Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-18-2009, 10:41 AM
mockingbird
Contender

Rep Power: 7 mockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond reputemockingbird has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,295.25

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stone Roses View Post
Mayweather is the best pot shotter in boxing today...he owned Oscar with it, he owned Hatton with it, he embarrassed Marquez with it....how the **** can pacquiao stop it??? imo he can't...Pacmans footwork doesn't mean **** against Mayweather because most of pacquiao's opponents stood right in front of him and traded, Cotto, morales, barrera, hatton....the only reason pacquiao was able to get different angles was because his opponents stood in front of him

...Mayweather will be circling and pot shotting, how can you get different angles when the guy is gonna be running??? people keep talking about how pacquiao's volume of punches will win the fight....wtf...you think mayweather will just lay on the ropes and let pacquiao pick him off with flurries??? ****ing stupid....re watch the Hatton fight....everytime Hatton tried to throw volume punches Mayweather tied him up....

I will bump this thread March 13 to prove i have the highest Boxing IQ on this site
you think may can run all night long avoiding all of pacs power flurries?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-18-2009, 11:18 AM
The Stone Roses
Banned

Rep Power: 0 The Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond reputeThe Stone Roses has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 98,240.56
Total Points: 131,810.93

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingbird View Post
you think may can run all night long avoiding all of pacs power flurries?
yes.................
Old 12-18-2009, 11:48 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 118 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,237,848,991,414.04
Total Points: 3,514,849,316,536.98
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznutz27 View Post
I think this will be the toughest part of the fight for manny. when cotto hopped on his bike and pop shoted, manny got pissed and was getin tagged all over. If floyd uses this strategy it could be a blow out. either way im going to bet on the underdog in this fight.
What were you watching in the Pac-Cotto fight? Cotto was still getting his ass kicked when he started running, Pac's only frustration was that the ref wasn't stepping in as Cotto had clearly had enough for the night by the 9th, let alone the 12th when it was finally stopped.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:50 AM
boxasmash
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 boxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 46,722,241.03
Total Points: 47,113,044.33
UR 1st Superman - BoxingChaos 

Maybe, but it's possible to outwork him so much you win the rounds anyway. Can Mayweather pot shot off the ground?
Old 12-18-2009, 12:01 PM
MrHotsauce84
Up and Comer

Total Points: 2,990.58

impossible to stop? we will have to wait and see. pac has all the good assets of all the boxers that gave floyd trouble and pac packs more power and speed and agility. floyd has all the good assets of the boxers that gave pac trouble. But I dont think floyd can knock paac out let alone hurt pac much. and speed wise I think floyd is a lil slower now in the welterweights. It will come down to skills, who has more heart and who wants it more. Floyd is fighting for money/fame. Pac is doing it for pursuit, and his country. I feel pac will get the win.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:03 PM
deeznutz27
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 deeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,801.11

Quote:
What were you watching in the Pac-Cotto fight? Cotto was still getting his ass kicked when he started running, Pac's only frustration was that the ref wasn't stepping in as Cotto had clearly had enough for the night by the 9th, let alone the 12th when it was finally stopped.
yeah the fight had no reason to be after the eighth thats for sure. All I meant was when cotto would land one hard shot and move away, pacquio didnt know what to do. he stood in the middle of the ring and banged his hands together in frustration. I know cotto only did this for maybe 2 minutes and in no way did i think he had a chance. He did have some success with that style and thats what floyd is best at.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:08 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 118 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,237,848,991,414.04
Total Points: 3,514,849,316,536.98
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznutz27 View Post
yeah the fight had no reason to be after the eighth thats for sure. All I meant was when cotto would land one hard shot and move away, pacquio didnt know what to do. he stood in the middle of the ring and banged his hands together in frustration. I know cotto only did this for maybe 2 minutes and in no way did i think he had a chance. He did have some success with that style and thats what floyd is best at.
I don't think it was Pac not knowing what to do, it's just that he turned it down a notch expecting the fight to be stopped. He was still plenty able to get Cotto in a corner or against the ropes and pound away when he wanted. Floyd will definitely have success making Pac chase him, but I wouldn't use what little of it Cotto did as any gauge of Pac's ability to chase someone fighting that way.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:16 PM
deeznutz27
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 deeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these partsdeeznutz27 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,801.11

Quote:
I don't think it was Pac not knowing what to do, it's just that he turned it down a notch expecting the fight to be stopped. He was still plenty able to get Cotto in a corner or against the ropes and pound away when he wanted. Floyd will definitely have success making Pac chase him, but I wouldn't use what little of it Cotto did as any gauge of Pac's ability to chase someone fighting that way.
fair enough. I do think he let off the gas after the eighth.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:36 PM
isidius
Contender

Rep Power: 0 isidius is infamous around these partsisidius is infamous around these partsisidius is infamous around these partsisidius is infamous around these partsisidius is infamous around these partsisidius is infamous around these partsisidius is infamous around these partsisidius is infamous around these partsisidius is infamous around these partsisidius is infamous around these partsisidius is infamous around these parts
Bank: 37,570,527.61
Total Points: 37,575,196.70

Quote:
Mayweather is the best pot shotter in boxing today...he owned Oscar with it, he owned Hatton with it, he embarrassed Marquez with it....how the **** can pacquiao stop it??? imo he can't...Pacmans footwork doesn't mean **** against Mayweather because most of pacquiao's opponents stood right in front of him and traded, Cotto, morales, barrera, hatton....the only reason pacquiao was able to get different angles was because his opponents stood in front of him

...Mayweather will be circling and pot shotting, how can you get different angles when the guy is gonna be running??? people keep talking about how pacquiao's volume of punches will win the fight....wtf...you think mayweather will just lay on the ropes and let pacquiao pick him off with flurries??? ****ing stupid....re watch the Hatton fight....everytime Hatton tried to throw volume punches Mayweather tied him up....

I will bump this thread March 13 to prove i have the highest Boxing IQ on this site
TS Is a tool, bookmarked just for fun and see if he'll reply or disappear like the other trolls around NSB...
Old 12-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Foodie One
Banned

Location: Laoag City, Ilocos Norte, San Jose, Los Altos Hills, California
Rep Power: 0 Foodie One has a reputation beyond reputeFoodie One has a reputation beyond reputeFoodie One has a reputation beyond reputeFoodie One has a reputation beyond reputeFoodie One has a reputation beyond reputeFoodie One has a reputation beyond reputeFoodie One has a reputation beyond reputeFoodie One has a reputation beyond reputeFoodie One has a reputation beyond reputeFoodie One has a reputation beyond reputeFoodie One has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,192,595.36
Total Points: 7,410,733.29
JAT hehehe - Chale Tamale A big platano from Dominicano. Love ya - El Dominicano Just like High School - WithAuthority World's Most Famous Ana Julaton... - FasTHarD for being smart and pretty - Real Mac Daddy 
Use this until your married, Lady Fan - GMitchell Respect ! - gerardofpr much love to ya, my gurl. Respect! - gerardofpr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - alza1988 

Quote:

Impossible? No, nothing is impossible. It seems that you are thinking that the Pacman will attack Mayweather as Ricky Hatton did in that fight. Wrong! Team Pacquiao is studying all of Pretty Boy's tactics, traps, etc., etc. and will have counter-measures against them. You're fooling yourself into thinking that the Pacman is your ordinary fighter who doesn't have a clue. The Mayweather style is the toughest Manny has ever faced and will present some difficult challenges for him but as with the Cotto fight, I see the Pacman "Breaking Down" Floyd slowly but surely and I won't even be surprised to see Mayweather caught with one of the Pacman's "Bone-Shuddering" left hooks to his jaw. In actuality, I'd like to see this fight go the distance. I don't like short fights ala Pacquiao vs. Hatton. JAT