Whos is your favorite Boxer? why? - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 01-23-2010, 11:50 PM #1
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
queenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 22,415.65
Lightbulb Whos is your favorite Boxer? why?

Whos is your favorite Boxer? why?

MANNY PACQUIAO VS. JOSHUA CLOTTEY LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES

BOXING WORLD RECORDS

Last edited by queenieerika; 01-25-2010 at 05:53 AM.
queenieerika is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-24-2010, 01:44 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,134,726,151.98
Total Points: 3,145,014,045.24
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

It's Hearns and Benn.. I tend to speak more about Hearns than i do Benn, so i'll give my reason's for the Dark Destroyer..

Watching him come through the ranks was just like watching Tyson.. Guys heads were bouncing off the ring aprons like nine-pins, & for anyone to go past the 3rd was almost unheard of.. To top it all, he was similar to Tyson in demeanor, clad in black shorts with an aggressive mohiccan hairstyle, nasty snarl and plenty of attitude, often saying,
"I was put on this earth to kick ass."
He was one of those fighters that as soon as you saw him, you knew he was gonna cause some serious damage..
His unpredictability was also something that endeared me to him.. He could literally win or lose to anyone in the same day.. It was like, if he decided he was gonna win, that's exactly what he do, and in style too, but on some occasions, when he was getting the worst of it, it didn't seem to bother him and he'd surrender his aggression..
But to watch and listen to him, was a great privilage and something that i always looked forward to..
mickey malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:24 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

cooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 49,881,938,919,047.77
Total Points: 49,891,938,934,986.25
good luck - TBear Super poster - jazluvr449 E-Gift - ??? have an apple - MANGLER food - MANGLER 
Here you go - ??? These are good for you. - jazluvr super - TBear have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
To a deserving poster! - jazluvr tnx sa green - speedjay Good friends are treasure - jazluvr have a beer man - MANGLER Happy holidays, buddy! - jazluvr 
Happy New Year. - Round 1 cash money - MANGLER for luck and good health - jazluvr 
Childhood Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - ??? 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Izrock Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANGLER 

I hope you get more defined answers than what I'm giving here, but I have so many favorites I would go over the 10000 character limit naming them all. I guess I have a few of the greats that I might favor but there are literally thousands of fighters from all time I appreciate alot. The only fighters I don't put on such a high level are still active ones that are guided so carefully and matched with caution. Back in the day when there was one title, they couldn't get away with that. But what can ya do?
cooper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:45 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 489 Post(s)
sonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 185,136,323.29
Gift for Green - HaglerSteelChin Illiterate troll of the month award. - Jim Jeffries for being a cool poster in history section - led Cool poster award - -Lightsout- Like reading your posts, funny too.  Good job, keep it up. - -D33Pwaters- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Demise Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tanibanana 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey malone View Post
It's Hearns and Benn.. I tend to speak more about Hearns than i do Benn, so i'll give my reason's for the Dark Destroyer..

Watching him come through the ranks was just like watching Tyson.. Guys heads were bouncing off the ring aprons like nine-pins, & for anyone to go past the 3rd was almost unheard of.. To top it all, he was similar to Tyson in demeanor, clad in black shorts with an aggressive mohiccan hairstyle, nasty snarl and plenty of attitude, often saying,
"I was put on this earth to kick ass."
He was one of those fighters that as soon as you saw him, you knew he was gonna cause some serious damage..
His unpredictability was also something that endeared me to him.. He could literally win or lose to anyone in the same day.. It was like, if he decided he was gonna win, that's exactly what he do, and in style too, but on some occasions, when he was getting the worst of it, it didn't seem to bother him and he'd surrender his aggression..
But to watch and listen to him, was a great privilage and something that i always looked forward to..
both great fighters and i like you was fascinated with their rise to the top....others i have followed

Tony Sibson
George Foreman
Marvin Hagler
Roberto Duran
Mike Tyson
Riddick Bowe
Lennox Lewis
Roy Jones
Pernel Whitaker
Miguel Cotto
Manny Pacquiao

Yet the above fighters i very rarely watch today, i much prefer to watch these fighters.

Marcel Cerdan
Louis Rodriguez
Gorrila Jones
Mike"Bounty"Hunter
Jerry Quarry
George Chuvalo
Frank Fletcher
Emile Griffith
Bazooka Limon
Big John Tate
Fritzi Zivic
Eddie Perkins
Oscar Bonavena
Bob Satterfield
Henry Hank
sonnyboyx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:24 AM #5
Banned

Fighting Marine has disabled reputation
Bank: 2,105,462.10
Total Points: 2,466,561.31
46-0 - JoeyZagz 

damn.....too many favourites to name...if i had to choose one...Muhammad Ali....fought the best in his prime, past his prime, and way past his prime when he shouldn't have....holmes and berbick should never have happened...i've only seen both those fights once, pains me to watch it.....P4P Ali's resume is the best ever, nobody can name me any fighter in history who has a better resume than Ali......he's exciting to watch, had so many great fights and rivalries etc etc
Fighting Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:16 AM #6
66-6-11 (51KOS)

CCobra will become famous soon enoughCCobra will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 8,879.36

Jack Dempsey. A Heavyweight that defines ferocity, a class act who's popularity may never be matched (era for era, not all time). Dempsey fought his way to the top and whilst his title reign was far from spectacular, nobody can doubt that he did it the hard way. He rode the rods, fighting all comers, getting screwed over on a regular basis, fighting just to survive until he hooked up with Kearns and eventually worked with Rickard as well. Dempsey is a great HW, an ATG fighter and one of my favourite fighters.

Bernard Hopkins. I love his methodical style of fighting, his fearless nature, taking on anybody and the fact that at the age of 45, I'd favour him over every single LHW (save for Chad Dawson). Hopkins dominated the MW division (may have been a poor division, but it was better then it is now), racked up 20 title defences, fought P4P fighters on a regular basis from 40 onwards and is still one of the best fighters in the world.

Pernell Whitaker. The greatest defensive fighter of all time, a P4P legend and quite simply the greatest fighter since Salvador Sanchez. I've never seen a man beat a myriad of great fighters and make it look so easy. Whitaker fought them all, got robbed 3 times and made DLH look like an amateur (I scored it for Sweet Pea). The best P4P fighter from the early 90s right through to when DLH "beat" him.

Ezzard Charles. One of the greatest technicians of all time. An ATG fighter at LHW and HW, beat ATG fighters at MW, LHW and HW. Would've been three weight lineal champion had he got the shots he deserved (at MW and LHW). Never ducked a fighter, fought them all and beat them all on more than one occasion. The greatest LHW of all time, one of the great HWs (top 20) and is arguably a pretty high ranked MW (if Roy Jones can get a MW ranking.. than Charles can too. Charles MW resume ****s on Jones).

Last edited by CCobra; 01-24-2010 at 07:19 AM.
CCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:40 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
wmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,068,367,921,135.89
Total Points: 1,068,368,160,853.48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCobra View Post
Ezzard Charles. One of the greatest technicians of all time. An ATG fighter at LHW and HW, beat ATG fighters at MW, LHW and HW. Would've been three weight lineal champion had he got the shots he deserved (at MW and LHW). Never ducked a fighter, fought them all and beat them all on more than one occasion. The greatest LHW of all time, one of the great HWs (top 20) and is arguably a pretty high ranked MW (if Roy Jones can get a MW ranking.. than Charles can too. Charles MW resume ****s on Jones).
That's it for me. A complete, accomplished fighter who fought everyone and more, of whom we have enough footage to talk about.

Hagler used to be my favorite, but I eventually had to admit to myself that he was not a very smart fighter, and that ruined it a bit for me.
wmute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:45 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Marcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,731,293,437,113,923,534,848.00
Total Points: 8,731,293,437,113,923,534,848.00
oktoberfest - led trick or treat? what's up, bud... - BABYBOXER instead of green - speedjay sending gifts to friends today - serv gift giving time to friends - serv 
No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay Merry Christmas - TBear Merry Christmas - TBear 
Happy Holidays Marcov.. - !! AI-Holmes!! thanks for the New Years Green, Happy New Years to you too :beerchug: - jose830 Happy Holidays bro! - jazluvr &quot;We settle for guns because tanks don't fit under our beds.&quot;    lol - -jose- appreciate that! - -jose- 
Happy Hollidays Marc - TBear National Beer Day 2014-2015 - TBear thank you sir :usa2: - -jose- Merry Christmas Marcov - TBear Merry Christmas Marcov - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Killa_Kali Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Akinapepemo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BABYBOXER Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - BABYBOXER 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jazluvr Childhood Cancer - Sir TomJones Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Sir TomJones 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Butterbean

just kidding

Ray Robinson
Archie Moore
Joe Louis
Bob Foster
Alexis Arguello
George Foreman
Muhammad Ali
Thomas Hearns
Roberto Duran
for starters
Marcov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:43 AM #9
Undisputed Champion

mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,134,726,151.98
Total Points: 3,145,014,045.24
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
both great fighters and i like you was fascinated with their rise to the top....others i have followed

Tony Sibson
George Foreman
Marvin Hagler
Roberto Duran
Mike Tyson
Riddick Bowe
Lennox Lewis
Roy Jones
Pernel Whitaker
Miguel Cotto
Manny Pacquiao

Yet the above fighters i very rarely watch today, i much prefer to watch these fighters.

Marcel Cerdan
Louis Rodriguez
Gorrila Jones
Mike"Bounty"Hunter
Jerry Quarry
George Chuvalo
Frank Fletcher
Emile Griffith
Bazooka Limon
Big John Tate
Fritzi Zivic
Eddie Perkins
Oscar Bonavena
Bob Satterfield
Henry Hank
No arguments there... Fantastic choices!
mickey malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:01 AM #10
Banned

queenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond reputequeenieerika has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 22,415.65

NIce favorites guys... hehehe have a nice day
queenieerika is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxer?, favorite, why?

User Tag List