Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 01-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Parody
Oldschool
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Age: 30
Posts: 14,056
Rep Power: 519 Parody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,121,036.62
Bank: 146,733,059.01
Total Points: 147,854,095.63
Default Some of you Pacquiao fans are extremely ridiculous.

First of all I am a big fan of both fighters in Mayweather & Pacquiao. I have never blamed Pacquiao for using any type of PED's because I think he is clean, but the recent actions of Team Pacquiao have made things suspicious and I am now a bit confused about the whole situation. When Floyd Senior first accused Pacquiao of steroids, my obvious thought was he is a jealous bitter man (His fighter Hatton got owned by Pacquiao and he predicted Cotto would beat Pacquiao, yet he didn't give Pacquiao any credit once Pac beat Cotto) but since then Team Pacquiao has shot themselves in the foot and made people suspicious who didn't initially agree with Floyd Senior at all in the first place.


I never thought this fight wont happen over the drug testing issue as IMO the main things were Split, Location, Date & Gloves which were all agreed upon. Most of these demands from Team Pacquiao were accepted by Team Mayweather (Gloves, Date, Split, 10 million dollars per pound) yet the only demand Floyd had is go through the Olympic style drug testing for this bout which take blood tests of BOTH fighters which could make the sport clean, whats wrong with that if you have nothing to hide? Arthur Abraham also has that type of testing in his contract. Freddie Roach and Team Pacquiao had first agreed to the Olympic style drug testing and later backed out making claims that Pacquiao is supersticious, scared of needles (even though he has several tattoos) and it affects him mentally. Then they said as long as the test isn't taken between 3-5 days, then it shouldn't be a problem for Pacquiao because he will be fine mentally YET after a few days they changed their tune again and said there should be a 30 day gap before the blood test is taken. Kills the whole point doesn't it when it is supposed to be a random test?


What pissed me off was Bob Arum constantly lying to the media about the situation to make it seem as Floyd is the one who is trying to break this fight when he is the one who has showed he wants this fight more. During the mediation Pac's team says lets make it 24 days while Floyd's team makes a counter offer of 14 days (which Arum didn't care to mention, denied it before until he eventually admitted the offer was made) 14 is near the middle of the initial 30 day offer and it is fair considering the statement Freddie Roach made about the 3-5 day window. I mean why isn't Manny just taking the blood tests within 14 days and get a $40 million payday along with clearing his name? Floyd is willing to do the same and also willing to pay 10 million dollars if he comes over 147 lbs. Look I dont like what Floyd Sr. has started because it gives our sport a bad name if the best pound for pound fighter is being accused of PED's but the only reason it has gotten more attention is because of Pacquiao's TEAM. Many boxers and writers have started talked about this issue more since Pacquiao's refusal for the blood tests and the dumb statements made by his team which raised further questions.


I dont care about the article Tim smith posted (who is a very credible writer) or what Teddy Atlas said about Team Pacquiao asking for dirty results to be hidden because again it is an allegation WITHOUT proof but you guys should understand these people put their credibility on line when making such statements publicly. I understand most fight fans have a bias towards a certain fighter but SOME of the pacquiao fans are extremely ridiculous and would go to ANY extent to hate on a fighter in an obsessive manner. From signing e-petitions & asking sponsors to stop endorsing a fighter/ attempting to prevent him from making any money, what would you get out of trying to steal the bread and butter of a man who fights for a living? Now he is being accused of using a drug which is legal in the state he fights in, for which he has never tested positive for, wouldn't mind taking tests to prove himself (Unlike Pacquiao) and even if he uses it legally in Nevada, what reason could it be other than hand injuries? Its like comparing apple to oranges, no matter how some of you Pacquiao fans try to spin this, but denying to be blood tested for Steroids or PED's even when your getting a $40 million dollars is different to being tested for a painkiller which is legal in the state your fighting in and is allegedly used for Floyds brittle hands (Floyd hasn't refused to be tested for it)


Some of you Pacquiao fans take this way too personal and it seems like a fighter is more bigger to you than the sport itself.

Last edited by Parody; 01-10-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Parody is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 01-10-2010, 10:10 PM
ShoguNinja
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 507
Rep Power: 7 ShoguNinja has a reputation beyond reputeShoguNinja has a reputation beyond reputeShoguNinja has a reputation beyond reputeShoguNinja has a reputation beyond reputeShoguNinja has a reputation beyond reputeShoguNinja has a reputation beyond reputeShoguNinja has a reputation beyond reputeShoguNinja has a reputation beyond reputeShoguNinja has a reputation beyond reputeShoguNinja has a reputation beyond reputeShoguNinja has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 13,938.43
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,938.43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
First of all I am a big fan of both fighters in Mayweather & Pacquiao. I have never blamed Pacquiao for using any type of PED's because I think he is clean, but the recent actions of Team Pacquiao have made things suspicious and I am now a bit confused about the whole situation. When Floyd Senior first accused Pacquiao of steroids, my obvious thought was he is a jealous bitter man (His fighter Hatton got owned by Pacquiao and he predicted Cotto would beat Pacquiao, yet he didn't give Pacquiao any credit once Pac beat Cotto) but since then Team Pacquiao has shot themselves in the foot and made people suspicious who didn't initially agree with Floyd Senior at all in the first place.


I never thought this fight wont happen over the drug testing issue as IMO the main things were Split, Location, Date & Gloves which were all agreed upon. Most of these demands from Team Pacquiao were accepted by Team Mayweather (Gloves, Date, Split, 10 million dollars per pound) yet the only demand Floyd had is go through the Olympic style drug testing for this bout which take blood tests of BOTH fighters which could make the sport clean, whats wrong with that if you have nothing to hide? Arthur Abraham also has that type of testing in his contract. Freddie Roach and Team Pacquiao had first agreed to the Olympic style drug testing and later backed out making claims that Pacquiao is supersticious, scared of needles (even though he has several tattoos) and it affects him mentally. Then they said as long as the test isn't taken between 3-5 days, then it shouldn't be a problem for Pacquiao because he will be fine mentally YET after a few days they changed their tune again and said there should be a 30 day gap before the blood test is taken. Kills the whole point doesn't it when it is supposed to be a random test?


What pissed me off was Bob Arum constantly lying to the media about the situation to make it seem as Floyd is the one who is trying to break this fight when he is the one who has showed he wants this fight more. During the mediation Pac's team says lets make it 24 days while Floyd's team makes a counter offer of 14 days (which Arum didn't care to mention, denied it before until he eventually admitted the offer was made) 14 is near the middle of the initial 30 day offer and it is fair considering the statement Freddie Roach made about the 3-5 day window. I mean why isn't Manny just taking the blood tests within 14 days and get a $40 million payday along with clearing his name? Floyd is willing to do the same and also willing to pay 10 million dollars if he comes over 147 lbs.

I dont like what Floyd Sr. has started because it gives our sport a bad name if the best pound for pound fighter is accused of PED's but the only reason it has gotten more attention is because of Pacquiao themselves. Many boxers and writers have started talked about this issue more since Pacquiao's refusal for the blood tests and the dumb statements made by his team which raised further questions. I dont care about the article Tim smith posted (who is a very credible writer) or what Teddy Atlas said about Team Pacquiao asking for dirty results to be hidden because again it is an allegation WITHOUT proof but you guys should understand these people put their credibility on line when making such statements publicly. I understand most fight fans have a bias towards a certain fighter but SOME of the pacquiao fans are extremely ridiculous and would go to ANY extent to hate on a fighter in an obsessive manner. From signing e-petitions & asking sponsors to stop endorsing a fighter/ attempting to prevent him from making any money, what would you get out of trying to steal the bread and butter of a man who fights for a living? Now he is being accused of using a drug which is legal in the state he fights in, for which he has never tested positive for, wouldn't mind taking tests to prove himself (Unlike Pacquiao) and even if he uses it legally in Nevada, what reason could it be other than hand injuries? Its like comparing apple to oranges, no matter how some of you Pacquiao fans try to spin this, but denying to be blood tested for Steroids or PED's even when your getting a $40 million dollars is different to being tested for a painkiller which is legal in the state your fighting in and is allegedly used for Floyds brittle hands (Floyd hasn't refused to be tested for it)


Some of you guys take this too personal.

Another C@cksucker of Floyd "Xylocaine" Gayweather Jr.
Reply With Quote
ShoguNinja is offline
#3
Old 01-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Parody
Oldschool
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Age: 30
Posts: 14,056
Rep Power: 519 Parody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,121,036.62
Bank: 146,733,059.01
Total Points: 147,854,095.63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoguNinja View Post
Another C@cksucker of Floyd "Xylocaine" Gayweather Jr.
Did you even bother to read the thread? Oh wait, its a newbie or an alt.
Reply With Quote
Parody is offline
#4
Old 01-10-2010, 10:16 PM
ThePunchingBag
Rolling with the punches.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,647
Rep Power: 17 ThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,100,000,299,363.38
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,100,000,299,363.38
Be Joyful - Gift Giver 
Default

The key word here is "some". Not all, but "some".

I used to be a fan of Mayweather too. Until he chose to become the villain.
Reply With Quote
ThePunchingBag is offline
#5
Old 01-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Carpe Diem
Seize the day
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Age: 23
Posts: 17,656
Rep Power: 49 Carpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 44,143,114,649.34
Bank: 80,293,200,877,421.61
Total Points: 80,337,343,992,070.95
only mayweather fan i can stand and like lol! keep being a cool guy! i like slushies so here's one hehe! cheers bro! :) - Akyra Here...have a beer. Men don't drink slushies. - check hook No Message - Old Coward beer 4 a good poster - led Have a shot - danny711 
Merry Christmas - Flab old enough to drink - MANIAC310 Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Have a gift - ABOSWORTH solid poster - sugarsmosley 
Default

All the hints and excuses are there to connect that Team Pacquiao had very little interest of making the fight happen.



December 11:

Freddie Roach: I have no problem with the testing whatsoever. They can do whatever (Keyword: Whatever) kind of drug testing that they want.

December 22:

Early today Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, was contacted by Top Rank President Todd duBoef, who informed Schaefer that Pacquiao would not agree to have his blood taken within 30-days of the bout based on the fighter’s superstition of testing so close to a fight.

Richard Schaefer: Todd told me that Pacquiao has difficulty with taking blood and doesn’t want to do it so close to the fight. He, Pacquiao, would only agree to have blood drawn before the kick-off press conference and after the fight.

In that same day,

Freddie Roach: A urine test is just as qualified as a blood test. [Human growth hormone] is not detected by blood or urine.”

How is HGH test done?

More than one blood sample must be taken on different days, due to rapid changing levels of growth hormone. A test measuring IGF-1 levels may be taken in conjunction, as its levels change much slower. Before blood is drawn, the administering health professional should be informed of any disorders or medication being taken which can lead to bleeding at the site of the puncture.

December 23:

Bob Arum: Manny says that taking blood from him really weakens him. And he doesn't want to do it when he's in training, but he'll do it prior to going into training, and after the fight. Every major doctor will tell you that blood testing shows absolutely nothing.

Freddie Roach: For the record, Pacquiao (Remember, he said Pacquiao) is willing to have his blood drawn before he starts training and after the fight to be tested for steroids and performance enhancing drugs. It’s not like Pacquiao is saying no to drugs.


December 24:

Arum: This kid has a phobia for getting his blood drawn.

December 25:

Manny Pacquiao plans to sue Floyd Mayweather, the American's father and Golden Boy Promotions in the next few days following a row over doping procedures, the Filipino world champion said in a statement on Friday.

NYDailyNews. Tim Smith,

This isn't some issue that just came about. It has been a part of the contract negotiations for weeks. According to a source familiar with the talks, Pacquiao's representatives asked what penalties Pacquiao would face if he tested dirty, and also if a dirty test result could be kept secret so that the integrity of the fight wouldn't be ruined in the public eye.


December 26:

Manny Pacquiao: I have offered to give a blood sample the day of the announcement of the fight at the Press Release. I have offered to give a blood sample 30 days before the fight. I am willing to give blood immediately after the fight is over inside my dressing room. I am also willing to give urine tests at anytime any where everyday leading up to the fight. The truth is taking blood out of my body does not seem natural to me and mentally I feel it will weaken me if blood is taken from me just days before the fight.

December 28

Manny Pacquiao: I do not have anything to prove (to them) and hopefully, they would not succeed in destroying my image and the sport of boxing in the way they want it done. They want to dictate and step on the authority of the organizations including the Nevada State Athletic Commission. I am not guilty and I don’t have to prove anything because I have passed all tests in all my previous fights. I will all just see you in court.

December 30:

David Tyler interviews Freddie Roach.

Freddie Roach: HGH cannot be detected by blood, saliva, or urine. The doctors I've talked to said that HGH and any growth harmone cannot be detected by any test.

David Tyler: Fred, I have a graduate's degree in Biochemistry and 30 years experience in developing blood chemistry tests.....I'll leave it alone, let's move foward.

Freddie Roach: No wait, you can't tell me that there is a test that can detect HGH or growth harmones.

David Tyler: Fred, I'm not here to make you mad.

Freddie Roach: I'm not mad, I'm telling you that you are wrong if you think there is a test for HGH.

David Tyler: Ok Fred, so you are saying that HGH cannot be detected by a blood test?

Freddie Roach: Absolutely, 100%, NO! Saliva, blood, or urine.




Mayweather agreed to cut off testing 14 days before the fight and to have it administered by the Nevada Athletic Commission.

Bruce Binkow, the chief marketing officer of Golden Boy Promotions, on Dec. 30 offered a 14-day cutoff as a compromise via instant message to Top Rank president Todd duBoef, who replied on Dec. 31 that “14 is no good.”

Schaefer said he believes the fight can be salvaged over the weekend and the first step is making certain that Pacquiao is aware of Mayweather’s 14-day offer. “There are reports [on the Internet] that Manny is not aware of this and we want to make certain that he knows what Floyd has agreed to do,” Schaefer said.

However, Koncz said he was informed of the offer by promoter Bob Arum and that he brought it directly to Pacquiao, who would not even consider it. Koncz said Pacquiao was very firm in his decision.


“Bob called and told us about the 14 days and I brought that to Manny and he said, ‘I told you, we’re not agreeing to that,’ and that was pretty much it,” Koncz said.

Schaefer called Mayweather’s offer “a very fair, very reasonable compromise solution” and said Mayweather is still eager to fight Pacquiao on March 13. Both Schaefer and Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe have denied speaking to any potential other opponents, though Mayweather has been linked through numerous published reports with Paulie Malignaggi.

“We’ve focused solely on getting a fight done with Manny Pacquiao and that’s it,” Ellerbe said.

“Manny would be willing to fight Mayweather, but the tenor of negotiations would be a lot different in the future,” Koncz said. “Manny was very accommodating before, because he wanted to get this fight done and to satisfy the fans, who wanted it very much. Billing is important to Manny, but he gave that up to accommodate Mayweather’s ego because [Manny] wants to go out as the best fighter there ever was and, clearly, Mayweather is one of the best.

“But given what happened, Manny won’t make those concessions if they come back to us.”

Dr. Don H. Catlin, the head of the Los Angeles-based non-profit Anti-Doping Research, Inc., said a 24-day cutoff for blood testing is not sufficient to prevent abuse. One of the concerns with such a long blood-testing cutoff prior to the date of competition would be the potential use of Erythropoietin, or EPO.

But Catlin said that wouldn’t be the only concern if there were a 24-day cutoff imposed.

“If you have a 24-day window that’s free, with no testing, you can take whatever you want and you’re not going to get caught, end of story,” Catlin said. “[Urine testing] does matter, yes, but they’re not going to catch everything by urine testing alone. What you would do is to take Mircera [a type of EPO], which is available and which is not easy to detect in urine and away you go. You need a blood test.”

The Mayweather fight is the fight the world wants to see,” Roach said. “It’s going to be the biggest pay-per-view fight of all time. But I think we will fight one fight before that.”

Roach said that Pacquiao’s schedule will be constructed around his political ambitions and the elections in the Philippines on May 10. “But there is a March date for him to fight,” Roach said. “People think I am crazy but I want him to win his eighth title against Yuri Foreman at 154lb. That’s my idea — then fight Mayweather in September. And then retire.”

The way Roach sees it, there will be no further blemishes on Pacquiao’s record by the time he greets retirement, although he does concede that Mayweather will be “the hardest fight of his life”.


“Mayweather’s a very difficult fight for Manny,” he said. “It won’t be physically the hardest, but it will be the hardest fight of his life style-wise. Mayweather is talented and he’s good at defence. I have a very good game plan for him, but I’m sure a lot of other guys thought that along the way.

“We’ll have a ten-week training camp. We have to work on a lot of new moves, we have to improve in certain areas to win that fight.” And would he expect his man to win? “Oh yes. Without a doubt.”


"If they give me a 5-day window or something like that I have no problem with it," Roach said. "When they've drawn blood from Manny in the past he feels weaker for three or four days. It may be mental, but it's there."
Reply With Quote
Carpe Diem is offline
#6
Old 01-10-2010, 10:21 PM
2501
upinurgirlsguts
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Age: 33
Posts: 20,256
Rep Power: 62 2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,010,997,963.82
Bank: 15,592,564,757,762.20
Total Points: 15,593,575,755,726.03
keep fighting those huggers - mickey gomez &amp;quot;unlike floyd&amp;quot; was not a bad post for a marquez guy. lol beer on the pacnuthugger - Left Hook Tua Good poster. - Tek My Pounches you got jmm flaws down to the letter..... - Left Hook Tua I got my eye on you, sexy vato. - El Gallo Homo! 
You stay putting shit in proper perspective. - El Gallo Negro! Always right on the money homey - mangler Always keepin it real - mangler Cheers. I luv your threads homey - mangler Proper ownage of Floyd stans - WhoreUs 
cheers homey - MANGLER good poster - Mucus gangsta - Poor Lad 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Right Cross Ike 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
First of all I am a big fan of both fighters in Mayweather & Pacquiao. I have never blamed Pacquiao for using any type of PED's because I think he is clean, but the recent actions of Team Pacquiao have made things suspicious and I am now a bit confused about the whole situation. When Floyd Senior first accused Pacquiao of steroids, my obvious thought was he is a jealous bitter man (His fighter Hatton got owned by Pacquiao and he predicted Cotto would beat Pacquiao, yet he didn't give Pacquiao any credit once Pac beat Cotto) but since then Team Pacquiao has shot themselves in the foot and made people suspicious who didn't initially agree with Floyd Senior at all in the first place.


I never thought this fight wont happen over the drug testing issue as IMO the main things were Split, Location, Date & Gloves which were all agreed upon. Most of these demands from Team Pacquiao were accepted by Team Mayweather (Gloves, Date, Split, 10 million dollars per pound) yet the only demand Floyd had is go through the Olympic style drug testing for this bout which take blood tests of BOTH fighters which could make the sport clean, whats wrong with that if you have nothing to hide? Arthur Abraham also has that type of testing in his contract. Freddie Roach and Team Pacquiao had first agreed to the Olympic style drug testing and later backed out making claims that Pacquiao is supersticious, scared of needles (even though he has several tattoos) and it affects him mentally. Then they said as long as the test isn't taken between 3-5 days, then it shouldn't be a problem for Pacquiao because he will be fine mentally YET after a few days they changed their tune again and said there should be a 30 day gap before the blood test is taken. Kills the whole point doesn't it when it is supposed to be a random test?


What pissed me off was Bob Arum constantly lying to the media about the situation to make it seem as Floyd is the one who is trying to break this fight when he is the one who has showed he wants this fight more. During the mediation Pac's team says lets make it 24 days while Floyd's team makes a counter offer of 14 days (which Arum didn't care to mention, denied it before until he eventually admitted the offer was made) 14 is near the middle of the initial 30 day offer and it is fair considering the statement Freddie Roach made about the 3-5 day window. I mean why isn't Manny just taking the blood tests within 14 days and get a $40 million payday along with clearing his name? Floyd is willing to do the same and also willing to pay 10 million dollars if he comes over 147 lbs. Look I dont like what Floyd Sr. has started because it gives our sport a bad name if the best pound for pound fighter is being accused of PED's but the only reason it has gotten more attention is because of Pacquiao themselves. Many boxers and writers have started talked about this issue more since Pacquiao's refusal for the blood tests and the dumb statements made by his team which raised further questions.


I dont care about the article Tim smith posted (who is a very credible writer) or what Teddy Atlas said about Team Pacquiao asking for dirty results to be hidden because again it is an allegation WITHOUT proof but you guys should understand these people put their credibility on line when making such statements publicly. I understand most fight fans have a bias towards a certain fighter but SOME of the pacquiao fans are extremely ridiculous and would go to ANY extent to hate on a fighter in an obsessive manner. From signing e-petitions & asking sponsors to stop endorsing a fighter/ attempting to prevent him from making any money, what would you get out of trying to steal the bread and butter of a man who fights for a living? Now he is being accused of using a drug which is legal in the state he fights in, for which he has never tested positive for, wouldn't mind taking tests to prove himself (Unlike Pacquiao) and even if he uses it legally in Nevada, what reason could it be other than hand injuries? Its like comparing apple to oranges, no matter how some of you Pacquiao fans try to spin this, but denying to be blood tested for Steroids or PED's even when your getting a $40 million dollars is different to being tested for a painkiller which is legal in the state your fighting in and is allegedly used for Floyds brittle hands (Floyd hasn't refused to be tested for it)


Some of you Pacquiao fans take this way too personal and it seems like a fighter is more bigger to you than the sport itself.
can you post any official article where the Mayweather camp discloses what what conditions were agreed to and what they were?
Reply With Quote
2501 is offline
#7
Old 01-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Mike Hawk
Contender
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 415
Rep Power: 5 Mike Hawk has a reputation beyond reputeMike Hawk has a reputation beyond reputeMike Hawk has a reputation beyond reputeMike Hawk has a reputation beyond reputeMike Hawk has a reputation beyond reputeMike Hawk has a reputation beyond reputeMike Hawk has a reputation beyond reputeMike Hawk has a reputation beyond reputeMike Hawk has a reputation beyond reputeMike Hawk has a reputation beyond reputeMike Hawk has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 50,028,524.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,028,524.00
Default

both. i think there is a lot more flohoes than *******s though.
Reply With Quote
Mike Hawk is offline
#8
Old 01-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Mr. Chago
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 770
Rep Power: 0 Mr. Chago is infamous around these partsMr. Chago is infamous around these partsMr. Chago is infamous around these partsMr. Chago is infamous around these partsMr. Chago is infamous around these partsMr. Chago is infamous around these partsMr. Chago is infamous around these partsMr. Chago is infamous around these partsMr. Chago is infamous around these partsMr. Chago is infamous around these partsMr. Chago is infamous around these parts
Points: 27,008.75
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 27,008.75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
First of all I am a big fan of both fighters in Mayweather & Pacquiao. I have never blamed Pacquiao for using any type of PED's because I think he is clean, but the recent actions of Team Pacquiao have made things suspicious and I am now a bit confused about the whole situation. When Floyd Senior first accused Pacquiao of steroids, my obvious thought was he is a jealous bitter man (His fighter Hatton got owned by Pacquiao and he predicted Cotto would beat Pacquiao, yet he didn't give Pacquiao any credit once Pac beat Cotto) but since then Team Pacquiao has shot themselves in the foot and made people suspicious who didn't initially agree with Floyd Senior at all in the first place.


I never thought this fight wont happen over the drug testing issue as IMO the main things were Split, Location, Date & Gloves which were all agreed upon. Most of these demands from Team Pacquiao were accepted by Team Mayweather (Gloves, Date, Split, 10 million dollars per pound) yet the only demand Floyd had is go through the Olympic style drug testing for this bout which take blood tests of BOTH fighters which could make the sport clean, whats wrong with that if you have nothing to hide? Arthur Abraham also has that type of testing in his contract. Freddie Roach and Team Pacquiao had first agreed to the Olympic style drug testing and later backed out making claims that Pacquiao is supersticious, scared of needles (even though he has several tattoos) and it affects him mentally. Then they said as long as the test isn't taken between 3-5 days, then it shouldn't be a problem for Pacquiao because he will be fine mentally YET after a few days they changed their tune again and said there should be a 30 day gap before the blood test is taken. Kills the whole point doesn't it when it is supposed to be a random test?


What pissed me off was Bob Arum constantly lying to the media about the situation to make it seem as Floyd is the one who is trying to break this fight when he is the one who has showed he wants this fight more. During the mediation Pac's team says lets make it 24 days while Floyd's team makes a counter offer of 14 days (which Arum didn't care to mention, denied it before until he eventually admitted the offer was made) 14 is near the middle of the initial 30 day offer and it is fair considering the statement Freddie Roach made about the 3-5 day window. I mean why isn't Manny just taking the blood tests within 14 days and get a $40 million payday along with clearing his name? Floyd is willing to do the same and also willing to pay 10 million dollars if he comes over 147 lbs. Look I dont like what Floyd Sr. has started because it gives our sport a bad name if the best pound for pound fighter is being accused of PED's but the only reason it has gotten more attention is because of Pacquiao's TEAM. Many boxers and writers have started talked about this issue more since Pacquiao's refusal for the blood tests and the dumb statements made by his team which raised further questions.


I dont care about the article Tim smith posted (who is a very credible writer) or what Teddy Atlas said about Team Pacquiao asking for dirty results to be hidden because again it is an allegation WITHOUT proof but you guys should understand these people put their credibility on line when making such statements publicly. I understand most fight fans have a bias towards a certain fighter but SOME of the pacquiao fans are extremely ridiculous and would go to ANY extent to hate on a fighter in an obsessive manner. From signing e-petitions & asking sponsors to stop endorsing a fighter/ attempting to prevent him from making any money, what would you get out of trying to steal the bread and butter of a man who fights for a living? Now he is being accused of using a drug which is legal in the state he fights in, for which he has never tested positive for, wouldn't mind taking tests to prove himself (Unlike Pacquiao) and even if he uses it legally in Nevada, what reason could it be other than hand injuries? Its like comparing apple to oranges, no matter how some of you Pacquiao fans try to spin this, but denying to be blood tested for Steroids or PED's even when your getting a $40 million dollars is different to being tested for a painkiller which is legal in the state your fighting in and is allegedly used for Floyds brittle hands (Floyd hasn't refused to be tested for it)


Some of you Pacquiao fans take this way too personal and it seems like a fighter is more bigger to you than the sport itself.
You´re totally right, so right that all *******s only reasonable answer you will get is like ^^^^^^Shoguninja, no matter how you say it, that´s they´re most skilled level of thinking, like a 10 year old who is learning to curse....

This fight is not happening and it´s PAC´s fault, there are two options: Pac doesn´t want to get schooled and is ducking or he´s cheating with steroids and doesn´t want to get caught! PERIOD

If not, *******S tell your ¨hero of asia¨ to step up and sign something between 14 and 24 days!
Reply With Quote
Mr. Chago is offline
#9
Old 01-10-2010, 10:24 PM
civicvx
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,597
Rep Power: 0 civicvx has a reputation beyond reputecivicvx has a reputation beyond reputecivicvx has a reputation beyond reputecivicvx has a reputation beyond reputecivicvx has a reputation beyond reputecivicvx has a reputation beyond reputecivicvx has a reputation beyond reputecivicvx has a reputation beyond reputecivicvx has a reputation beyond reputecivicvx has a reputation beyond reputecivicvx has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 96,693.54
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 96,693.54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
First of all I am a big fan of both fighters in Mayweather & Pacquiao. I have never blamed Pacquiao for using any type of PED's because I think he is clean, but the recent actions of Team Pacquiao have made things suspicious and I am now a bit confused about the whole situation. When Floyd Senior first accused Pacquiao of steroids, my obvious thought was he is a jealous bitter man (His fighter Hatton got owned by Pacquiao and he predicted Cotto would beat Pacquiao, yet he didn't give Pacquiao any credit once Pac beat Cotto) but since then Team Pacquiao has shot themselves in the foot and made people suspicious who didn't initially agree with Floyd Senior at all in the first place.


I never thought this fight wont happen over the drug testing issue as IMO the main things were Split, Location, Date & Gloves which were all agreed upon. Most of these demands from Team Pacquiao were accepted by Team Mayweather (Gloves, Date, Split, 10 million dollars per pound) yet the only demand Floyd had is go through the Olympic style drug testing for this bout which take blood tests of BOTH fighters which could make the sport clean, whats wrong with that if you have nothing to hide? Arthur Abraham also has that type of testing in his contract. Freddie Roach and Team Pacquiao had first agreed to the Olympic style drug testing and later backed out making claims that Pacquiao is supersticious, scared of needles (even though he has several tattoos) and it affects him mentally. Then they said as long as the test isn't taken between 3-5 days, then it shouldn't be a problem for Pacquiao because he will be fine mentally YET after a few days they changed their tune again and said there should be a 30 day gap before the blood test is taken. Kills the whole point doesn't it when it is supposed to be a random test?


What pissed me off was Bob Arum constantly lying to the media about the situation to make it seem as Floyd is the one who is trying to break this fight when he is the one who has showed he wants this fight more. During the mediation Pac's team says lets make it 24 days while Floyd's team makes a counter offer of 14 days (which Arum didn't care to mention, denied it before until he eventually admitted the offer was made) 14 is near the middle of the initial 30 day offer and it is fair considering the statement Freddie Roach made about the 3-5 day window. I mean why isn't Manny just taking the blood tests within 14 days and get a $40 million payday along with clearing his name? Floyd is willing to do the same and also willing to pay 10 million dollars if he comes over 147 lbs. Look I dont like what Floyd Sr. has started because it gives our sport a bad name if the best pound for pound fighter is being accused of PED's but the only reason it has gotten more attention is because of Pacquiao's TEAM. Many boxers and writers have started talked about this issue more since Pacquiao's refusal for the blood tests and the dumb statements made by his team which raised further questions.


I dont care about the article Tim smith posted (who is a very credible writer) or what Teddy Atlas said about Team Pacquiao asking for dirty results to be hidden because again it is an allegation WITHOUT proof but you guys should understand these people put their credibility on line when making such statements publicly. I understand most fight fans have a bias towards a certain fighter but SOME of the pacquiao fans are extremely ridiculous and would go to ANY extent to hate on a fighter in an obsessive manner. From signing e-petitions & asking sponsors to stop endorsing a fighter/ attempting to prevent him from making any money, what would you get out of trying to steal the bread and butter of a man who fights for a living? Now he is being accused of using a drug which is legal in the state he fights in, for which he has never tested positive for, wouldn't mind taking tests to prove himself (Unlike Pacquiao) and even if he uses it legally in Nevada, what reason could it be other than hand injuries? Its like comparing apple to oranges, no matter how some of you Pacquiao fans try to spin this, but denying to be blood tested for Steroids or PED's even when your getting a $40 million dollars is different to being tested for a painkiller which is legal in the state your fighting in and is allegedly used for Floyds brittle hands (Floyd hasn't refused to be tested for it)


Some of you Pacquiao fans take this way too personal and it seems like a fighter is more bigger to you than the sport itself.
I can't believe the bike is red.
Reply With Quote
civicvx is offline
#10
Old 01-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Parody
Oldschool
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Age: 30
Posts: 14,056
Rep Power: 519 Parody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond reputeParody has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,121,036.62
Bank: 146,733,059.01
Total Points: 147,854,095.63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
The key word here is "some". Not all, but "some".

I used to be a fan of Mayweather too. Until he chose to become the villain.
Exactly, I respect both fighters and they are my top 2 favourite fighters, but there are some sensible pacquiao fans and some terrible ones, same goes for some Floyd fans, some are OK, some are NOT. But the point is I havent seen the "worst" fans of any fighter taking this too personally. I mean signing a petition? Come on...Atleast the worst of Floyd fans or "worst" of most fanbases of boxers keep it boxing related.
Reply With Quote
Parody is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
extremely, fans, pacquiao, ridiculous.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.