Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#41
Old 01-18-2010, 07:15 PM
M.I.C.
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,384
Rep Power: 0 M.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these parts
Points: 302,981.96
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 302,981.96
Nobody says no to drug test for 40 Million - HaglerSteelChin 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splackavellie View Post
...says the boy with a roid sig.
The sig wasn't my idea, it was a gift from the Pro Blood Test crowd. Do I think Pac should have submit to the testing? Yes I do. No pro athlete should ever refuse a better drug testing regime. If McGwire hitting 70 homeruns is cause for suspicion then so is moving from 135 in less than a year and knocking out Miguel Cotto at Welterweight.
Reply With Quote
M.I.C. is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#42
Old 01-18-2010, 07:17 PM
M.I.C.
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,384
Rep Power: 0 M.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these parts
Points: 302,981.96
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 302,981.96
Nobody says no to drug test for 40 Million - HaglerSteelChin 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahaa View Post
24/7 wasn't made because X boxer is famous, therefore people will watch.

24/7 was made to help promote the upcoming fight, and so they have story lines within those 4 episodes. training, family, camp conflicts, etc.
Thanks for telling me the history and purpose of the HBO 24/7 documentary series
Reply With Quote
M.I.C. is offline
#43
Old 01-18-2010, 07:24 PM
hahaa
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 181
Rep Power: 5 hahaa is on a distinguished road
Points: 4,353.52
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,353.52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.C. View Post
Thanks for telling me the history and purpose of the HBO 24/7 documentary series
I got you, dont trip

Just making sure, cause you know your argument (as quoted) is that x boxer and y boxer isn't popular therefore they dont get a 24/7.

but yeah got your back!
Reply With Quote
hahaa is offline
#44
Old 01-18-2010, 07:32 PM
M.I.C.
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,384
Rep Power: 0 M.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these parts
Points: 302,981.96
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 302,981.96
Nobody says no to drug test for 40 Million - HaglerSteelChin 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahaa View Post
I got you, dont trip

Just making sure, cause you know your argument (as quoted) is that x boxer and y boxer isn't popular therefore they dont get a 24/7.

but yeah got your back!
It's not just popularity, the world just simply doesn't care about Pac vs Clottey. Now dont get me wrong, its a good fight, but as far as having an interest beyond the ring action itself....the world doesn't care. The storyline the world cares about are the one's involving Mayweather, this is also the storyline that HBO cares about as well.

With that said, I just dont see HBO investing a lot of time or money into Pac-Clottey.
Reply With Quote
M.I.C. is offline
#45
Old 01-18-2010, 07:40 PM
hahaa
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 181
Rep Power: 5 hahaa is on a distinguished road
Points: 4,353.52
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,353.52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.C. View Post
It's not just popularity, the world just simply doesn't care about Pac vs Clottey. Now dont get me wrong, its a good fight, but as far as having an interest beyond the ring action itself....the world doesn't care. The storyline the world cares about are the one's involving Mayweather, this is also the storyline that HBO cares about as well.

With that said, I just dont see HBO investing a lot of time or money into Pac-Clottey.
Thats the point of HBO producing the show, it's their intention to grab the people that don't know/care about the fight to buy their ppv. They are giving viewership a "preview" if you wanna call it that.

And there will be interesting storylines. Cowboys stadium, pacs infamous failed negotiations, Clottey's canceled bout, heck even his life.
Reply With Quote
hahaa is offline
#46
Old 01-18-2010, 07:42 PM
supRa
supercharged
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: █ τx █
Posts: 7,045
Rep Power: 24 supRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 60,165.11
Bank: 2,599,101,773.11
Total Points: 2,599,161,938.22
Merry Christmas - msagrain here you go - Savino Have a snack homey. You good peoples. - mangler for being a cool dude - mangler jr Cool mothafukka - mangler 
No Message - ??? good video bro! good luck on your next fight! - jose830 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - .::WaRCoTTo::. Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - ??? Gay and Lesbian Pride - $iCaRiO Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - WANGLER 
Send a message via Skype™ to supRa
Default

who wouldnt watch it...
Reply With Quote
supRa is offline
#47
Old 01-18-2010, 07:46 PM
M.I.C.
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,384
Rep Power: 0 M.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these partsM.I.C. is infamous around these parts
Points: 302,981.96
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 302,981.96
Nobody says no to drug test for 40 Million - HaglerSteelChin 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahaa View Post
Thats the point of HBO producing the show, it's their intention to grab the people that don't know/care about the fight to buy their ppv. They are giving viewership a "preview" if you wanna call it that.

And there will be interesting storylines. Cowboys stadium, pacs infamous failed negotiations, Clottey's canceled bout, heck even his life.
Thats the politically correct way of viewing it. The original 24/7 showcased Floyd and Oscar and their certainly where not many out there who didn't already know them. HBO does things for ratings just like any other network. If they dont see Pac-Clottey as generating what they are spending to make a 24-7 series they wont do it. This fight, if you ask me, is a Arum, Jerry Jones project, this is their baby, not HBO's.
Reply With Quote
M.I.C. is offline
#48
Old 01-18-2010, 08:12 PM
hahaa
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 181
Rep Power: 5 hahaa is on a distinguished road
Points: 4,353.52
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,353.52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.C. View Post
Thats the politically correct way of viewing it. The original 24/7 showcased Floyd and Oscar and their certainly where not many out there who didn't already know them. HBO does things for ratings just like any other network. If they dont see Pac-Clottey as generating what they are spending to make a 24-7 series they wont do it. This fight, if you ask me, is a Arum, Jerry Jones project, this is their baby, not HBO's.
Ratings is vital, but im sure they will produce pac-clottey 24/7 if they get the fight. i mean calzaghe-jones had one. lol

it's true that it's their project, but it's probably in their best interest to run the ppv with a company that has the track record. but who knows maybe jones has connections and he and arum will do something completely new.
Reply With Quote
hahaa is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
24-7, pac-clottey, watch

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:41 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.