Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 09-16-2005, 12:53 AM
IwatchBoxing
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Miami
Age: 28
Posts: 10,906
Rep Power: 0 IwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 327,863.51
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 327,863.51
Default Top 10 Puerto Rican boxers ever?

1.Wilfred Benitez - One of the most naturaly skilld boxers ever.
2.Carlos Ortiz-Old school Lightweight, top five.
3.Felix Trinidad-Top five Welters
4.Gomez-Best 122 pounder
5.Jose Torres- 1958-1969, WBC Light Heavyweight Title
WBA Light Heavyweight Title defended like five times, loss two fights to Dick Tiger, 41-(29KO)-L3-1D
6.Sixto Escobar-1st PR champion, 1930-1940, 39(19KO)-L22-D3
7.Carlos DeLeon- 1974-1995, 52(32KO)-L8-D1, 1st Curiser to win belt 2 times (he did it 4), defended belt like 12 times (not counting losses)
8.Esteban DeJesus- Beat Duran, 57(32KO)-5L, great Lightweight.
9.Hector Camacho- Great skill, beat Rafael Limon,Jose Luis Ramirez,Edwin Rosario. 1980-2005, lost to Chavez in his 12th pro year, than Trinidad, DLH, and beat Duran/SRL. 79(38KO)-L5-D2
10.Fres Oquendo-Really beat Bryd/John Ruiz-41(28KO)-D1, defended belt 6 times sucessfuly (1st Latino Hvy champs!)
Honorable mentions- Juan Laporte (beat Chavez), Cocoa Kid, Ossie Oscasio, Lou Del Valle ect... (not final, let me know,bored)
Reply With Quote
IwatchBoxing is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 09-16-2005, 12:57 AM
+= El Jefe=+
Label Us Notorious
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NYC
Age: 28
Posts: 7,331
Rep Power: 21498 += El Jefe=+ has a reputation beyond repute+= El Jefe=+ has a reputation beyond repute+= El Jefe=+ has a reputation beyond repute+= El Jefe=+ has a reputation beyond repute+= El Jefe=+ has a reputation beyond repute+= El Jefe=+ has a reputation beyond repute+= El Jefe=+ has a reputation beyond repute+= El Jefe=+ has a reputation beyond repute+= El Jefe=+ has a reputation beyond repute+= El Jefe=+ has a reputation beyond repute+= El Jefe=+ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 61,298.15
Bank: 5,101,607,001.70
Total Points: 5,101,668,299.85
Send a message via AIM to += El Jefe=+ Send a message via Yahoo to += El Jefe=+
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwatchBoxing
1.Wilfred Benitez - One of the most naturaly skilld boxers ever.
2.Carlos Ortiz-Old school Lightweight, top five.
3.Felix Trinidad-Top five Welters
4.Gomez-Best 122 pounder
5.Jose Torres- 1958-1969, WBC Light Heavyweight Title
WBA Light Heavyweight Title defended like five times, loss two fights to Dick Tiger, 41-(29KO)-L3-1D
6.Sixto Escobar-1st PR champion, 1930-1940, 39(19KO)-L22-D3
7.Carlos DeLeon- 1974-1995, 52(32KO)-L8-D1, 1st Curiser to win belt 2 times (he did it 4), defended belt like 12 times (not counting losses)
8.Esteban DeJesus- Beat Duran, 57(32KO)-5L, great Lightweight.
9.Hector Camacho- Great skill, beat Rafael Limon,Jose Luis Ramirez,Edwin Rosario. 1980-2005, lost to Chavez in his 12th pro year, than Trinidad, DLH, and beat Duran/SRL. 79(38KO)-L5-D2
10.Fres Oquendo-Really beat Bryd/John Ruiz-41(28KO)-D1, defended belt 6 times sucessfuly (1st Latino Hvy champs!)
Honorable mentions- Juan Laporte (beat Chavez), Cocoa Kid, Ossie Oscasio, Lou Del Valle ect... (not final, let me know,bored)
no Rosario in it???
where do you rank him then??
Reply With Quote
+= El Jefe=+ is offline
#3
Old 09-16-2005, 01:04 AM
IwatchBoxing
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Miami
Age: 28
Posts: 10,906
Rep Power: 0 IwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 327,863.51
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 327,863.51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe De Jefes
no Rosario in it???
where do you rank him then??
In the honorable mentions .....why, what so great about him?

P.S. I should switch Torres with Escobar...

Last edited by IwatchBoxing; 09-16-2005 at 01:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
IwatchBoxing is offline
#4
Old 09-16-2005, 03:21 AM
Yogi
Hey, Boo Boo
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Jellystone Park
Age: 47
Posts: 2,755
Rep Power: 143 Yogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond reputeYogi has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 39,966.36
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 39,966.36
Boxingscene's elite - !! AI-Holmes!! To a clever bear. A Superbear! - BatTheMan 
Default

To name one, Jose Basora might be somebody to read up on and consider for that list, Iwatch, seeing as he beat Jake LaMotta, Fritzie Zivc, Holman Williams, and other contenders throughout his career...along with holding Sugar Ray Robinson to a draw in one of their fights.
Reply With Quote
Yogi is offline
#5
Old 09-16-2005, 06:53 PM
IwatchBoxing
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Miami
Age: 28
Posts: 10,906
Rep Power: 0 IwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 327,863.51
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 327,863.51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi
To name one, Jose Basora might be somebody to read up on and consider for that list, Iwatch, seeing as he beat Jake LaMotta, Fritzie Zivc, Holman Williams, and other contenders throughout his career...along with holding Sugar Ray Robinson to a draw in one of their fights.
He sounds pretty good, where do you think he should be placed?
Reply With Quote
IwatchBoxing is offline
#6
Old 09-17-2005, 03:48 PM
IwatchBoxing
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Miami
Age: 28
Posts: 10,906
Rep Power: 0 IwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeIwatchBoxing has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 327,863.51
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 327,863.51
Default

Jose Basora, 76 (43KOs)-L20-D8 total 104
1939-1952

Jake LaMotta 1D, 1W, 1L, 1LKO9

Sugar Ray Robinson 1D,1L (Basora's strong finish left some of the crowd feeling he deserved the verdict.), than at the end of his career, Ray KO'd him in 1 (Jose was down 4 times-The Basora rematch set a record that would stand for a very long time: It was the fastest knockout ever in a world title fight, lasting only 50 seconds. That record stood for 38 years.)

Never holded a belt tho, other than
Middleweight Championship of the Antilles
http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=010327

Esteban DeJesus or Hector Camacho for him?

Last edited by IwatchBoxing; 09-17-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
IwatchBoxing is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.