Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apologies on behalf of all Green Teefs everywhere...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies on behalf of all Green Teefs everywhere...

... disgusting officiating that allowed Froch to fight so dirty he put Hatton and Hopkins to shame.

And a decision (though where were the judges from? I'll look it up in a sec... they weren't British judges, were they?) that was... just wrong.

Froch was awful tonight. I appreciate he's never silky smooth and Ray Robinsonesque, but this was the first time I'd seen Dirrell and I was VERY impressed.

I gave Froch 4 rounds at best, even with the bogus point deduction (and why wasn't Carl deducted points????) there's NO WAY I had him winning that fight.

I always argue about this "you'll never win a decision abroad" **** I hear from Yanks but f*** me.

Dirrell was masterful, a disgraceful decision. Sorry.

From what I saw I don't disagree, except about Dirrell being "masterful." This was the same Dirrell that got booed out of the stadium two years ago for excessive negative fighting in his major television debut and had to work back from obscurity as a result.

Comment

The guy's speed and reflexes were superb at times IMO. I admit he got a bit grabby towards the end, but the only way Froch won that is if they scored rabbit punches.

The only thing about Froch that impressed me was his chin. Dirrell might not be a major power puncher but to get caught flush so often and not look like getting KD'd, let alone KO'd (though he did seem to go at the end of ISTR the tenth) is pretty impressive.

Comment

dirrell deserved to win. he only has himself to blame.

even though he won froch was severely outclassed in there.

hopefully this teaches dirrell to change how he fights.

the boy has some skills and talent.

i'm a little worried for abraham now......dirrell is next for him and that might not be a good matchup for arthur style wise.

Comment

Tomorrow I'm going to bump threads from after Dirrell's fight with Curtis Stevens. The guy won all ten rounds but alienated himself from the entire boxing public in America. He would have done the same tonight if he'd gotten the nod. His reflexes are good, sure, but he was not boxing well, he was flat-out retreating.

Comment

wonderful speed and reflexes from Dirrell, but the guy wont trade. He's a world champion in waiting, no doubt, and all the luck to him going forward.

I just wish he would trade some more, all that tap dancing got very frustrating to watch, and im sure the judges scored it to Froch as he appeared the aggressor, something that often sways a judges decision.

on skills along Dirrell won all night, no question.

on wanting to come and fight, get involved and trade, it was Froch.

guess it just depends which side of that fence you tend to sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
              dirrell deserved to win. he only has himself to blame.

even though he won froch was severely outclassed in there.

hopefully this teaches dirrell to change how he fights.

the boy has some skills and talent.

i'm a little worried for abraham now......dirrell is next for him and that might not be a good matchup for arthur style wise.
              I was thinking the opposite... the only negative I had for Dirrell is that whenever Froch did manage to land clean (all three times in twelve rounds) he did seem to go momentarily stiff. We could be in a for lollercaust as Abraham allows him to win all 11 rounds, then...

Comment

Originally posted by Butterball View Post
                I was thinking the opposite... the only negative I had for Dirrell is that whenever Froch did manage to land clean (all three times in twelve rounds) he did seem to go momentarily stiff. We could be in a for lollercaust as Abraham allows him to win all 11 rounds, then...
                the ref was ****e today.

dirrell was whining too much though.

if dirrell just fought he would have an easy win.

Comment

Froch got away with a shocking amount of dirty tactics... maybe they scored the fight on rabbit punches?

What did we think of his girlfriend's boobs?

Comment

direll could've won easier if he let his hands go more... froch was so slow and so open.

still... dirrell got robbed.

Comment

Working...
                    X