Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who hattons next fight?
Tim Bradley 2 6.90%
Amir Khan 4 13.79%
Juan Marquez 18 62.07%
Junior Witter 4 13.79%
Paulie Malanaggi (rematch) 0 0%
Other? 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 01-14-2010, 07:07 AM
murmagic
This Is Anfield

Rep Power: 8 murmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,939.47
Total Points: 10,405,098,226.28
Default Ricky Hattons summer Return

ricky announed yesterday that hes coming back in the summer and fighting at light-welterweight, who does everyone think he will be fighting? and will it be a one fight return?

i hope he has a tune up fight and goes for people like khan or bradley after. but the rumors are it might only be a 1 fight return.

hatton has done so uch for british boxing over the past decade and has only been between by two of the best in his era so it would be get to see him fight for a few more times.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-14-2010, 07:10 AM
General Zod
Banned

Rep Power: 0 General Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 164.51
Total Points: 208,301.49
your the man - project xxx1 

I think Hattons days at lww are over, if he competes it going to have to be at a higher weight like ww.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:10 AM
murmagic
This Is Anfield

Rep Power: 8 murmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond reputemurmagic has a reputation beyond repute

Poll coming... i have put junior witter there because they have always had a rivalry and with hatton and witter both coming off loses to could be a good fight for a comeback
Old 01-14-2010, 07:11 AM
murmagic
This Is Anfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentsmith View Post
I think Hattons days at lww are over, if he competes it going to have to be at a higher weight like ww.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...857438,00.html

He said he will fight at lww. but he is walking around like a heavyweight atm
Old 01-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Dynamite Kid
Slicker than your average

Rep Power: 57 Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,746,496,798.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Difficult to say because although JMM is past it he is still a good counter puncher and he probably still has enough timing & power to take Hatton out. Amir Khan's obvious speed advantage & accuracy would give Hatton problems, however Khan has had problems when he has been pressured so....

Its gotta be between these two dont know which one though.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:40 AM
NigelBenn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 NigelBenn has a reputation beyond reputeNigelBenn has a reputation beyond reputeNigelBenn has a reputation beyond reputeNigelBenn has a reputation beyond reputeNigelBenn has a reputation beyond reputeNigelBenn has a reputation beyond reputeNigelBenn has a reputation beyond reputeNigelBenn has a reputation beyond reputeNigelBenn has a reputation beyond reputeNigelBenn has a reputation beyond reputeNigelBenn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,146,162.23
Total Points: 1,204,549.07

Boxers don't take kindly to being given advice by non-boxers. Non-boxers, according to boxers, know nothing of boxing. And most of the time they're right.

When it comes to retirement, boxers are particularly sensitive to counselling from outside their tribe. "Everyone's become an expert about me," said Ricky Hatton after his devastating defeat to Manny Pacquiao in May, "but it's my decision." Yet when it comes to retirement, boxers so often get it wrong.

"A fighter knows when to quit," Chris Eubank told BBC Sport last year, wilfully ignoring the stacks of evidence to the contrary. Joe Louis didn't know when to quit. Muhammad Ali didn't know when to quit. Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Julio Cesar Chavez, Evander Holyfield - none of them knew when to quit.

Then there's Greg Page, a former heavyweight world champion who was buried the day after Hatton's defeat to Pacquiao in Las Vegas.

Page, a sparring partner of Ali, retired at the age of 34 in 1993, only to embark on a comeback three years later. Like legions of fighters before him, he thought he knew when to quit - and then changed his mind.

In 2001, at the age of 42, Page was knocked into a coma by 24-year-old opponent Dale Crowe. He never fully recovered.

"If you don't quit, you'll get it eventually," Holyfield told me once, but what he meant by "it" is open to interpretation.

Another fighter who thought he knew when to quit is Freddie Roach, the American trainer who masterminded Pacquiao's two-round demolition of Hatton.

"Knockouts like that are not good for people," said Roach, who suffers from Parkinson's disease exacerbated by boxing, after Hatton's devastating defeat.

"I was told to retire by my trainer and I fought five more fights without him. I lost four of them, so my trainer was probably right."

Roach, like Hatton a rough-and-tumble fighter who was prepared to take two punches to land one of his own, called on Manchester's former light-welterweight king to pack it in after the loss to Pacquiao. Other notables, from Henry Cooper to John Conteh, followed suit.

Hatton, not wishing to go out flat on his back, eyes flickering on and off like a busted lightbulb, has ignored them. What do Cooper and Conteh know about getting out at the right time, Hatton might have thought. Not much, but then that's the point.

Given boxing's track record, his decision to fight on is hardly surprising, but that doesn't make it any less baffling to the non-boxer.

Hatton was knocked cold by Manny Pacquiao inside two rounds in Las Vegas last May

Unlike Page, Hatton has millions in the bank. He has a loving family, a glamorous girlfriend, a young son. Plus, against Mexico's two-weight world champion Juan Manuel Marquez, a 36-year-old pumped up featherweight and his likely opponent, Hatton will have nothing much to gain and everything to lose. But if Hatton's not a boxer, what exactly is he?

He has spoken of becoming the "greatest promoter in the world", but hearing you're the greatest promoter in the world has nothing on being told "There's Only One Ricky Hatton". Over and over again, by tens of thousands, while you're up there under lights.

"Success in the ring," Barry McGuigan recently told BBC Sport, "is like a Class A drug." Which is why Hatton is still chasing the dragon, and why that highest of highs will no doubt remain elusive.

For all the hype surrounding his bouts on American soil (nine in total), Hatton's personal Everest was his defeat of Kostya Tszyu in Manchester in June 2005. Despite his protestations, he's been descending ever since.

No-one who was present will forget that clammy Sunday morning at the MEN Arena, when Hatton ploughed Tszyu into the canvas to claim the IBF light-welterweight crown. Just as no-one will forget the manner in which he did it.

Pressurising, mauling, wrestling - it was what Hatton did best. Unfortunately, against slicker, and less shopworn, fighters than the 35-year-old Tszyu, Hatton's brawling just didn't cut it.

The unmistakable signs of very real decline were there for all to see in the summer of 2008, when Juan Lazcano, a career lightweight, rocked Hatton to his boots in a bona-fide tear-up at the City of Manchester Stadium.

After that fight, Hatton got himself a new trainer, Floyd Mayweather Sr, and convinced himself he was a fighter reborn with an easy win over Paulie Malignaggi. Pacquiao would disabuse him of that notion in brutal fashion.

So Hatton was found wanting on the biggest stage - outclassed by Floyd Mayweather Jr, demolished by Pacquiao - but then there's no shame in that.

The only shame will be to see him back in the ring, with nothing left to prove, except perhaps to himself. All that any true fan can hope for is that it's merely one for the road.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:45 AM
the niggest
Banned

Rep Power: 0 the niggest is infamous around these partsthe niggest is infamous around these partsthe niggest is infamous around these partsthe niggest is infamous around these partsthe niggest is infamous around these partsthe niggest is infamous around these partsthe niggest is infamous around these partsthe niggest is infamous around these partsthe niggest is infamous around these partsthe niggest is infamous around these partsthe niggest is infamous around these parts
Bank: 87,110,678.45
Total Points: 87,167,863.10
Be Joyful - Gift Giver 

I'd like to see him fight Junior Witter as a comeback fight and then Amir Khan at the end of the year in two huge all-British domestic fights.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Calza appy
Contender

Rep Power: 5 Calza appy has a reputation beyond reputeCalza appy has a reputation beyond reputeCalza appy has a reputation beyond reputeCalza appy has a reputation beyond reputeCalza appy has a reputation beyond reputeCalza appy has a reputation beyond reputeCalza appy has a reputation beyond reputeCalza appy has a reputation beyond reputeCalza appy has a reputation beyond reputeCalza appy has a reputation beyond reputeCalza appy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 251,152,059.84
Total Points: 301,187,563.96

Witter for me, simply because thats one of the few fights i think he can still win.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Dynamite Kid
Slicker than your average

Rep Power: 57 Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,746,496,798.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calza appy View Post
Witter for me, simply because thats one of the few fights i think he can still win.
Why? Witter is left handed, he can punch hard, and win over Witter does nothing for Hatton imo.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:59 AM
Sick/
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Sick/ Sick/ Sick/ Sick/ Sick/ Sick/ Sick/ Sick/ Sick/ Sick/ Sick/
Bank: 294,005,498.87
Total Points: 17,269,859,701.96
no ribbons!! better yet a gift! :D enjoy - mellow_mood :) - LDB15 i'm an emillionaire son! - -Boxzilla- gimme green honey - -JOLLYROGER- Thanx homey. Have a brew on me bro. - mangler 
A sandwich for you - ??? No Message - _PlaT_NuM_ No Message - LDB15 Put this in your bottom. xx - Naps No Message - Savino 
Eat up homey - mangler Have a soft drink on me bruv... - The Gully Gad Good battle on the Hous thread! :) - Naps Have some ckae - ??? reached that e millionaire statues - Savino 
Get pretty for me babes. - ЯiZО Merry Christmas - Sαntα Chicken korma with naan, please. - Flab Real sense of humour. DAN! DAN! - rorymac stick it down your japseye - rorymac 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - phallusy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - phallusy AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - iBox Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - ??? 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - LDB15 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - LDB15 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - LDB15 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - LDB15 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - LDB15 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Savino Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - siablo14 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Savino Hepatitis C - Breakbeat Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Breakbeat 
Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Savino Gay and Lesbian Pride - Dubious-Dutch Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Mr._Pink World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Flab Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad 

Juan urango