Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 10-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Dynamite Kid
Slicker than your average

Rep Power: 57 Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,746,544,878.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Ray Sanchez III

Is that the guy who was stopped by Chavez but was outboxing him, if its the one im thinking of wasn't it an iffy stoppage?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Silencers
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 60 Silencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,376,843,011,324.99
Total Points: 15,376,847,313,415.40
You're a great poster man!  The site is lucky to have you. - abosworth You're my hero!! :D - Spiegelo It's a pleasure to read your posts. - The_Bringer boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez boxingsences best happy xmas man lets drink to a good 1 good health - The Jackal 
Have an apple bro - danc1984 Happy 09 to one of NSB's finest! - KrisSilver Too many good things to say. But in short, a humble &amp;amp; very knowledgeable poster. - J. HITTER One serious poster of BoxingScene FROM: - FasTHarD Have a beer, for one of the best Posters - Golden Boy 360 
Apple for the teacher, - mitruth from one intelligent  person to another ;) - Massage Queen Floyd Mayweather  Greatest fighter of his era - Malcolm. Boxing Scences Finest Happy bithday - The Jackal To one of Boxing Scene's Elite. - Izrock 
For the fight man - The Jackal For one of Boxingscene's finest! - Shadows No Message - Mucus ATG poster - Mucus Have a slice - Juan Gabriel 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Jackal Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Ray Sanchez III

Is that the guy who was stopped by Chavez but was outboxing him, if its the one im thinking of wasn't it an iffy stoppage?
I thought the stoppage was OK, I think Sanchez was actually counted out, but yeah, you could make the case that Sanchez was in front at the time of the stoppage. Maybe you were thinking of the Jose Celaya fight where Celaya was arguably outboxing Chavez but quit when he went down in the 8th.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Dynamite Kid

Rep Power: 57 Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencers View Post
I thought the stoppage was OK, I think Sanchez was actually counted out, but yeah, you could make the case that Sanchez was in front at the time of the stoppage. Maybe you were thinking of the Jose Celaya fight where Celaya was arguably outboxing Chavez but quit when he went down in the 8th.
Yes, thats the one........Celaya.

I might be wrong here but i think that might! have been the night Morrison was apparently supposed to fight, although i cant remember.

I did see the Sanchez fight but i cant remember how it went.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:49 PM
mhager91490
Contender

Rep Power: 6 mhager91490 will become famous soon enoughmhager91490 will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 48,214.87

Add a few more:

Jackson Bonsu-Carlos Baldomir
Gary St. Clair-Jackson Asiku
Frankie Mitchell-Brian Mitchell
Frankie Mitchell-Bryant Paden
Julio Cesar Chavez-Adriano Arreola
Old 10-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Silencers
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 60 Silencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond repute
You're a great poster man!  The site is lucky to have you. - abosworth You're my hero!! :D - Spiegelo It's a pleasure to read your posts. - The_Bringer boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez boxingsences best happy xmas man lets drink to a good 1 good health - The Jackal 
Have an apple bro - danc1984 Happy 09 to one of NSB's finest! - KrisSilver Too many good things to say. But in short, a humble &amp;amp; very knowledgeable poster. - J. HITTER One serious poster of BoxingScene FROM: - FasTHarD Have a beer, for one of the best Posters - Golden Boy 360 
Apple for the teacher, - mitruth from one intelligent  person to another ;) - Massage Queen Floyd Mayweather  Greatest fighter of his era - Malcolm. Boxing Scences Finest Happy bithday - The Jackal To one of Boxing Scene's Elite. - Izrock 
For the fight man - The Jackal For one of Boxingscene's finest! - Shadows No Message - Mucus ATG poster - Mucus Have a slice - Juan Gabriel 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Jackal Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 

Quote:
Yes, thats the one........Celaya.

I might be wrong here but i think that might! have been the night Morrison was apparently supposed to fight, although i cant remember.

I did see the Sanchez fight but i cant remember how it went.
Yeah, that's the one. I remember asking after the fight whether Morrison fought at all, apparently the Mexican commission refused to allow him to fight on TV or something so they had him fight after the show went off the air I think.

It was a very good fight, good back and forth exchanges, Chavez took quite a lot of shots and might have been behind on the cards but was doing damage himself until he got to Sanchez.

Quote:
It was a really good fight imo, you should deffo watch that if you can get your hands on it. I was shocked to, but having said that Lindsay does have some slick skills, i must say i like you still expected Appleby to win though. Appleby has no regard for defence it seems, he thinks overwhelming you with his aggression & activity is all it takes.

I read about the Williams fight and all the controversy but i never actually watched it yet.
It was a good heavyweight fight with or without the controversy but yeah, there was quite a bit of controversy for the fight, it was clearly stacked against Williams but he overcame that and won anyways.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Silencers
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhager91490 View Post
Add a few more:

Jackson Bonsu-Carlos Baldomir
Gary St. Clair-Jackson Asiku
Frankie Mitchell-Brian Mitchell
Frankie Mitchell-Bryant Paden
Julio Cesar Chavez-Adriano Arreola
Jackson Bonsu's fight against Selcuk Aydin was really good too.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:14 PM
mhager91490
Contender

Rep Power: 6 mhager91490 will become famous soon enoughmhager91490 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencers View Post
Jackson Bonsu's fight against Selcuk Aydin was really good too.
I'll have to check it out.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Hagler★
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Hagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,937,031,168.78
Total Points: 1,940,068,528.03

I quite liked James Toney vs Evander Holyfield
Old 10-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Dynamite Kid

Tony Lopez vs Brian Mitchell needs adding to any of these lists, great! fight.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:03 PM
mhager91490
Contender

Quote:
Tony Lopez vs Brian Mitchell needs adding to any of these lists, great! fight.
Along with Lopez's trilogy with John-John Molina, all of them were good fights, as well as his fight with Jorge Paez.