Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-16-2009, 05:30 AM
Pretty Boy32
TBE

Rep Power: 161 Pretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 353,838,151,185,094,082,560.00
Total Points: 353,838,158,891,394,269,184.00
No Message - Pretty Boy32 Thank You! - RandyMarsh No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N 
No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N 
No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N 
No Message - R E A S O N Fattin up your gifts Fam - The Gully Gad No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy holiday f@g! - led* 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Grand Champ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Schism Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Kevin Jesus Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - killakali 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Artur Kyshenko Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 Autism - D.I.E.S.E.L 
Default What happens when the heavyweight division is in crisis due to a lack of competition?

BY: Vitali Shaposhnikov

Something along the lines of Klitschko vs. Johnson this past Saturday in Switzerland. We had the dominating champion Vitali Klitschko fighting the best available challenger Kevin Johnson. The result: 298 landed punches by Klitschko, versus 65 landed by Johnson. Vitali connected with 141 power punches, and Kevin barely got to 5. What does this say about the fight and the heavyweight division in boxing?

First of all, letís get something straight: this was not a competitive fight, and it was never meant to be. Donít get me wrong, I am all for giving the underdogs a shot, but when they get that shot without deserving it first, the division gets blurry. Not only was Johnson unable to counter or do anything of value in the fight, he didnít seem to attempt to throw a punch. While Klitschko was throwing and landing, Kevin was smiling, showing off, and trying to block.

I am glad Vitali won, but this was not a win that added anything to his career or social standing in boxing. It was barely a sparring session for Vitali, and he left the fight with nothing but a minor workout behind him. Johnson, I would think, lost everything. He showed no heart, fire to fight, or skill for that matter. There is nothing good ahead in his boxing future.

There is one more hope for a good Klitschko fight, and that is David Haye. While I donít think he will be able to beat either of the brothers, I do think that he will put up a decent fight, and make them work for the win.

Now on to more important things: the heavyweight division. Thinking back some years, I get jealous of all those older boxing fans that had the opportunity to witness the heavyweight greats such as Ali, Frazier, Tyson, Holyfield etc. Nowadays, heavyweights prove to be nothing but heavy in weight. Sure I think the Klitschkos are great fighters, if not superb, but maybe this is an illusion. I cannot remember the last time I have seen a good competitive heavyweight bout, showcasing great skills and heart. The division is sinking, and there doesnít look to be anything out there to help it stay afloat. There arenít any promising fighters out there, who make the headline news and spark a fire of interest in the boxing community. Hopefully, some fighters will come along, knock a few guys out, and help the supposedly most exciting boxing division come back into life.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-16-2009, 05:53 AM
Spray_resistant
Probably Top 10 In my Era

Rep Power: 107 Spray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,454,867,006.30
Total Points: 6,030,611,442,376.67
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest for you and vanity to use - Hi-Dro 
Whoreville Appreciation Award - Jack Napier for a friend - xi! one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays to you are your gorgeous missus. x x x - *Boss Lady* Happy New Year - Freedom. 
No Message - Tha_Greatest Blue parallelogram 4 u sir - Russian Crushin Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy holidays bro! - led* valuable addition to the training forum - jas 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Send a message via AIM to Spray_resistant

Let me ask you this, if the K-bros were never around would the HW scene seem so bad? or would everyone be talking about the talent pool at HW and all of the competitive fights with all of the other fighters at HW? Is the problem just that they are too good for any of the current HWs to challenge?
Old 12-16-2009, 06:35 AM
musiol
Interim Champion

Bank: 18,060.61
Total Points: 51,195.02

you give holyfield a shot atleast the guy tries haha
Old 12-16-2009, 07:20 AM
hammerhiem
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 hammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond reputehammerhiem has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 39,519.86
Top guy. - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spray_resistant View Post
Let me ask you this, if the K-bros were never around would the HW scene seem so bad? or would everyone be talking about the talent pool at HW and all of the competitive fights with all of the other fighters at HW? Is the problem just that they are too good for any of the current HWs to challenge?
Yes! for the love of god people tried to big up fattyola and he utterly rubbish, seriously he wouldn't be top 20 in the 90's much less the 80's or top 50 in the 70's.

When Holyfield and Toney are considered legitimate challengers and a Journeyman like Ruiz is top 10 and fighting for a title next year you know that the crappiness of teh HW division is not because of teh K Bro's they would be top 10 HW in any era.

but the only other Talented fighter in the division is Haye and he's a blown up cruiser able to fight there because you have people like Ruiz and Valuev in the top 10.