Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-17-2009, 01:22 PM
dans
Journeyman

Rep Power: 23 dans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,580,970.88
Total Points: 57,983,030.33
Couldnt give Karma, credit where credits due :) - GreatJoe Its mental monday on NSB! - mr.crust first past the post.2k posts - mr.crust for a super poster and NSB member! - jazluvr449 Its never too early for a cold one - Kevin Jesus 
Hey, here's a drink. - Libido Sanchez 
Default Mayweather has to fight elite welters, but Pac doesn't have to fight elite JWWs?

Seems like a double standard.

Boxing fans cry that Floyd doesn't clean out the welterweight division and he needs to fight elite welters instead of just taking money fights. But I don't hear anyone calling for Manny to do that.

Why doesn't anyone cry for Manny to fight the Tim Bradleys of the world?Simple. Because Floyd is held to a higher standard.

Let's say that 147 is Floyd's natural division and 140 is Pacquiao's. They both moved up one class above their natural weight to get a title (DLH and Cotto). But after Floyd beat Oscar, everyone cried that he needed to face legit elite welters, including me. But now that Manny has gone up the scales similarly to Floyd, he doesn't have to clean out divisions or fight the best in his natural division to gain respect. Instead, people think Manny should just be able to take big money fights and retire.

To be honest, I could care less. Pacquiao-Mayweather is the only fight that really matters right now. It's just amazing how these double standards work.

Floyd gets no credit for going up the scales, winning titles, and making superfights, because he's not cleaning out divisions. On the flip side, Manny gets maximum credit for doing the same thing.

It goes to show how far being an ******* gets you.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-17-2009, 01:25 PM
upinurgirlsguts

Rep Power: 65 2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,537,584,546,079.21
Total Points: 44,538,595,589,776.76
keep fighting those huggers - mickey gomez &amp;quot;unlike floyd&amp;quot; was not a bad post for a marquez guy. lol beer on the pacnuthugger - Left Hook Tua Good poster. - Tek My Pounches you got jmm flaws down to the letter..... - Left Hook Tua I got my eye on you, sexy vato. - El Gallo Homo! 
You stay putting shit in proper perspective. - El Gallo Negro! Always right on the money homey - mangler Always keepin it real - mangler Cheers. I luv your threads homey - mangler Proper ownage of Floyd stans - WhoreUs 
cheers homey - MANGLER good poster - Mucus gangsta - Poor Lad 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Right Cross Ike 

Who was the best JRWW this year and who was the best WW this year?

Who BEAT the best JRWW this year and who BEAT the best WW this year?

What division is Floyd in? What division was Floyd's last opponent in?
Bogler
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Bogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 220,087,572.38
Total Points: 220,171,969.21
cheers pare - Makavelli can't just have one beer - Makavelli dagdag natin beer mo pre - Makavelli 4 beers is better than 3...isa pa - Makavelli G35 Owners need beer - Makavelli 
cheers, pare!! - Chadmack 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dans01234 View Post

Boxing fans cry that Floyd doesn't clean out the welterweight division and he needs to fight elite welters instead of just taking money fights. But I don't hear anyone calling for Manny to do that.

Why doesn't anyone cry for Manny to fight the Tim Bradleys of the world?Simple. Because Floyd is held to a higher standard.

Let's say that 147 is Floyd's natural division and 140 is Pacquiao's. They both moved up one class above their natural weight to get a title (DLH and Cotto). But after Floyd beat Oscar, everyone cried that he needed to face legit elite welters, including me. But now that Manny has gone up the scales similarly to Floyd, he doesn't have to clean out divisions or fight the best in his natural division to gain respect. Instead, people think Manny should just be able to take big money fights and retire.

To be honest, I could care less. Pacquiao-Mayweather is the only fight that really matters right now. It's just amazing how these double standards work.

Floyd gets no credit for going up the scales, winning titles, and making superfights, because he's not cleaning out divisions. On the flip side, Manny gets maximum credit for doing the same thing.

ricky hatton isnt an elite JWW?
cotto >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any elite JWW
Doctor_Tenma
Monster

Rep Power: 76 Doctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 229,777,118,478,471.81
Total Points: 229,807,251,013,978.91
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Toney Loc 

I'd love to understand like everyone else; why one gets criticized and the other doesn't.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Bushidō
GGG-Unit

Rep Power: 21 Bushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,507,470,349,178.97
Total Points: 11,507,471,403,324.75

At the time Hatton was the top junior welter weight. Pacquiao fought him and so did Mayweather. Pacquiao fought one of the best welterweight in cotto and won. Who else would you want PAcquiao to fight?
Old 11-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Bushidō
GGG-Unit

Rep Power: 21 Bushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond reputeBushidō has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,507,470,349,178.97
Total Points: 11,507,471,403,324.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dans01234 View Post

this post honestly doesn't make any sense
Old 11-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Glamour Puss
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Glamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,834,539,475.18
Total Points: 31,845,312,733.30
The most badass, relentless, straight-up talking poster on BS. Hail tha Poon! - PittyPat Be my friend again, plz :[ - mangler jr No Message - texanballer We need a rematch! - Merseyside You're my homeboy, Jacky. - fallenloki 
I'm back foo! Lets drink - mangler Have a tuna melt - mangler More food - mangler Glad to have you back. - ƒallenloki No Message - El Cabron 
i'll be the 6 million dollar pactard - Bootneck 10,000 leagues under the sea - The Scientist 10K strong. War JMM! - mangler for dropping knowledge on all of us, homie. - Vincent Zestril thanks.  shanghai noon/knights - Derramged 
To quote you &amp;quot;for single handedly responsible for ushering in the renaissance period in NSB.&amp;quot; - sigrab Long live Camel Toes - Libido Sanchez Elite Poster.. - Dorian Thanks for providing top notch entertainment! - sigrab legend poster, RIP in peace - I'm so sorry 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Hepatitis C - Kid Lavigne Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOLLOCKS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
I'd love to understand like everyone else; why one gets criticized and the other doesn't.
Floyds attitude hurts him in this regard.

The thing you can't take from Floyd is, he doesn't need to rely on weightdraining his opponents.

But what they're both guilty of is avoiding the tough fights and picking shot and worn out fighters.

Difference is, Manny and Roach drain them too.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:29 PM
upinurgirlsguts

Rep Power: 65 2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,537,584,546,079.21
Total Points: 44,538,595,589,776.76
keep fighting those huggers - mickey gomez &amp;quot;unlike floyd&amp;quot; was not a bad post for a marquez guy. lol beer on the pacnuthugger - Left Hook Tua Good poster. - Tek My Pounches you got jmm flaws down to the letter..... - Left Hook Tua I got my eye on you, sexy vato. - El Gallo Homo! 
You stay putting shit in proper perspective. - El Gallo Negro! Always right on the money homey - mangler Always keepin it real - mangler Cheers. I luv your threads homey - mangler Proper ownage of Floyd stans - WhoreUs 
cheers homey - MANGLER good poster - Mucus gangsta - Poor Lad 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Right Cross Ike 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2501 View Post

still waiting
Old 11-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Doctor_Tenma
Monster

Rep Power: 76 Doctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 229,777,118,478,471.81
Total Points: 229,807,251,013,978.91
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Toney Loc 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
Floyds attitude hurts him in this regard.

The thing you can't take from Floyd is, he doesn't need to rely on weightdraining his opponents.

But what they're both guilty of is avoiding the tough fights and picking shot and worn out fighters.

Difference is, Manny and Roach drain them too.
Not only Jr WW. What did he do at 135?
Old 11-17-2009, 01:31 PM
dans
Journeyman

Rep Power: 23 dans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,580,970.88
Total Points: 57,983,030.33
Couldnt give Karma, credit where credits due :) - GreatJoe Its mental monday on NSB! - mr.crust first past the post.2k posts - mr.crust for a super poster and NSB member! - jazluvr449 Its never too early for a cold one - Kevin Jesus 
Hey, here's a drink. - Libido Sanchez 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2501 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogler View Post
ricky hatton isnt an elite JWW?
cotto >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any elite JWW
I didn't say that Manny didn't beat the top guys. I'm saying that people expect Floyd Mayweather to be cleaning out divisions, but not Manny.

Before Floyd retired he took on De La Hoya and Hatton. This was after the Judah and Baldomir fights (who at the time, were top welterweights).

Now comparing with Pacquiao. He beat David Diaz at 135, then went up for super fights with DLH and Hatton, just like Mayweather. And again, I don't blame Pac for taking those fights. But no one said "Oh Pac has to beat an elite LW, or clean out LW or JWW" did they? No, because people like Manny Pacquiao.