Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-18-2009, 08:26 PM
P4P Opinion
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 P4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 168,412,007,721.25
Total Points: 168,419,899,399.15
Good poster. Thanks. - Silencers 
Default Enough with the Bull**** - Froch vs Dirrell was not a Robbery

Now, it's justifiable to say that Dirrell won by up to two rounds, but to call a fight that was that scrappy a robbery is just plain melodramatic. I gave it to Froch by a round personally. In my opinion Dirrell could have won the fight if he'd been more active in the earlier rounds. Froch couldn't handle his speed, but Dirrell only took advantage of it seriously later in the fight. Dirrell left the early rounds very close and with close rounds judges will often (rightly or wrongly) give the round to the aggressor and everyone knows it. He has no excuses. His attitude was so negative for a lot of the fight and his holding was excessive. Not that I'm really praising Froch, who had little success with anything other than the jab, which he periodically abandoned with frustration. Froch was aggressive though and landed some decent shots on the inside that the Showtime crew in particular didn't give any credit for. Against a more active fighter Froch would have lost. Dirrell showed some devastating accuracy in the later rounds and boxed Froch to pieces at times, just a shame he didn't do it earlier.

The term robbery should be reserved for fights in which decisions are beyond even reasonable doubt. This was not a robbery, it was at worst a bad decision if you gave it to Dirrell.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Pugilistic™
Underrated

Rep Power: 30 Pugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,622,487,364,922.12
Total Points: 24,622,488,372,167.42
You the man.  Thanks again for the video - Spiegelo Thanks for the GIF and its perfect too - slicksouthpaw16 Gifs :D - T-97 a toast. to the greatest idiot ever......flawless. - Left Hook Tua Have a cookie you helpful bastard - Spiegelo 
5K Post Award (from a white guy who people think is black to another white guy who people think is black) - DWiens421 5k. Congrats. - Silencers have a piece of my favorite cake! - steelhead have a piece of my favorite cake! - steelhead I support underage drinkin homey - mangler 
Have a tuna melt homey - mangler Good/great posters deserve recognition! - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Froch got a gift.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Pullcounter
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,381,436.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 

8-4 Dirrell...

He got robbed.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Iceta
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Iceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 275,473.72
Gettin your collection started - mangler You need some beer man - mangler Merry Xmas - mangler 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Childhood Cancer - mangler 

And another thing too. Why do people keep complaining about Froch hitting in the back of the head and slamming Dirrell down? I'd feel like doing that too, if someone kept holding and clinching me like a fairy. I would've scored those knees as knockdowns too. That's the rule in boxing when you voluntarily go to a knee you are supposed to get an eight count and the judges make the round 10-8 or 10-7 or whatever. That rule should've applied there and it didn't.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Pullcounter
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceta View Post
And another thing too. Why do people keep complaining about Froch hitting in the back of the head and slamming Dirrell down? I'd feel like doing that too, if someone kept holding and clinching me like a fairy. I would've scored those knees as knockdowns too. That's the rule in boxing when you voluntarily go to a knee you are supposed to get an eight count and the judges make the round 10-8 or 10-7 or whatever. That rule should've applied there and it didn't.
Froch had him in headlocks or was pushing him down with his forearm... Crotch is a good mma fighter.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Iceta
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Iceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond reputeIceta has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 275,473.72
Gettin your collection started - mangler You need some beer man - mangler Merry Xmas - mangler 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Childhood Cancer - mangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullcounter View Post
Froch had him in headlocks or was pushing him down with his forearm... Crotch is a good mma fighter.
I'm saying that if Dirrell had not clinched, Froch wouldn't have done that. I'm not the biggest Froch fan on this site. But I can't have any sympathy for a guy who did more running and clinching than fighting. When you do that, it is called non-fighting.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Syf
KO Artist

Rep Power: 21 Syf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,607,062,008,010.37
Total Points: 1,607,062,043,594.38
WAR Maidana! - LoadedWraps The Maidana Team - LoadedWraps For ownage and all the great post in the Maidan/Floyd thread - Dinamita 03 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullcounter View Post
Lyoto Machida would end him
Old 10-18-2009, 08:41 PM
savorduhflavor
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 28 savorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 767,377,401,750.89
Total Points: 867,398,680,937.23
Good post in my thread man.  Have a gift. - ABOSWORTH :fing02:  i couldnt remember how it happened but i remember him bleeding from the ear! thanks - mellow_mood I wish more Cotto fans were like you. - street bully Good poster - Old Coward great poster - Dick Buffman 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - VictoriaBeckham 

That was a robbery. Dirrell won...and I don't like Dirrell. It was clear as day.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Pullcounter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceta View Post
I'm saying that if Dirrell had not clinched, Froch wouldn't have done that. I'm not the biggest Froch fan on this site. But I can't have any sympathy for a guy who did more running and clinching than fighting. When you do that, it is called non-fighting.
yeah, the clinching makes it unbearable to watch again, but dirrell didn't lose that fight.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:44 PM
P4P Opinion
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 P4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 168,412,007,721.25
Total Points: 168,419,899,399.15
Good poster. Thanks. - Silencers 

Quote:
Originally Posted by savorduhflavor View Post
That was a robbery. Dirrell won...and I don't like Dirrell. It was clear as day.
I don't particularly like Froch - his style is far too ugly to make my favourite fighter list - but it was a close fight. Even the horribly biased Showtime crew had it as being a close fight. I'm not telling anyone Froch definately won, although I think he just scraped it by the margin of the deducted point.