Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > The Limey Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: Who do UK fight fans want to see Floyd Mayweather fight at Wembly Stadium?
Amir Khan 1 20.00%
Kell Brook 0 0%
Brian Rose 1 20.00%
Manny Pacquiao 3 60.00%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2013, 04:24 PM
tacoboxer
Contender

Rep Power: 0 tacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 45,000,075,783.32
Default Really?.... does Floyd Mayweather Jr have a following in the UK?

"Mayweather eyes U.K. fight

April, 30, 2013 10:32 AM ET

By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

Pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. has never boxed outside of the United States as a professional and has not fought outside of Las Vegas since a 2005 fight against Sharmba Mitchell, which took place in Portland, Ore. That’s eight consecutive fights in Sin City.

Yet Mayweather...... has often mentioned the possibility of going on the road, specifically to the United Kingdom, at some point before his career is over.

Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather’s adviser, reiterated that prospect, saying that Mayweather hopes to fight there at some point in the next 18 months.

“Floyd cannot wait until we can come over there and give the U.K. fans a big, big fight,” Ellerbe said. “Floyd has a tremendous fan base in the U.K. and we're looking at working on something now where he's going to come over there. Ever since the Ricky Hatton fight back in 2007, U.K. fans have been very loyal to Floyd and he definitely acknowledges that and he wants to bring a big, big event to the U.K.

“There's definitely a very strong possibility that Floyd will fight in the U.K. We'll see how this thing plays out. His focus is Saturday night and then we'll go from there. But we're definitely going to bring a big, big event to the U.K.”

I will, of course, believe it when I see it. The “Money” man loves Las Vegas, which is where he also lives and trains. I’d say there’s at least a remote chance of it happening.

Fighting overseas is complicated because of the need to time the main event to United States primetime for pay-per-view purposes, but you never know.

If Mayweather did take his game to the U.K., it would not surprise me at all if he faced England’s Amir Khan, a former unified junior welterweight titlist. Khan tested the welterweight waters on Saturday night, struggling to a 12-round decision win against Julio Diaz in a fight with a contract weight of 143 pounds. But if Mayweather did pick him to fight, it would probably be an easy deal to make because Khan is with Golden Boy Promotions, the company that will be promoting Mayweather’s seventh consecutive fight on Saturday night".

Last edited by tacoboxer; 05-15-2013 at 04:47 PM..
Old 05-15-2013, 04:41 PM
tacoboxer
Contender

Rep Power: 0 tacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these partstacoboxer is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 45,000,075,783.32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoboxer View Post
"Mayweather eyes U.K. fight.....
I'm curious to hear from the UK Fight Fans.... what kind of following does FMJ have in the UK?

Does he really have a big enough following to sell-out Wembley Stadium?

If so, what kind of opponent would it take to make this fight in the next 18 months?

What I am looking for is the level of interest in seeing a FMJ fight in the UK...

Who would the opponent need to be for you to buy a ticket and see the fight live?

What kind of opponent would he need to face to create the type of "buzz" needed to sell a super-fight?
Old 06-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Los Zetas
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Los Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1.29
Total Points: 27,842,483,093.28
another sh*t poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA My brother from another mother - Alx. I don't like eating cake alone Here's a piece - jose830 let's drink to that cunt! - led* cheers to my fellow cunt - HUGH JASS 
For your contribution to my thread - Weltschmerz In recognition of a good deed! 1/13/14 =] - Tyler_Durden I appreciate that :fing02: - -jose- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - lparm 

He doesn't have a huge following at all. However if he came, every person who boxes, trains etc... would show up. Our celebs who know boxing would too.

If he went to a gym near me, I would definitely try and see him.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:33 AM
DosRounds
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 DosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,481,816,392,842.21
Total Points: 9,491,816,461,742.60
favorite boxer Tito Trinidad :fing02: una medalla fría para ti :beerchug: - jose830 victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS happy birthday - -jose- A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 To a great poster. ¡En DosRounds! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoboxer View Post
I'm curious to hear from the UK Fight Fans.... what kind of following does FMJ have in the UK?

Does he really have a big enough following to sell-out Wembley Stadium?

If so, what kind of opponent would it take to make this fight in the next 18 months?

What I am looking for is the level of interest in seeing a FMJ fight in the UK...

Who would the opponent need to be for you to buy a ticket and see the fight live?

What kind of opponent would he need to face to create the type of "buzz" needed to sell a super-fight?
All of my friends that box love and will definitely go to the fight. All of them love him and think he's untouchable.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:28 AM
soul_survivor
LOL @ Ali-Holmes

Rep Power: 12 soul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 58,110,555,848,430.31
Sandiest vagina on Boxing Scene - Pigeons Knows his boxing - jas 

boxing fans know him, boxers know him but he isn't a star to the general public.

Only two american fighters hold that honour, Ali and Tyson.