Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 08-03-2014, 03:03 AM
J.Dempsey
Boards...don't hit back!

Rep Power: 8 J.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Dempsey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,884,003,881,131.80
Total Points: 11,884,003,896,339.59
Default how much do you pay to train each month?

hi guys, I've moved house and joining the local gym. It's a lot more expensive than I used to pay. But also is a lot more spacious, better equipment etc.
Thing is, it's £125 the first month, then £50 every month thereafter. Where I used to train you'd just turn up and pay £5 each time. There's no other local gyms that will except me for casual training (being over 30) and to be honest I love the boxing/training, that it's worth it for me, even at this price. I wanted to get an idea of how much £/$ is your training/boxing 'worth' to you.

How much do you currently pay for your training pcm? (£ and $ and whatever your currency)
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-03-2014, 07:40 AM
Equilibrium
Knuckles Up

Rep Power: 19 Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 603,731,847,286.00
Total Points: 603,731,848,929.88
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 

I train at an mma gym, i try to go 3-4 times a week but lately i'm going less often because i hurt my left hand a bit and i have been switching up my training to running, bike riding and lifting weights and working on on my boxing on fridays.

The rate at my gym is 89$ CAD a month, less if you take longer a membership. But this gives you access to the gym 9 to 9 every day, and every class with all the trainers. So it's pretty cheap considering we have 2 boxing trainers, a muay thai trainer, and 2 bjj trainers, which all have they own classes at different times.

J.Dempsey why would they not accept you for casual traning for being over 30?
Old 08-03-2014, 09:47 AM
TheAuthority
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 TheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,108,357.80

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Dempsey View Post
hi guys, I've moved house and joining the local gym. It's a lot more expensive than I used to pay. But also is a lot more spacious, better equipment etc.
Thing is, it's £125 the first month, then £50 every month thereafter. Where I used to train you'd just turn up and pay £5 each time. There's no other local gyms that will except me for casual training (being over 30) and to be honest I love the boxing/training, that it's worth it for me, even at this price. I wanted to get an idea of how much £/$ is your training/boxing 'worth' to you.

How much do you currently pay for your training pcm? (£ and $ and whatever your currency)
We charge £5 per week for seniors to train as often as they want. Gym is open Monday to Friday and occasionally on the weekends if needed.

Where do you live?
Old 08-03-2014, 11:04 AM
theGr8test
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 theGr8test has a spectacular aura abouttheGr8test has a spectacular aura abouttheGr8test has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 4,879.55

I pay 40USD a month, but this is basically money for access to the gym. I get 1on1 time to time, but the head trainer does not do crap unless im sure you pay an extra fee which is probably a lot. There's another trainer at my gym who I guess is mine, but he sucks. Only 1on1 really is through sparring. Never does mitts with me or anything. I've competed once before, but I don't really want to anymore. I love the training still, still want to spar and improve, but thing it seems with boxing, is, trainers don't give a **** about you if you don't want to compete. It seems all are looking for their "way out" and finding the next Mike Tyson.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:07 AM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Rep Power: 45 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 27,257,854,169,117.50
Total Points: 27,257,854,281,016.14
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

I laid 30$ a month and got to use the gym as long as I wanted.

Having a coach is a different story. Personally, I trained wth a coach in the gym but I paid nothing because I was seen as having a lot of talent.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:23 PM
HedonisticFrog
Up and Comer

Total Points: 1,669.95

My gym is a community boxing gym and I pay $26 a month and he usually works with me for three rounds of mitts three times a week. The trainer is very knowledgable as well.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:43 PM
olliesmiff
Up and Comer

Total Points: 3,744.36

£3 a session
Old 08-03-2014, 05:38 PM
AnnunakiJesus
Brush My Hair One Time

Rep Power: 1 AnnunakiJesus has much to be proud ofAnnunakiJesus has much to be proud ofAnnunakiJesus has much to be proud ofAnnunakiJesus has much to be proud ofAnnunakiJesus has much to be proud ofAnnunakiJesus has much to be proud ofAnnunakiJesus has much to be proud ofAnnunakiJesus has much to be proud ofAnnunakiJesus has much to be proud of
Bank: 449,999,999,000,952.94
Total Points: 449,999,999,979,083.25

$100/month

Unlimited group instruction but personal training is of course separately charged per hour.

My other gym was half the price and better in every way but in certain areas one gym has a monopoly and can simply charge whatever they want.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:24 PM
LoadedWraps
”De Pinga!

Rep Power: 23 LoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 48,093,941,717,037.30
Total Points: 48,093,941,768,097.40
_4 - mathed _5 - mathed Back at ya - lparm thx, always appreciate a good toe to toe post - thuggery wouldn't let me give you greens - mathed 
pleasure to meet a NINERS fan :beerchug: - jose830 BANE - Mike Tyson77 Good karma to you for honoring our bet :) - Tyler_Durden STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega War Tribe - Hougigo 
To another great poster! - DosRounds To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Purple Heart for war! STORTROOPERS!! - DonMega war b-suth - Mike D For May 3rd to celebrate Mayweather's FIRST LOSS!! - Golovkin 
The LOADED medal!!! A special medal given to LoadedWraps for catching bodies on a daily basis. 1/1 SPECIAL EDITION. - Golovkin Red and Gold is my blood - -jose- A beer for my Comrad! - DonMega Toy my friend!One week  from history! - fundicao Guerra Cotto...PRPP..Tu Sabe.. - PRPOWERPUNCHES 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Dempsey View Post

My gym is hecka expensive, no doubt. How do I pay for it? With the money I earn through my salary.

What is boxing "worth" to me? Do you put a price on passion?
Old 08-05-2014, 05:29 PM
DosRounds
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 DosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,446,114,051,268.38
Total Points: 5,456,114,114,108.08
favorite boxer Tito Trinidad :fing02: una medalla frķa para ti :beerchug: - jose830 victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS happy birthday - -jose- A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 To a great poster. ”En DosRounds! - LoadedWraps 

£0 a year.