No announcement yet.

Abraham’s Intensity Determination Impress Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abraham’s Intensity Determination Impress Mike Tyson

While visiting family and friends in the New York/New Jersey area this week, Mike Tyson stopped by to see his long time friend Mario Costa at the Ringside Lounge in Jersey City, NJ. Costa, a long time boxing man, likes what he sees in Arthur Abraham and showed Tyson Showtime highlights of his 360 interviews and Taylor KO. Costa says Tyson had high praise for the unbeaten German-based Armenian. “Mike said he’s gonna win. His determination is too much over all of them,” said Costa. “His determination is intense. He said he’s gonna win the (Super Six) Tournament.”

Of the brutal 12th round knockout via Abraham’s right fist on Taylor, Tyson said: “Mike said it was unbelievable. He said his body was stiff before he even hit the canvas.”

Tyson is a regular visitor to the Ringside Lounge when he returns home from his residence in Las Vegas. Costa maintains and cares for his 800 pigeons which are kept in a nearby coop. Some of the original birds from Tyson’s Catskills days are sheltered at the location.

Costa, who has worked with Arturo Gatti, Matthew Hilton, Sultan Ibragimor, Mike McCallum, Tyson, among others, firmly believes King Arthur Abraham is the real deal, and sees similar qualities in Abraham that exist in his pal Tyson. “The 360 interview with Abraham, I liked it myself. I showed it to everybody in the bar. How Abraham said when he saw Mike Tyson fight when he was 16, he said, Ah, this is good. This is so good. How he said Tyson is the one who inspired him to become a boxer. I couldn’t wait for Mike to come to show him. And he loved it. He had a nice smile on his face, looking at it, like, Wow.”

“I liked how (Abraham) said, Car is nothing, house is nothing, name is everything. Win is everything. He spoke from the heart like Mike does. When I saw it, I liked it. How sincere he was, how he spoke about Mike. I knew he was saying the truth. I couldn’t wait to show Mike. And Mike loved. And I look forward to meeting Arthur Abraham one day.”

Published by Scoop Malinowski on October 27th, 2009

I like AA, but the reason Tyson was beaten by someone like buster douglas is because the more exciting your style is in boxing the more chances of someone beating you. I mean look at AA, he is mostly conservative with everything he throws and blocks most of his opponents punches. What he does is quite obvious, he wears his opponents down and takes them out late. The majority of AA's KO's come late in fights.

Like look at floyds style, its not friend friendly and he'll probably stay undefeated because of it. It also helps that Floyd waits for the best 147 fighters to fight each other so he can get worn-torn fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
      I like AA, but the reason Tyson was beaten by someone like buster douglas is because the more exciting your style is in boxing the more chances of someone beating you. I mean look at AA, he is mostly conservative with everything he throws and blocks most of his opponents punches. What he does is quite obvious, he wears his opponents down and takes them out late. The majority of AA's KO's come late in fights.

Like look at floyds style, its not friend friendly and he'll probably stay undefeated because of it. It also helps that Floyd waits for the best 147 fighters to fight each other so he can get worn-torn fighters.
      Yes and No: Yes it does take a lot to be an exciting fighter and you risk losing because you are taking a lot of risks as well as burning out quicker than other fighters with more "boxing" oriented styles like Larry Holmes and Lennox Lewis...but NO, I don't fully agree with you with the Douglas example since Tyson was already on the slide and not training when he fought Douglas and like I've been mentioning, in the words of Floyd Patterson: "remember what got you there." Tyson fired what got him there and it cost him his chance of winning against Douglas. AA has yet to show signs of slipping and getting away from what got him there.
      But yes, if we stick to one point, AA will not have a long career and the tread on his tires are quickly coming off compared to others, like Kessler.
      Last edited by Benny Leonard; 10-31-2009, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Calzaghe wants Kessler to win the tourney but I don't even think Kessler is that good. It wouldn't shock me if Ward whoops Kesslers ass. Even though I like Calzaghe, he clearly wants Kessler to do good or be the winner of the tourney because he knows that would help his own legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
          Calzaghe wants Kessler to win the tourney but I don't even think Kessler is that good. It wouldn't shock me if Ward whoops Kesslers ass. Even though I like Calzaghe, he clearly wants Kessler to do good or be the winner of the tourney because he knows that would help his own legacy.
          Can't blame him.

I haven't watched much of Ward at all so it's hard to comment on if he is very good or just good or what....not sure.

Comment

Ward reminds me of a ****tier version of Calzaghe with a mixture of Hopkins and clinches like crazy*he clinched alot against Miranda but not in his earlier fights so I don't know if that has to do with stamina issues or if he just had an off night or if Miranda was a big step up so he had to fight like that for whatever reason....

Basicallly, I don't think Ward has much power because maybe he has hand problems like Calz did. Wards last opponent was the brother of one of calzaghes opponents Tucker Pudwill. And its not hard to look like a knockout artist against a Pudwill
            Last edited by Freddy Krueger; 10-31-2009, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
              Can't blame him.

I haven't watched much of Ward at all so it's hard to comment on if he is very good or just good or what....not sure.
              Ward is kind of a prototypical boxer, he uses movement speed and alot of natural ability. his fight against miranda was a step up in competition and he smothered him and fought him on the inside where miranda was basically helpless. He has tightened up his defense because he used to get hit with alot of lackadaisical shots. hes an above average fighter but he hasnt had that career defining fight yet.

i might got to his fight against kessler since its 5 blocks away from me.

Comment

Andre Ward:

Joe Calzaghe:

They remind me of each other, but hell maybe thats just me...

Comment

I'm going to have to catch-up on some fights before I watch Ward-Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                    I'm going to have to catch-up on some fights before I watch Ward-Kessler.
                    i think you should post more threads, this place is a mess.

Comment

Working...
                    X