What do you guys think of my ATG P4P List?? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 01-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Fighting Marine
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bank: 2,105,462.10
Total Points: 2,461,548.31
46-0 - JoeyZagz 
Default What do you guys think of my ATG P4P List??

Give me your thoughts...........

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Muhammad Ali
3. Henry Armstrong
4. Joe Louis
5. Willie Pep
6. Sugar Ray Leonard
7. Roberto Duran
8. Benny Leonard
9. Harry Greb
10. Archie Moore
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-21-2010, 09:39 AM
mickey malone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,134,726,151.98
Total Points: 3,145,008,767.24
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

It's a very good list..

I'd be inclined to take out Ray Leonard in favour of Joe Gans.. I feel there was too much inactivity and not enough fights on Ray's resume to warrant a top 10 spot.. Other than that, they're the names i'd use, but in a slightly different order and with the inclusion of Sam Langford, but the agony is: Who do i move to make room for him?.. Regretably, it'd probably be Benny Leonard, because like yourself, i've always rated him a knats **** below Duran.. Benny also spent his whole career at lightweight, where as Gans and Duran also performed well in higher weight divisions..

Henry Armstrong
Ray Robinson
Harry Greb
Joe Louis
Muhammad Ali
Joe Gans
Willie Pep
Sam Langford
Roberto Duran
Archie Moore

With Benny Leonard & Jimmy Wilde, jollying for the no11 spot..
Old 01-21-2010, 09:46 AM
donkim
Banned

Rep Power: 0 donkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these parts
Bank: 18.75
Total Points: 38,361.53
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Method Checker Gay and Lesbian Pride - JAB5239 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JAB5239 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

Quite laughable that Louis is placed so high up on these lists.Louis wasn't even the greatest heavyweight of all time and he wasn't a greater fighter than Ezzard Charles either.

Duran the quitter doesn't deserve to be on such a list either.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Fighting Marine
Banned

46-0 - JoeyZagz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey malone View Post
It's a very good list..

I'd be inclined to take out Ray Leonard in favour of Joe Gans.. I feel there was too much inactivity and not enough fights on Ray's resume to warrant a top 10 spot.. Other than that, they're the names i'd use, but in a slightly different order and with the inclusion of Sam Langford, but the agony is: Who do i move to make room for him?.. Regretably, it'd probably be Benny Leonard, because like yourself, i've always rated him a knats **** below Duran.. Benny also spent his whole career at lightweight, where as Gans and Duran also performed well in higher weight divisions..

Henry Armstrong
Ray Robinson
Harry Greb
Joe Louis
Muhammad Ali
Joe Gans
Willie Pep
Sam Langford
Roberto Duran
Archie Moore

With Benny Leonard & Jimmy Wilde, jollying for the no11 spot..
interesting that you have armstrong ahead of ray robinson, even though robinson beat armstrong, albeit towards the end of his career.......but if Armstrong wasn't robbed for that middleweight title he would definetly have a stronger case
Old 01-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Fighting Marine
Banned

46-0 - JoeyZagz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkim View Post
Quite laughable that Louis is placed so high up on these lists.Louis wasn't even the greatest heavyweight of all time and he wasn't a greater fighter than Ezzard Charles either.

Duran the quitter doesn't deserve to be on such a list either.
lol dude....why the hate for 2 great fighters??? Duran quit at a much higher weight than he was accustomed to.....take into account that Duran was a lightweight who had the balls to face some of the greatest welterweights and middleweights of all time
Old 01-21-2010, 10:21 AM
The_Demon
Big dog

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Rep Power: 41 The_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 69,436,106,954.03
Total Points: 100,523,991,686.60
cant grren k you my friend at the moment so i got you a gift instead - project xxx1 Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad thanks mate - Pension-Killer Thanks for knowing the movie mane - Natedatpkid I hope this beer will help,. I'm a nice guy - McGoorty 
#tmt - sugarsmosley 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - DuttyAlacrity Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Sir TomJones Childhood Cancer - Sir TomJones Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey Road View Post
lol dude....why the hate for 2 great fighters??? Duran quit at a much higher weight than he was accustomed to.....take into account that Duran was a lightweight who had the balls to face some of the greatest welterweights and middleweights of all time
ignore that guy,hes a retarded troll who scurries around picking fights with people to try and compensate for his lack of boxing knowledge
Old 01-21-2010, 11:33 AM
mickey malone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,134,726,151.98
Total Points: 3,145,008,767.24
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
interesting that you have armstrong ahead of ray robinson, even though robinson beat armstrong, albeit towards the end of his career.......but if Armstrong wasn't robbed for that middleweight title he would definetly have a stronger case
I've got Armstrong at the very top, partly because of what you mentioned.. Had Armstrong been given the nod, instead of the debatable draw with Ceferino Garcia, he'd have won 4 undisputed titles from a total of 8 weight divisions, meaning, he'd have won 50% of everything there is in pro boxing..
Ironically, Armstrong had already beaten Garcia at welterweight..

And yes, Robinson does hold a DC victory over a past prime Armstrong..
Ray had been beaten only once in 45 starts at the time, and was a lot bigger than Hank, who'd won his 1st title at featherweight many years earlier..
Old 01-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Suckmedry
back and better than ever

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Rep Power: 26 Suckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,084,730.34
Total Points: 10,005,809,672.58
one of the worst posters in the history of boxingscene - Freedom2014 Easily the worst member of NSB - Red Cyclone to make yourself look pretty for LacedUp - Weltschmerz sit on this, fanboy. then do your homework little piss ant - Weltschmerz suck it slut - Weltschmerz 
suck biatch - Rammstein pop some bottles m8 - sugarsmosley Calm down babe - dan_cov you are very stupid - Freedom2014 Good poster - jas 
Kick this racist! - Box-Office one of the very worst in boxingscene history - Freedom. 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Freedom2014 

Quote:
We have been asking that question for damn near 6 months now.....
Old 01-22-2010, 01:24 PM
McGrain
Contender

Rep Power: 10 McGrain has a reputation beyond reputeMcGrain has a reputation beyond reputeMcGrain has a reputation beyond reputeMcGrain has a reputation beyond reputeMcGrain has a reputation beyond reputeMcGrain has a reputation beyond reputeMcGrain has a reputation beyond reputeMcGrain has a reputation beyond reputeMcGrain has a reputation beyond reputeMcGrain has a reputation beyond reputeMcGrain has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,230.67

01 - Harry Greb
02 - SamLangford
03 - Sugar Ray Robinson
04 - Henry Armstrong
05 - Ezzard Charles
06 - Muhammad Ali
07 - Bob Fitzsimmons
08 - Willie Pep
09 - Archie Moore
10 - Benny Leonard
Old 01-22-2010, 11:58 PM
tyger
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Rep Power: 135 tyger has a reputation beyond reputetyger has a reputation beyond reputetyger has a reputation beyond reputetyger has a reputation beyond reputetyger has a reputation beyond reputetyger has a reputation beyond reputetyger has a reputation beyond reputetyger has a reputation beyond reputetyger has a reputation beyond reputetyger has a reputation beyond reputetyger has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,565,467,852,617,902.00
Total Points: 10,565,467,852,630,744.00
super - TBear have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For a man of honor - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas - TBear Happy New Year. - Round 1 Some fine wine - ??? have a gift bro. - chiguy91 beer bro - MANGLER 
Happy Holidays tyger.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Holidays bro! - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER 

Quote:
Give me your thoughts...........

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Muhammad Ali
3. Henry Armstrong
4. Joe Louis
5. Willie Pep
6. Sugar Ray Leonard
7. Roberto Duran
8. Benny Leonard
9. Harry Greb
10. Archie Moore

Looks good to me, I might have moved Louis up one and I also could understand arguments for moving Duran up but you have it good enough.

Share This With Friends

Tags
guys, list??

User Tag List