Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 04-20-2005, 12:15 AM
80schamps
Amateur
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 51
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 0 80schamps will become famous soon enough
Points: 16,662.62
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 16,662.62
Default Hearns rematches that should have been

Hagler and Hearns April 15th 1985 fight was the greatest 3 rounder ever.And one year later,March of 86,both fought on the same card,Hagler struggling with an 11th round stopage on John the beast Mugabi,And Hearns scoring a strong 1st round ko on James Shuler.But lets say Hagler and Hearns fought each other on that night,keep in mind that Emanual Steward commented that Hearns had peaked in the Shuler fight,and his legs were obviously stronger than in the first Hagler fight,and also Hearns is now a more filled out middleweight.Who would have prevailed? Also a Leonard Hearns rematch in 84 when hearns was so dominating and Leonard had not retired. Who would have prevailed in this one also.
Reply With Quote
80schamps is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 04-20-2005, 12:27 AM
Rockin'
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 13,485
Rep Power: 0 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 41,353.75
Bank: 31,588,368,032,279.08
Total Points: 31,588,368,073,632.83
have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac 
Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Default

Hearns may have beaten Leonard in '84, but that is questionable. The only rematch that I believe that Hearns would have certainly won would be against Iran Barkley. I really dont know how Barkley was still standing after Hearns was laying those bombs on him. And then that left hook, I couldnt believe it when it happened and still find it somewhat unbelievable today.........Rockin'
Reply With Quote
Rockin' is offline
#3
Old 04-20-2005, 03:59 AM
M26
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 798
Rep Power: 11 M26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond reputeM26 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 15,572.78
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,572.78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80schamps
Hagler and Hearns April 15th 1985 fight was the greatest 3 rounder ever.And one year later,March of 86,both fought on the same card,Hagler struggling with an 11th round stopage on John the beast Mugabi,And Hearns scoring a strong 1st round ko on James Shuler.But lets say Hagler and Hearns fought each other on that night,keep in mind that Emanual Steward commented that Hearns had peaked in the Shuler fight,and his legs were obviously stronger than in the first Hagler fight,and also Hearns is now a more filled out middleweight.Who would have prevailed? Also a Leonard Hearns rematch in 84 when hearns was so dominating and Leonard had not retired. Who would have prevailed in this one also.
Hagler would still be too much for Hearns to handle in 1986. The reason is simple, he would turn it into a slugfest. And you can not survive slugging it out with Hagler. Hearns could match Haglers skill and power, but not his chin. This would be his downfall.

I believe Leonard would defeat Hearns in 84.
Reply With Quote
M26 is offline
#4
Old 04-20-2005, 03:37 PM
80schamps
Amateur
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 51
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 0 80schamps will become famous soon enough
Points: 16,662.62
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 16,662.62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M26
Hagler would still be too much for Hearns to handle in 1986. The reason is simple, he would turn it into a slugfest. And you can not survive slugging it out with Hagler. Hearns could match Haglers skill and power, but not his chin. This would be his downfall.

I believe Leonard would defeat Hearns in 84.
Possibly,but then again,I see Hearns boxing hagler from the get go,and remember it took many of Haglers punches to wear down Hearns and eventually knock him out.I see Hearns not being there as often to be hit as in the first fight.If anything ,I would think the fight would go longer with there being a knockout by either of the two men,with Hearns having no broken hand this time..
Reply With Quote
80schamps is offline
#5
Old 04-20-2005, 06:46 PM
kapersky
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 843
Rep Power: 23 kapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 26,781.08
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 26,781.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80schamps
Possibly,but then again,I see Hearns boxing hagler from the get go,and remember it took many of Haglers punches to wear down Hearns and eventually knock him out.I see Hearns not being there as often to be hit as in the first fight.If anything ,I would think the fight would go longer with there being a knockout by either of the two men,with Hearns having no broken hand this time..
did he really broke his hand in the first fight?, or it was an excus? . however it was the greatest 3round fight ever
Reply With Quote
kapersky is offline
#6
Old 04-20-2005, 11:40 PM
80schamps
Amateur
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 51
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 0 80schamps will become famous soon enough
Points: 16,662.62
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 16,662.62
Default

No,It was confirmed.When HBO ran the special back in 85 [I still have it]they had talked about it,and when the break happened.Hearns sat there with the bandage on his hand and was talking about how long the docter told him to keep it on,and the gradual strengthing of it,after the bandage was off.But with the way Hagler was coming at him though, who knows.
Reply With Quote
80schamps is offline
#7
Old 04-21-2005, 07:21 AM
kapersky
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 843
Rep Power: 23 kapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond reputekapersky has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 26,781.08
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 26,781.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80schamps
No,It was confirmed.When HBO ran the special back in 85 [I still have it]they had talked about it,and when the break happened.Hearns sat there with the bandage on his hand and was talking about how long the docter told him to keep it on,and the gradual strengthing of it,after the bandage was off.But with the way Hagler was coming at him though, who knows.
ok, what a heart he got. how can he still punch with a broken hand then?. in the third round it looks like he was quiting.
Reply With Quote
kapersky is offline
#8
Old 04-21-2005, 08:41 AM
marvdave
hagler ud over Leonard
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Placentia,CA.
Age: 46
Posts: 4,136
Rep Power: 9904 marvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond reputemarvdave has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 24,097.54
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 24,097.54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin1
Hearns may have beaten Leonard in '84, but that is questionable. The only rematch that I believe that Hearns would have certainly won would be against Iran Barkley. I really dont know how Barkley was still standing after Hearns was laying those bombs on him. And then that left hook, I couldnt believe it when it happened and still find it somewhat unbelievable today.........Rockin'
I think Hearns never beats Hagler. Hagler is too strong (mind and chin)
Leonard is debateable

As far as Barkley, Hearns did fight and lose a rematch with The Blade. It was a decision, but Hearns took a beating. It was at Light Heavyweight I believe.
Reply With Quote
marvdave is offline
#9
Old 04-22-2005, 04:23 PM
The_One77
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: England
Posts: 1,212
Rep Power: 0 The_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 158,841.50
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 158,841.50
Toast to Wladimir! - Tunney 
Default

i've never actually seen there second match, how the hell did hearns lose again?
He pratically trashed him the first time until barkley unloosed a lucky punch to hearns chin.
That was one heck of a suprise!
Reply With Quote
The_One77 is offline
#10
Old 04-22-2005, 04:29 PM
dansweeney
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 2,208
Rep Power: 216 dansweeney has a reputation beyond reputedansweeney has a reputation beyond reputedansweeney has a reputation beyond reputedansweeney has a reputation beyond reputedansweeney has a reputation beyond reputedansweeney has a reputation beyond reputedansweeney has a reputation beyond reputedansweeney has a reputation beyond reputedansweeney has a reputation beyond reputedansweeney has a reputation beyond reputedansweeney has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 550,827.24
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 550,827.24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_One77
i've never actually seen there second match, how the hell did hearns lose again?
He pratically trashed him the first time until barkley unloosed a lucky punch to hearns chin.
That was one heck of a suprise!

hearns was done by 1992 when they rematched, he wasnt the same fighter at that point. hearns would have kayoed leonard in 84, i also believe hearns would have stopped hagler in a rematch, hagler was on the way down after that fight
Reply With Quote
dansweeney is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.