Where to put pullup bar? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 03-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Prospekt
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 Prospekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,935.69
Default Where to put pullup bar?

In my basement i want to install a pullup bar but i am 6.2 feet and if i install it in my doorway it will be to low. I find it easier to do pullups or chinups if i have to jump to reach the bar and i cannot touch the floor. Does anyone have any ideas of where else inside or outside i could put it or if there is another solution to it all together. Thanx in advance
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-26-2005, 12:15 PM
buff_mike10
Contender

Rep Power: 0 buff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 57,853.00

if you have two trees close together you can connect it to them. The higher the better, so you can come all the way down without touching the ground, and without having to completely bend your knees. I've used tree limbs before to do pullups on.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:47 PM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah

Rep Power: 1572 spinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 27,657.93
Total Points: 20,206,763.29
Send a message via AIM to spinksjinx

Mine is in my closet, I have low celings but I am short. It would be rather difficult for a man of your size unless your ceilings are high to do it in the house.

What kind of bar do you have? Is it just a straight bar with no frame?
Old 03-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Prospekt
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 Prospekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these partsProspekt is infamous around these parts

I haven't gotten a bar yet, i wanted to know where i should put it before i buy one. What type of bar should i get?
Old 03-26-2005, 09:54 PM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah

Rep Power: 1572 spinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospekt
I haven't gotten a bar yet, i wanted to know where i should put it before i buy one. What type of bar should i get?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...entPage=search

I've got one like that, but if your ceilings and doorways are to short you may want to reconsider not getting one unless you are comfortable doing them in a squatting position while coming up.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Prospekt
Up and Comer

Thx for the info
Old 03-26-2005, 10:38 PM
kepsy
Tonting Master

Rep Power: 6741 kepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 103,801.61
Total Points: 10,121,537.20

i got one where you put in a doorway.. it's okay for chin-ups, but it's too narrow to give me a good stretch for my back when i'm doing pull-ups. so i just use the monkey bars in a playground when i'm out for a jog.... yeah i get funny looks from the kids so I go at night if I can
Old 03-26-2005, 11:58 PM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepsy
i got one where you put in a doorway.. it's okay for chin-ups, but it's too narrow to give me a good stretch for my back when i'm doing pull-ups. so i just use the monkey bars in a playground when i'm out for a jog.... yeah i get funny looks from the kids so I go at night if I can

Haha, Awesome I do that to. One morning I was taking a breather and hung from those bars and did situps hanging down and a police man came over and told me I was to big to be playing with the childrens toys and made me get off.....

How is 114 pound man going to hurt a steel bar when 70% of children today are obese and way more than me?
Old 03-27-2005, 12:09 AM
kepsy
Tonting Master

Rep Power: 6741 kepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond reputekepsy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 103,801.61
Total Points: 10,121,537.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx
Haha, Awesome I do that to. One morning I was taking a breather and hung from those bars and did situps hanging down and a police man came over and told me I was to big to be playing with the childrens toys and made me get off.....

How is 114 pound man going to hurt a steel bar when 70% of children today are obese and way more than me?
no sh*t.... he made you go down the bars? wait... were there kids waiting for their turn while you were doing this??
"officer, that bad man won't share the monkey bars........" lmao
Old 03-27-2005, 12:15 AM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepsy
no sh*t.... he made you go down the bars? wait... were there kids waiting for their turn while you were doing this??
"officer, that bad man won't share the monkey bars........" lmao

Yes no their werent any kids around..It was like 5:30 in the morning, he *****ed and yelled about how the park didnt open until 7 and crap like that but their are no fences or gates either....I obeyed like a good citizen, because hey it was 5 am and it was dark. I wasnt about to risk getting the beatdown or arrested for doing my morning workout.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List