Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-31-2009, 02:53 AM
renren40
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 renren40 has a reputation beyond reputerenren40 has a reputation beyond reputerenren40 has a reputation beyond reputerenren40 has a reputation beyond reputerenren40 has a reputation beyond reputerenren40 has a reputation beyond reputerenren40 has a reputation beyond reputerenren40 has a reputation beyond reputerenren40 has a reputation beyond reputerenren40 has a reputation beyond reputerenren40 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,058.01
Total Points: 69,630.06
Default Sports Illustrated Reveals Facts Only About Lawsuit On Mayweather and GBP

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Manny Pacquiao upped the ante Wednesday in his standoff with Floyd Mayweather Jr. by filing a lawsuit alleging that Mayweather and others defamed him by falsely accusing Pacquiao of using performance-enhancing drugs.

The suit filed in federal court in Las Vegas further complicates efforts to reach an agreement for a proposed March 13 fight between the two boxers. The fight has been stalled by demands by the Mayweather camp that both fighters submit to random blood and urine tests leading up to the bout.

Pacquiao claimed in the suit that he has never tested positive for any performance-enhancing drugs, but that Mayweather, his father and uncle, Oscar De La Hoya and Golden Boy Promotions chief Richard Schaefer embarked on a campaign to make people think he used drugs.

"The truth did not stop Mayweather and the others," the suit contends. "That is because they are motivated by ill will, spite, malice, revenge and envy."

Pacquiao's attorney, Dan Petrocelli, said his client could be out millions of dollars if boxing fans believe he used steroids or human growth hormone to win titles in seven weight classes.

"The damage to his reputation and lost business opportunities could be in the tens of millions of dollars," Petrocelli said.

The suit cites various interviews done by the defendants in which they intimated that Pacquiao's strength and power did not all come naturally. Among the interviews cited was an October radio interview in which Mayweather Jr. allegedly said Pacquiao's physique was different "cause we know the Philippines got the best enhancing drugs."

Schaefer said the suit came as no surprise since Pacquiao had threatened it earlier in the week. He said his attorneys would respond to it, even as talks continue for the fight.

"I'm hearing these talks are being productive," Schaefer said. "Hopefully we will know something in the next couple of days."

Mayweather and Pacquiao had been expected to meet in what promises to be the richest fight ever after they reached agreement over everything from the size of their purses to the make of their gloves for the welterweight megafight. But a demand by Mayweather's camp for both fighters to be subjected to Olympic-style blood testing has stood in the way of a final agreement for the bout.

Talks over the last few days have centered on finding agreement on a date to stop blood testing before the fight, since Pacquiao believes that giving blood may weaken him, at least psychologically.

The lawsuit may not stand in the way of an agreement, but it adds to the increasing rancor between the two camps. In the suit, Pacquiao claims that comments by Mayweather, his father, Floyd Sr., and trainer, Roger Mayweather, were part of a defamation campaign against him.

"Mayweather Jr. and the others set out on a course designed to destroy Pacquiao's career, reputation, honor and legacy and jeopardize his ability to earn the highest levels of compensation," the suit contends.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz0bFbQHajl
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-31-2009, 02:59 AM
Cash Cow
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Cash Cow has a spectacular aura aboutCash Cow has a spectacular aura aboutCash Cow has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 57,870,692.36
Total Points: 58,318,891.18
some green K later for hard work - HaglerSteelChin Green :) - dancovboxer 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr449 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by renren40 View Post
lol@ this lawsuit....
Old 12-31-2009, 03:05 AM
The Stone Roses
Banned

Rep Power: 0 The Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 98,240.56
Total Points: 131,017.93

what a stupid lawsuit....is RA the Rugged Man going to be a witness???
Old 12-31-2009, 04:18 AM
Ben d great
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 Ben d great has a reputation beyond reputeBen d great has a reputation beyond reputeBen d great has a reputation beyond reputeBen d great has a reputation beyond reputeBen d great has a reputation beyond reputeBen d great has a reputation beyond reputeBen d great has a reputation beyond reputeBen d great has a reputation beyond reputeBen d great has a reputation beyond reputeBen d great has a reputation beyond reputeBen d great has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,277.53
Default What now Mayweathers and et. al

What now? To Floyd sr. the roots on all of this.
What now? To Floyd Jr And the team
What now? To all diehard fans of Floyd Jr.

It is not easy to accuse without proof, If you base on the performance look deeply how this man doing it from the very beginning. Dont base on jealousy that somebody could level your ability or above your ability. Shame on you all
Old 12-31-2009, 04:19 AM
Hannibal Barca
Hand of the Gods

Rep Power: 10 Hannibal Barca has a reputation beyond reputeHannibal Barca has a reputation beyond reputeHannibal Barca has a reputation beyond reputeHannibal Barca has a reputation beyond reputeHannibal Barca has a reputation beyond reputeHannibal Barca has a reputation beyond reputeHannibal Barca has a reputation beyond reputeHannibal Barca has a reputation beyond reputeHannibal Barca has a reputation beyond reputeHannibal Barca has a reputation beyond reputeHannibal Barca has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 251,492.92
Underrated Poster - Stone Roses! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben d great View Post
What now? To Floyd sr. the roots on all of this.
What now? To Floyd Jr And the team
What now? To all diehard fans of Floyd Jr.

It is not easy to accuse without proof, If you base on the performance look deeply how this man doing it from the very beginning. Dont base on jealousy that somebody could level your ability or above your ability. Shame on you all
You dudes are a riot.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:24 AM
cherokee
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 cherokee is just really nicecherokee is just really nicecherokee is just really nicecherokee is just really nicecherokee is just really nice
Total Points: 30,668.67
Keep pissing on the Flomo's. - S a m u r a i 

this is only stupid to the *****s whose idol does not have any reputation to protect to begin with

i know 99% of filipinos are behind pacquiao and are offended by these accusations so to them this is not a joke

i am a pac fan and having to read manny's name in the same sentence with steroids is not nice considering he was never associated with roids before.

so as an admirer of manny's great work inside the ring, this is no joke for me either...
Old 12-31-2009, 04:32 AM
Pullcounter
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,376,736.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 

I hope Pac destroys all these liars in court. they deserve it for ruining the greatest fight in 50 years.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:36 AM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 59 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 174,343,833,839,078.28
Total Points: 174,343,833,934,807.88
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

LOL, The more i read about these lawsuit from Pacqauio the more i laugh, Am glad they sue and if they win a penny i would leave Boxingscene forever.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:38 AM
southcentralcar
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 southcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these partssouthcentralcar is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 76,982.25
SUPER ZAB JUDAH! - Big Smoke 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - Tha_Greatest 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullcounter View Post
I hope Pac destroys all these liars in court. they deserve it for ruining the greatest fight in 50 years.
team Pac is destroying the fight too. if you blame one side you're just a hater
Old 12-31-2009, 04:56 AM
Pullcounter
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,376,736.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 

how is pac destroying the fight? when did pac accuse floyd of PEDs?

everything else was just negotiation tactics and such... the PED talk is slander and libel. it hurts the fight and it hurts boxing