Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 12-09-2011, 01:30 PM
cotto#1p4p
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 cotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,170,809.06

Grant Pro Sparring Gloves, can they be used for bag work and regular training?

I've read some people say they may ruin the padding but I've seen Mayweather and Lamont Peterson using this gloves for pad work and heavy bag. I'm looking at them since I've read they offer great hand protection and are much cheaper than the Winning brand.

Thoughts?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Bullrush
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 Bullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,376,489,420.31
Total Points: 4,456,544,279.55

yes they can be used for anything. theyre extremely durable. a lot of pro boxers use them on the bag as well as sparring. like shane mosley or antonio tarver or felix sturm. and a lot of other guys...
Old 12-09-2011, 04:03 PM
ChampBox@PR
Team Cotto

Rep Power: 21 ChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 514,414,442,399.23
Total Points: 527,454,407,950.88
medal for champ - Sh!thead You could do with a gift laddo - rorymac always a good poster and a character! - jreckoning For forgetting about you. Friends? :D - TintaBoricua Cotto-Martinez: good post! War Cotto!!! - jose830 
Guerra Cotto...PRPP..Tu Sabe.. - PRPOWERPUNCHES 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotto#1p4p View Post

I've read some people say they may ruin the padding but I've seen Mayweather and Lamont Peterson using this gloves for pad work and heavy bag. I'm looking at them since I've read they offer great hand protection and are much cheaper than the Winning brand.

Thoughts?
Like Ive told everyone, get the IMF tech from ringside, great gloves and cheap!!!
Old 12-09-2011, 04:55 PM
cotto#1p4p
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 cotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
Like Ive told everyone, get the IMF tech from ringside, great gloves and cheap!!!
I've had thoughts of buying them but I've read reviews of the stitching of the gloves breaking apart and I have a guy at my gym that owned a pair and the stitching also broke so I'm having my doubts.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:57 AM
510hustler
Contender

Rep Power: 5 510hustler has much to be proud of510hustler has much to be proud of510hustler has much to be proud of510hustler has much to be proud of510hustler has much to be proud of510hustler has much to be proud of510hustler has much to be proud of510hustler has much to be proud of510hustler has much to be proud of
Total Points: 5,030,666.07

Quote:

Thoughts?
They're probably doing it to simulate the actual fight conditions. Plus they probably don't mind messing them up. They can afford to replace them or get them at no cost for their endorsement.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:38 PM
cotto#1p4p
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Any thoughts on the "Pro" brand heavy bags....I've recently seen vids of Pac and Ortiz hitting those heavy bags for some of their latest fights.

Anyone has ever had a few rounds on those bags, are they easier on your hands, what's the hype on them?
Anyone has hit one of this? Are they softer on your hands?
Old 12-12-2011, 04:52 AM
Josh_Shing
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 4 Josh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,005,253.50

Hey anybody tried the Title pro super bag gloves? I've been looking around for new bag gloves since mine are starting to wear down. I've heard of the IMF tech gloves but also read from somewhere that their quality has gone down since they're being made in Pakistan now, apparently. The fighting sports tri-tech gloves seem nice, but they're about $100 last i heard. The title bag gloves I've been lookin at for a while are about $40 right now. I've heard some good things from other customers, but there is really not much info on it, which makes me skeptical. The price is enticing though.

http://store.titleboxing.com/psbg.html

There's the link to the gloves. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:06 PM
cotto#1p4p
Undisputed Champion

My Everlast bag gloves are all broken down after 1 year and 2 months of constant training(don't buy Everlast's cheap products) and my Fighting Sports white 12 oz gloves look cool and everyone at the gym loves how they look but the padding is not that great. So I was in a lookout for new gloves, I'll use the Fighting Sports gloves but only once a week to rest my hands.

I emailed Grant Boxing and the price for a pair of 12 oz custom training gloves was 375+ shipping They cost much more than a pair of Winning gloves which are the top of the line in terms of gloves. Probably it was because of the custom colors.

So I did a bit of research and ended up buying 12 oz Rival Elite Red Bag Gloves for $89 on ebay. Reviews say they offer great hand protection and they feel great when hitting the bag, aside from the fact that they look great:

Rival Elite

Last edited by cotto#1p4p; 12-13-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:29 AM
Josh_Shing
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 4 Josh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond reputeJosh_Shing has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,005,253.50

What do you guys think of the Lonsdale Elite Molded foam bag gloves? They seem a little under the radar but so far I've heard pretty good things about them. Although I've heard things like bad stitching quality (it is $60 though), I've also heard good reviews about them having good knuckle protection and comfort, which is exactly what i'm looking for.

Any opinions?
Old 12-15-2011, 03:18 PM
'Sugar' Freddi
S.O.G

Rep Power: 42 'Sugar' Freddi has a reputation beyond repute'Sugar' Freddi has a reputation beyond repute'Sugar' Freddi has a reputation beyond repute'Sugar' Freddi has a reputation beyond repute'Sugar' Freddi has a reputation beyond repute'Sugar' Freddi has a reputation beyond repute'Sugar' Freddi has a reputation beyond repute'Sugar' Freddi has a reputation beyond repute'Sugar' Freddi has a reputation beyond repute'Sugar' Freddi has a reputation beyond repute'Sugar' Freddi has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,996,274,823,728.14
Total Points: 3,996,275,007,925.62
No Message - Alacrity No Message - Alacrity No Message - Alacrity Good man! - jazluvr happy one year! - led 
To a homie. - Big Smoke No Message - -EAGLE- No Message - -EAGLE- Congrats on 8k posts &amp;amp; Happy New Year! - jazluvr All Time Great - Barnburner 
Thanks - Cleto_Reyes thanks for the points man. - Round 1 gift giving time to friends - serv Have a cold one. - danny711 thanx bro - vcvc 
May your luck be better next time. - bearman3000 Out of green bro, great upload. - dancovboxer Happy New Year - Freedom. thanks bro... - lxs Thanks for the points - jaded 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Autism - cleaner147 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S A M U R A I Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S A M U R A I Childhood Cancer - S A M U R A I 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S A M U R A I Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S A M U R A I Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S A M U R A I Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S A M U R A I Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - S A M U R A I 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - MANGLER Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MANGLER Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - MANGLER Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - c l e a n e r 
Hepatitis C - c l e a n e r World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - c l e a n e r Head and Neck Cancer - c l e a n e r Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - c l e a n e r Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Mara 

Would anyone suggest white gloves? Do they get dirty quickly?