Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-10-2009, 02:45 AM
!! Shawn
!! Shown

Rep Power: 44 !! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 332,055,287,685.29
Total Points: 395,459,070,009.40
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = <3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites> Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bringer View Post
You forgot to mention his chin, his stamina, his dedication, and his precision.

His defense was lacking somewhat but his chin more than made up for that.

Regardless of your personal opinion ; the general concensus from most boxing insiders was that Robinson was at his best at Welterweight. You say he was at his best at Middleweight? That's fine.

But I feel much more comfortable taking it from the men who were there to witness it, rather than you.

No offense.

Why take my opinion? The footage speaks for itself. That is not how the greatest of all time looks against a Mediocre at best Middleweight who punches like a lightweight.

Remember, Jake LaMotta made a grand total of 1 title defense, and he picked up the strap because Marcel Cerdan quit on his stool with an arm injury, Vitali style... Not a world beater in the least...

SRR was a great fighter for his time, but he is WAY over blown, especially considering some of the real technicians of the time such as Pep and Walcott, and Moore
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-10-2009, 03:05 AM
▀ringer
F*ck Subtlety

Rep Power: 368 ▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,183,896,836,379,286,528.00
Total Points: 2,183,896,836,469,393,920.00
The_Bringer - TBear sup - TBear super - TBear super Bringer - TBear man of steel! - TBear 
man of steel! - TBear thumbs up - TBear The_Bringer - TBear mas - TBear mas - TBear 
The_Man - TBear superman'd - TBear No Message - Fresno I so wnted to send you karma for a post you made, that I just read. I can't though, so this is the next best thing :lol1: - Bossy i see you are mad at me, lol, be calm, be cool, i am not your enemy, lol, your a guy who thinks too much, lol, take care my good pal - Tha_Greatest 
please rate my avy bro - MANIAC310 Thanks brother - Strictly_UG I'm just a 35 year old hanging out here for some laughs and I must say I've never laughed so hard at those the basically roast you did especially MEAT's much respect on your EXECUTION skills - jose830 You the man. - Fistic Cheers man,hot dog and a beer on me - Scott.Weiland 
Head and Neck Cancer - mangler Childhood Cancer - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - street bully 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - street bully Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - street bully Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Jim Jeffries Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 
Head and Neck Cancer - MANGLER Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - MANGLER Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Scott.Weiland 

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! Shawn View Post

Why take my opinion? The footage speaks for itself. That is not how the greatest of all time looks against a Mediocre at best Middleweight who punches like a lightweight.

Remember, Jake LaMotta made a grand total of 1 title defense, and he picked up the strap because Marcel Cerdan quit on his stool with an arm injury, Vitali style... Not a world beater in the least...

SRR was a great fighter for his time, but he is WAY over blown, especially considering some of the real technicians of the time such as Pep and Walcott, and Moore
I would certainly agree that Ray didn't look his best in that one, and I didn't think he really looked amazing in half of the footage I've seen of him vs. LaMotta, either.

He may be overblown a bit, but Jesus Christ ; what fighter isn't? Look at all of this Pacquiao/Armstrong **** that sprung up post-Hatton.

On the whole though I think his skill level and quality of work is on par, if not better than anybody else's.

Though I will concur with you on Walcott and Moore being more skillful. Pep I never got the chance to see, save for a few youtube videos but not enough to make any sort of valid observation.

But skill is only one part of the equation, there's also longevity, quality of opposition, and a ****load of other things to consider.

Regardless ; it's all mere speculation and opinion anyway.

But for my $0.02, Robinson's combinations, speed, accuracy, power, and footwork were truly breath taking.

Do you at least consider him ahead of his time?

How do you think he would fare against today's crop of top Welterweights?
Old 10-10-2009, 03:08 AM
!! Shawn
!! Shown

Rep Power: 44 !! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 332,055,287,685.29
Total Points: 395,459,070,009.40
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = &lt;3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites&gt; Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bringer View Post
You forgot to mention his chin, his stamina, his dedication, and his precision.

His defense was lacking somewhat but his chin more than made up for that.

Regardless of your personal opinion ; the general concensus from most boxing insiders was that Robinson was at his best at Welterweight. You say he was at his best at Middleweight? That's fine.

But I feel much more comfortable taking it from the men who were there to witness it, rather than you.

No offense.
No, I mentioned all those when I said he was a SSM clone.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:09 AM
joartcc5
Banned

Rep Power: 0 joartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 65,758.84
this normaly helps to calm u down i heard u little angry man lol - DiLLiNGER its gonna be alrite sunshine. - DiLLiNGER your favorite toy - DiLLiNGER 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - DiLLiNGER Gay and Lesbian Pride - Bea5T 

Quote:
Originally Posted by street bully View Post

Pay due homage, *****es.
Im better than Sugar Ray Robinson

- Fake Fraud Gayweather.

Sugar Ray Robinson got losses, Im undefeated

- Fake Coward Gayweather.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:12 AM
▀ringer
F*ck Subtlety

Rep Power: 368 ▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,183,896,836,379,286,528.00
Total Points: 2,183,896,836,469,393,920.00
The_Bringer - TBear sup - TBear super - TBear super Bringer - TBear man of steel! - TBear 
man of steel! - TBear thumbs up - TBear The_Bringer - TBear mas - TBear mas - TBear 
The_Man - TBear superman'd - TBear No Message - Fresno I so wnted to send you karma for a post you made, that I just read. I can't though, so this is the next best thing :lol1: - Bossy i see you are mad at me, lol, be calm, be cool, i am not your enemy, lol, your a guy who thinks too much, lol, take care my good pal - Tha_Greatest 
please rate my avy bro - MANIAC310 Thanks brother - Strictly_UG I'm just a 35 year old hanging out here for some laughs and I must say I've never laughed so hard at those the basically roast you did especially MEAT's much respect on your EXECUTION skills - jose830 You the man. - Fistic Cheers man,hot dog and a beer on me - Scott.Weiland 
Head and Neck Cancer - mangler Childhood Cancer - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - street bully 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - street bully Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - street bully Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Jim Jeffries Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 
Head and Neck Cancer - MANGLER Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - MANGLER Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Scott.Weiland 

Quote:
No, I mentioned all those when I said he was a SSM clone.
If you really believe that though ; doesn't that make SSM a SRR clone?

Considering SRR came first, and all?
Old 10-10-2009, 03:43 AM
-EX-
King Of The Trading Block

Rep Power: 57 -EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,057,862,414,037.07
Total Points: 2,112,063,348,101.46
Thx man, i'm out of k for you but this will do, points will follow! - Tu Pai Earned yourself a nice cold one. Always comin thru in the clutch haha thanks homey - Natedatpkid King of Trading Block! - Tu Pai for the man of the downloads thread.... - BritishBoxing92 Upload Lord! - The Surgeon 
you really are the king of the trading block! - Tha Executioner Thanks a ton for always providing the links! - chiguy91 thanks once again bro! - chiguy91 King of the Trading Block - Toney Loc For the Movies - garryx2013 
No Message - EdMon917 No Message - EdMon917 Thanks for the uploads bro! - komodo couldn't green you atm, thanks again. - chiguy91 thnx for upload - Teddy Brenner 
For all your contributions to the trading block. You are a fucking legend! - Smelly Panda All hail to the King! - Smelly Panda thanks for the Soto Karass-Berto video - Freedom2013 Thanks for the HD Videos - Ragnarok Long live a king of the Trading Block. - PittyPat 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - deliveryman Childhood Cancer - hishaam15 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - garryx2013 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - chiguy91 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - chiguy91 

Good video...that whole Jimmy Doyle thing was crazy
Old 10-10-2009, 03:48 AM
KILLA RIGHT
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 KILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeKILLA RIGHT has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,942,010.87
A toast to another Cotto victory! - The Surgeon 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 

Shawn who the fuk is better? Ssm hahahaha he took roids srr never did........
Old 10-10-2009, 03:50 AM
joartcc5
Banned

Rep Power: 0 joartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these partsjoartcc5 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 65,758.84
this normaly helps to calm u down i heard u little angry man lol - DiLLiNGER its gonna be alrite sunshine. - DiLLiNGER your favorite toy - DiLLiNGER 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - DiLLiNGER Gay and Lesbian Pride - Bea5T 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
Shawn who the fuk is better? Ssm hahahaha he took roids srr never did........
Gayweather is better... or so he says.

He's undefeated. SRR has losses.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:54 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 60 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,241,086,391,540.57
Total Points: 53,271,319,504,246.32
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:

There is a lot more to boxing than being a technician. Like it or not, Robinson beat much greater fighters and a lot more of them than any of the guys you mentioned.

That means he is the greatest, not because of his skills or anything but because he beat the best opposition and more of them than anyone else.

Anyway, I think you're missing a hell of a lot of what Robinson did.

Unlike Mosley, and this was easily one of Robinson's greatest weapons, he had an amazing jab that he used upstairs, downstairs, up and down. I think he had one of the best jabs to the body. A real stiff jab straight to the pit of belly. Mosley doesn't even have a jab and can't defend against one. Robinson could.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:58 AM
Frank Martin
The Transporter

Rep Power: 11 Frank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 98,940.71
to start your collection bro - JM1 

Why basing his lose on LaMotta? He beat him quickly in their rematch Pwill style.