Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: What is the leading candidate for 2009's Robbery of the Year so far?
Berto/Collazo 17 18.68%
Cotto/Clottey 9 9.89%
Malignaggi/Diaz 38 41.76%
Other. 27 29.67%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 11-09-2009, 06:31 PM
JakeNDaBox
The Jake of All Trades

Rep Power: 200000 JakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,459,214,070.38
Total Points: 13,665,594,205.18
Send a message via AIM to JakeNDaBox Send a message via Yahoo to JakeNDaBox

Diaz-Malignaggi was bad, but seemed to have taken on a life of its own mainly due to Paulie predicting beforehand exactly how it would go down.

I thought Martinez-Cintron was much worse - dude won by knockout and by rounds yet still wound up with a draw.

There was also an ESPN2 fight earlier in the year. I think it was Golden Boy's first card of the year on ESPN2. Chop Chop fought some prospect whose name I can't remember; I just remember the decision being so bad that even Oscar de la Hoya admitted on air that his kid got a gift.

Both of those fights were worse/more corrupt than any of the three listed, esp. Cotto-Clottey which at best (or worst, depending upon your viewpoint) was debatable, but hardly a robbery.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-09-2009, 06:38 PM
AztecWanker
Banned

Rep Power: 0 AztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,712,217,775.35
Total Points: 2,512,201,311,881.63
Thanks for betting. - RED ARMY Party hardy.. - Hard Dick Happy Friday!!! Cheers!! - RicDaRula Thanks alot man - El Dominicano For being one of the few sane forum members around here! - F•R•K•O 
happy 1000th! - JAB5239 Cerveza Con Carácter - Puas Thank you for that donut sir - The Gold Mac you da man! - RJJ The Truth Cool poster wit some common sense. Sip it slow homey - mangler 
cause im the shit - Gift Of Gab Here's an apple for ya....... - Breakbeat you get the pizza, i get the beer...thanks homie - Makavelli Respect homey, for bein one of the site's best - mangler Where you been? - Dominicano Soy! 
A round on me homey - mangler Happy New Year - Freedom. Cheers! - dan_cov Damn, when ISN'T Erik Morales vowing war against someone or something? God bless that man. - thuggery Margarito is a monster - hectari 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Sox8055 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - -Boxzilla- Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - dan_cov Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dan_cov 

Was Gato/Augustus this year? That was a bad one. as was froch/dirrell and cintron/martinez
Old 11-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Allucard
Undisputed Champion

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,301,174.38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterson View Post
Dirrell vs Froch!!
Yep, by a landmile.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:42 PM
dans
Journeyman

Rep Power: 22 dans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond reputedans has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,580,970.88
Total Points: 57,938,576.33
Couldnt give Karma, credit where credits due :) - GreatJoe Its mental monday on NSB! - mr.crust first past the post.2k posts - mr.crust for a super poster and NSB member! - jazluvr449 Its never too early for a cold one - Kevin Jesus 
Hey, here's a drink. - Libido Sanchez 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
Diaz-Malignaggi was bad, but seemed to have taken on a life of its own mainly due to Paulie predicting beforehand exactly how it would go down.

I thought Martinez-Cintron was much worse - dude won by knockout and by rounds yet still wound up with a draw.

There was also an ESPN2 fight earlier in the year. I think it was Golden Boy's first card of the year on ESPN2. Chop Chop fought some prospect whose name I can't remember; I just remember the decision being so bad that even Oscar de la Hoya admitted on air that his kid got a gift.

Both of those fights were worse/more corrupt than any of the three listed, esp. Cotto-Clottey which at best (or worst, depending upon your viewpoint) was debatable, but hardly a robbery.
Good call. Martinez-Cintron was a shame. Cintron didn't earn that draw in any way. Dude should write a book, "How I got a draw by losing 3/4 of the rounds and getting knocked out." That point deduction killed Martinez, but it shouldn't have. That was absurd.

Corley got robbed bad. I couldn't believe it. When the announced the scores, the guy should've just said, "Even though you won Chop Chop, we're going to give it to this kid because he's supposed to be undefeated so he can make money. I know it's tough, but you already have a bunch of losses, so what's one more right?"
Old 11-09-2009, 07:16 PM
vercingetorix3
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 vercingetorix3 has a reputation beyond reputevercingetorix3 has a reputation beyond reputevercingetorix3 has a reputation beyond reputevercingetorix3 has a reputation beyond reputevercingetorix3 has a reputation beyond reputevercingetorix3 has a reputation beyond reputevercingetorix3 has a reputation beyond reputevercingetorix3 has a reputation beyond reputevercingetorix3 has a reputation beyond reputevercingetorix3 has a reputation beyond reputevercingetorix3 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 136,486,932.00
Total Points: 136,496,676.86

I haven't had the opportunity to watch Cintron/Martinez. And I totally forgot to add Forch/Dirrell.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:17 PM
The_Demon
Big dog

Rep Power: 39 The_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,033,318,126.79
Total Points: 75,111,155,697.02
cant grren k you my friend at the moment so i got you a gift instead - project xxx1 Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad thanks mate - Pension-Killer Thanks for knowing the movie mane - Natedatpkid I hope this beer will help,. I'm a nice guy - McGoorty 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - DuttyAlacrity Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Sir TomJones Childhood Cancer - Sir TomJones Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 

the first 2 werent robberies
Old 11-09-2009, 07:18 PM
P.WILL
Banned

Rep Power: 0 P.WILL has a reputation beyond reputeP.WILL has a reputation beyond reputeP.WILL has a reputation beyond reputeP.WILL has a reputation beyond reputeP.WILL has a reputation beyond reputeP.WILL has a reputation beyond reputeP.WILL has a reputation beyond reputeP.WILL has a reputation beyond reputeP.WILL has a reputation beyond reputeP.WILL has a reputation beyond reputeP.WILL has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,228,099.42
Total Points: 11,742,440.62
Gettin your collection started homey - mangler Have a beer man - mangler 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler 

Cintron-Martinez.......
Old 11-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Doctor_Tenma
Monster

Rep Power: 69 Doctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,515,675,630,982.73
Total Points: 20,545,808,078,734.87
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Toney Loc 

Pernell Whitaker vs. JLR I. I never seen a fighter not win ONE round and still win the fight. No robbery worst then that. If there is, you have to look for a very very huge event that was a robbery.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Ryn0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 30 Ryn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,717,639,649,521.96
Total Points: 20,717,639,682,091.84
Thanks buddy. -GO KING ARTHUR! - VanesBoxing Thanks for the tips - slicksouthpaw16 Cheers man.  Thanks for the mention. - ABOSWORTH For an awesome poster - Sweet Pea 50 No Message - Sithis 
For the Mayweather boat...LMAOOOOO - Shin Akuma I bought ya a pint, you have fulled my nuthugging for calzaghe, thanks :) - GreatJoe 
Childhood Cancer - BatTheMan Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD 

Dirrell-Froch
Old 11-09-2009, 07:21 PM
AztecWanker
Banned

Rep Power: 0 AztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,712,217,775.35
Total Points: 2,512,201,311,881.63
Thanks for betting. - RED ARMY Party hardy.. - Hard Dick Happy Friday!!! Cheers!! - RicDaRula Thanks alot man - El Dominicano For being one of the few sane forum members around here! - F•R•K•O 
happy 1000th! - JAB5239 Cerveza Con Carácter - Puas Thank you for that donut sir - The Gold Mac you da man! - RJJ The Truth Cool poster wit some common sense. Sip it slow homey - mangler 
cause im the shit - Gift Of Gab Here's an apple for ya....... - Breakbeat you get the pizza, i get the beer...thanks homie - Makavelli Respect homey, for bein one of the site's best - mangler Where you been? - Dominicano Soy! 
A round on me homey - mangler Happy New Year - Freedom. Cheers! - dan_cov Damn, when ISN'T Erik Morales vowing war against someone or something? God bless that man. - thuggery Margarito is a monster - hectari 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Sox8055 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - -Boxzilla- Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - dan_cov Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dan_cov 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
Pernell Whitaker vs. JLR I. I never seen a fighter not win ONE round and still win the fight. No robbery worst then that. If there is, you have to look for a very very huge event that was a robbery.
that wasnt this year, platano boy.