get hurt and not finish the fight.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:33 AM
ANACONDA
Banned

Rep Power: 31 ANACONDA has a reputation beyond reputeANACONDA has a reputation beyond reputeANACONDA has a reputation beyond reputeANACONDA has a reputation beyond reputeANACONDA has a reputation beyond reputeANACONDA has a reputation beyond reputeANACONDA has a reputation beyond reputeANACONDA has a reputation beyond reputeANACONDA has a reputation beyond reputeANACONDA has a reputation beyond reputeANACONDA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 181,715,820,482,547.53
Total Points: 182,680,670,712,574.28
Keep posting, bro. - Libido Sanchez you need more food - MANGLER tuna melt - MANGLER hungry - MARKBNLV An apple for the Apple man!! - Disposable Arts 
It's a big MAC! Lol. - jazluvr beer for the avi - led Thanks dude - £-4-£ No Message - iJohn Locke apple for an apple-lover - led 
Better invention than the I phone - P.K BURRRRRRRRRR! Randomness...... - Bloody$Nate$ Good luck for bets - jazluvr Cheers fellow billionaire.  Sip some and spit it on the poor!!! - Rip Chudd Thanks! Cheers - led 
Cool bro - rorymac RIP Steve Jobs (1955-2011) - VEG Zune is taking over - VEG Thanks for the points, here's a spare wheel. - RajahBell Happy Holidays! - led 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - USA_Pugilist Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - ƒallenloki Childhood Cancer - mangler 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - SOY-COMO-SOY AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - sigrab jr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - - v e t - Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - - v e t - Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MANIAC310 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 

He looks like a Jeff Lacy waiting to happen.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:42 AM
skyler
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 skyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,487,410.91
Total Points: 1,502,432.68
Enjoy one of these while watching Kat - Salty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ßreakbeat View Post
He looks like a Jeff Lacy waiting to happen.
Gamboa has more talent in hes left hand then Jeff Lacy has in hes whole body.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:45 AM
TITO SEVERE
I JUST CAME HOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler View Post
Gamboa has more talent in hes left hand then Jeff Lacy has in hes whole body.
Jeff Lacy lost his best weapon his left hook. After his shoulder went out he was never able to fire that hook the way he was. Calzaghe took his heart and the injury took his best weapon. Gamboa is going to be top notch I just see him being matched well by Arum and taken far. To me a good boxer with a jab and reach is going to make him look very bad stylistically.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:55 AM
ghost deini
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 ghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,122,105.78

gamboa's speed and power can more than make up for his poor defense which isn't really that bad his reflexes seem pretty good i reckon he can avoid alot of shots with his speed alone

it should be a great fight against Lopez and a tough one but i still see Gamboa winning though