Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 05-08-2005, 04:11 PM
The_One77
Banned

Rep Power: 0 The_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 163,330.50
Toast to Wladimir! - Tunney 
Default duran vs leonard 3- a sad sight to see

I just saw the highlights and i've lost some respect for sugar ray leonard, i felt sorry for duran because he was outclassed and all leonard did was mug to the crowd and beat him to the punch. I saw duran was discouraged and sometimes it almost seemed like he was bullied by leonard because duran just couldn't beat the **** out of him.
Leonard showed signs of their second fight of how he humialted him into the 'no mas' scenario.
I was glad when duran gave him a fat cut in the last round on his eye.
Go DURAN!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-11-2005, 05:12 PM
welshwales
Contender

Rep Power: 13 welshwales has a reputation beyond reputewelshwales has a reputation beyond reputewelshwales has a reputation beyond reputewelshwales has a reputation beyond reputewelshwales has a reputation beyond reputewelshwales has a reputation beyond reputewelshwales has a reputation beyond reputewelshwales has a reputation beyond reputewelshwales has a reputation beyond reputewelshwales has a reputation beyond reputewelshwales has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,194.00
Total Points: 20,264.50

that was possibly the only time I hated on Leonard other than the Hagler fight
Old 05-12-2005, 04:42 AM
kapersky
Administrator

Rep Power: 23 kapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 27,249.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshwales
that was possibly the only time I hated on Leonard other than the Hagler fight
i havent seen that fight, what about it?. i though hagler was much bigger than leonard but in that fight leonard looks little bigger than hagler. some can go up and go down but it had no affect on them like roy jones... lucky the are.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Fistof Fury
Amateur

Total Points: 13,310.00

I just saw that fight too. Duran just seemed so frustrated. The look on his face said it all.

I have to say though that Leonard did a keep a very good job of keeping him that way.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:03 AM
czars_salad
pinoy sniper

Rep Power: 3211 czars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 72,496.01
Total Points: 162,824.49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapersky
i havent seen that fight, what about it?. i though hagler was much bigger than leonard but in that fight leonard looks little bigger than hagler. some can go up and go down but it had no affect on them like roy jones... lucky the are.
hagler may have won that fight. leonard would launch a barrage of punches in the first 30 seconds of a round, then hagler outclassed leonard in the middle part of all rounds....up to the last 30 seconds wherein leonard unleash another flurry of punches.

it was like this, leonard won the fight based on impressions. but it was hagler who really fought a real fight
Old 05-13-2005, 02:05 PM
wmute
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 32 wmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 28,502,923,485.14
Total Points: 28,503,128,161.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapersky
well the heaviest leonard ever fought was 165 and when he went back down to 154 he lost to terry norris, so he did not fluctuate that much in weight and when he went back down he lost
Old 05-27-2005, 04:52 PM
partee
Up and Comer

Total Points: 14,388.00

didn't realize there was a Duran-Leonard III---pray tell what happened
Old 05-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Kimmy
Umpalumpa Police

Rep Power: 966 Kimmy has a reputation beyond reputeKimmy has a reputation beyond reputeKimmy has a reputation beyond reputeKimmy has a reputation beyond reputeKimmy has a reputation beyond reputeKimmy has a reputation beyond reputeKimmy has a reputation beyond reputeKimmy has a reputation beyond reputeKimmy has a reputation beyond reputeKimmy has a reputation beyond reputeKimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 92,709.24
Send a message via MSN to Kimmy

It was one sided. Duran did cut Ray in the 4th round but it really didn`t effect the fight. Leoard danced and won a 12 rd dec. The WBC super middleweight title was on the line ( Duran was the WBC middleweight champ having beaten Iran Barkley ).
Duran i feel was just in it for the pay day i think!
Old 05-31-2005, 12:05 AM
onetwopunch
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 onetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 33,318.83

Duran was at his best at 135, but he is the man..to go up in weight and be a force at middle againts all the great middleweights of his time says alot..
Old 06-04-2005, 04:18 PM
solo1bc
Contender

Rep Power: 0 solo1bc is infamous around these partssolo1bc is infamous around these partssolo1bc is infamous around these partssolo1bc is infamous around these partssolo1bc is infamous around these partssolo1bc is infamous around these partssolo1bc is infamous around these partssolo1bc is infamous around these partssolo1bc is infamous around these partssolo1bc is infamous around these partssolo1bc is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 16,599.00

The best way to fight a bully like Duran is to frustrate the hell out of them! Sugar Ray did what he had to do to win and you can't argue with that!