Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene
Thread Navigation

Old 04-19-2005, 03:59 AM
AIR_KENG
His Airness

Rep Power: 21515 AIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 112,924,617,415.35
Total Points: 112,924,631,737.64
Beer pre! - led No Message - led No Message - led sending gifts to friends today - serv gift giving time to friends - serv 
Default Juan Manuel Marquez moving up

Translation from Spanish to English by Sergio Martinez.

ďIím as good as Morales and Barrera, and just need a good promoter to get me fights against those guys to prove that I belong with the elite boxers of the world. I also want to finish my business with Manny Pacquiao because I know that I beat him.Ē-Juan Manuel Marquez.
[ Details ]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-19-2005, 12:04 PM
JOM'S
MANILA ICE

Rep Power: 3796 JOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 285,776,022,600,269,408.00
Total Points: 285,776,022,600,272,288.00
happy holidays, ninong - BABYBOXER Beer pre! - led 'sa pa! - led sending gifts to friends today - serv blue parallelogram pre! - Chadmack 
gift giving time to friends - serv para sa mahihilig sa puday - Chadmack No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay Good poster - MANIAC310 
tagay mo pre - Talisayen isa pa pre para indi bitin. hehehehe - Talisayen last for the road para maganda ang tama - Talisayen cheers bro - lebrick *mwah* - led 
gift giving time to friends - guardian Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* couldn't green you for your china thread comment , so here's a beer enjoy! - HUGH JASS for a fellow pacman fan - sugarsmosley 
Childhood Cancer - Akinapepemo Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Akinapepemo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - LeeVanCleef Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Talisayen Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

I hope JMM make up his mind what he wants to do...

I LOVE TO SEE HIM AGAIN AGAINST PAC SOON ...
Old 04-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Josh2k5
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 Josh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,131.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomapac
I hope JMM make up his mind what he wants to do...

I LOVE TO SEE HIM AGAIN AGAINST PAC SOON ...
What the hell do you mean you hope JMM makes up his mind with what he wants to do?

He wants to fight Pacquiao, Barrera and Morales. Reread that article and learn to comprehend what is being stated. Whoever made the first post about Marquez moving up meant as in rising up as a fighter, not moving up in weight to avoid Pac, or that Marquez was indecisive about wanting to fight Pac. These are some excerpts from that article posted, of what Marquez said:

"Iím as good as Morales and Barrera, and just need a good promoter to get me fights against those guys to prove that I belong with the elite boxers of the world. I also want to finish my business with Manny Pacquiao because I know that I beat him. Iíll go up to super featherweight and meet those guys there." -JMM

"All I can do is continue to work hard, prepare myself, and Iím here to face any of the top fighters in the featherweight and super featherweight divisions." -JMM

I wanna see a rematch of JMM - Pac or Morales - Pac or Barrera - Pac (Barrera needs to redeem himself. There were a lot of distractions prior to the fight and it cost him. He didn't look the same. He was just going through the motions.)

As far as the JMM - Pac rematch goes. Too bad it fell through. I thought Marquez would have easily outboxed and reversed the tables on Pacquiao if they rematched. I don't think Pac would've gotten so lucky in the first round if they did rematch.

And Marquez apparently wouldn't have gotten the lion's share of the rematch purse (read the aforementioned article). His ****ty Top Rank promotion isn't giving Marquez his just due. I think he needs to drop Top Rank and get himself a promotional team that can get him paid so he can get it on with Pacquiao, Morales and Barrera without getting stiffed. These would all be good fights and we could decide once and for all who the best featherweight/super featherweight is out there.

And you know what, I can't say I blame Marquez for wanting the lion's share of the pie. He's pushing 30 yrs old and worked hard to make his bones in boxing, so to speak, with little reward for his hard-earned efforts. Naseem Hamed dodged him for years, and like that article noted, so did other top-caliber fighters. Pac hasn't made his bones in the sport like Marquez has, so Freddie Roach needs to learn how to negotiate like a reasonable person and give Marquez and Pac what they deserve financially speaking. After all, Marquez is the one with the titles, and Pacquiao is the challenger. It's a given, the champion deserves the lion's share of the purse, plain and simple. Either way, aside from all the negotiations and lip-smacking from Roach and all the Pac bandwagoners, I can't wait to see a rematch. I think it'll eventually happen, though I think a Morales rematch is more likely to happen, which I also want to see just as much.

Last edited by Josh2k5; 04-19-2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:30 PM
czars_salad
pinoy sniper

Rep Power: 3210 czars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 72,496.01
Total Points: 158,763.49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2k5
What the hell do you mean you hope JMM makes up his mind with what he wants to do?

He wants to fight Pacquiao, Barrera and Morales.
this is cheap talk. he refused to fight him remember?
Old 04-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Josh2k5
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 Josh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these partsJosh2k5 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by czars_salad
this is cheap talk. he refused to fight him remember?
Marquez sat at the negotiation table ready and willing, as champion, to rematch Pacquiao, the challenger. Freddie Roach and company refused to give Marquez his just due, as is customary. Face it, Pacquiao's corner messed up the rematch negotiations, not Marquez.

Pacquiao vs Barrera (Pacquiao beats a Barrera who was a shell of himself that night; not the same Barrera with the intensity that faced Morales or Hamed)

Pacquiao vs Marquez (Draw - but Marquez should have really won despite the knockdowns in the first. Marquez put on a clinic and set the bluprint for how to take care of Pacquiao and exposed him for the one-dimensional fighter he was.)

Pacquiao vs Morales (Unanimous Decision for Morales as he goes on to make mince meat of Pac's face after making him spit up his own blood.)

Pacquiao overall vs the legendary Mexican trio 1-1-1
Should really be 1-2

Looking forward to the rematches to shut up Pacquiao, Roach and his fans once and for all.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:21 PM
czars_salad
pinoy sniper

Rep Power: 3210 czars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond reputeczars_salad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pacquiao vs Barrera (Pacquiao beats a Barrera who was a shell of himself that night; not the same Barrera with the intensity that faced Morales or Hamed)
now this is a nuthugging *****
Old 04-19-2005, 10:27 PM
m00ks
The Human Keg

Rep Power: 595 m00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,706,920.08
Total Points: 2,761,271.59

Quote:
Marquez sat at the negotiation table ready and willing, as champion, to rematch Pacquiao, the challenger. Freddie Roach and company refused to give Marquez his just due, as is customary. Face it, Pacquiao's corner messed up the rematch negotiations, not Marquez.

Pacquiao vs Marquez (Draw - but Marquez should have really won despite the knockdowns in the first. Marquez put on a clinic and set the bluprint for how to take care of Pacquiao and exposed him for the one-dimensional fighter he was.)

Pacquiao vs Morales (Unanimous Decision for Morales as he goes on to make mince meat of Pac's face after making him spit up his own blood.)

Pacquiao overall vs the legendary Mexican trio 1-1-1
Should really be 1-2

Looking forward to the rematches to shut up Pacquiao, Roach and his fans once and for all.
Funny how you say Pacquiao's corner messed up and it's Maqruez who missed out on his payday lol. And please....if Marquez wanted a rematch that badly, he wouldn't have *****ed about his purse. I can understand him wanting more but don't come in here and start spitting out bull**** like it was Pac's camp's fault. The reason the rematch never took place was negotiations between HIM and HIS OWN PROMOTER Arum. Pac's purse was a guarantee by Murad and didn't involve no negotiations with Marquez.

Pacquiao-Barrera (Barerra wasn't 100% but he tried everything from slugging to boxing and nothing in his repertoire, not even his 15 year experience allowed him to win more than one round against a man who has his number. Saying he was nothing but a mere "shell" of himself is coming from a fan in denial. And now, he don't even want to redeem himself lol I understand him though hahaha)

Pacquiao-Marquez (Draw, Close fight, 3 point difference should have won it for Pac. One judge ADMITTED he ****ed up and still people are blinded by the "comeback hype", started seeing a hollywood movie ending and stopped watching the end of the fight).

Pacquiao-Morales (UD - Morales won hands down. Clear decision, no robbery).

Pacquaio vs mexican trio (1-1-1) when it should be (2-1).

Pac is like a thorn on a mexican's finger. 3 top mexicans of the past decade, took one filipino out of nowhere to drop 2 of them 3 times in their respective fights. lol

Looking forward to the rematches, so he can finally get the respect he deserves from everyone who's in denial like yourself
Old 04-19-2005, 10:30 PM
czars_salad
pinoy sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks
Funny how you say Pacquiao's corner messed up and it's Maqruez who missed out on his payday lol. And please....if Marquez wanted a rematch that badly, he wouldn't have *****ed about his purse. I can understand him wanting more but don't come in here and start spitting out bull**** like it was Pac's camp's fault. The reason the rematch never took place was negotiations between HIM and HIS OWN PROMOTER Arum. Pac's purse was a guarantee by Murad and didn't involve no negotiations with Marquez.

Pacquiao-Barrera (Barerra wasn't 100% but he tried everything from slugging to boxing and nothing in his repertoire, not even his 15 year experience allowed him to win more than one round against a man who has his number. Saying he was nothing but a mere "shell" of himself is coming from a fan in denial. And now, he don't even want to redeem himself lol I understand him though hahaha)

Pacquiao-Marquez (Draw, Close fight, 3 point difference should have won it for Pac. One judge ADMITTED he ****ed up and still people are blinded by the "comeback hype", started seeing a hollywood movie ending and stopped watching the end of the fight).

Pacquiao-Morales (UD - Morales won hands down. Clear decision, no robbery).

Pacquaio vs mexican trio (1-1-1) when it should be (2-1).

Pac is like a thorn on a mexican's finger. 3 top mexicans of the past decade, took one filipino out of nowhere to drop 2 of them 3 times in their respective fights. lol

Looking forward to the rematches, so he can finally get the respect he deserves from everyone who's in denial like yourself
mooks scored a knocdown!!! Josh2k5 is bloodied and ran out of the ring
Old 04-19-2005, 11:15 PM
m00ks
The Human Keg

Rep Power: 595 m00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,706,920.08
Total Points: 2,761,271.59

Quote:
mooks scored a knocdown!!! Josh2k5 is bloodied and ran out of the ring
sarap patulan mga to pre
Old 04-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Josh2k5
Amateur

Quote:
now this is a nuthugging *****
That's all you can do like a little *****, write **** from your computer with your dumbass "nuthugger" crap. Everyone knows the biggest "nuthuggers" are filipinos with all their Pacquiao bull****.

All you blind Pacquiao toadies were the same ones making ridiculous claims that Pacquiao would KO Morales in round 1 and other nonsense like that. You believed your own hype about an overrated, one-dimensional Pacquiao. Reading all your bull**** threads, I noticed you Pac dick lickers were trying to make Pacquiao out to be a legend on par with the greatest all time featherweights/jr lightweights, claiming a bunch of other nonsense also. Get off your own sack.

But from your point of view, I could understand why you talk **** about other fighters and try to pump up your own guy -- because that's all you have. On the other hand Barrera, Morales, Marquez, believe it or not are not the best or even the only good Mexican boxers to dominate. There were better before them and there will be better after them in all likelihood. Legends nonetheless in their own right, but by no means the only good Mexican boxers.