Wilfredo Vasquez vs Orlando Canizales Who won - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 10-09-2009, 02:03 PM #1
Slicker than your average

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,747,074,828.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 
Default Wilfredo Vasquez vs Orlando Canizales Who won

Wilfredo Vasquez vs Orlando Canizales Who won ?

I thought Vasquez just shaded it on cleaner punches landed, Canizales did a lot of jumping up and down on his toes and he was dictating the pace but he was not being that effective landing and the shots he was landing he was taking counters from Vasquez who was more economical but made his punches count.

Its strange when you score a fight because the audience and commentators tend to get sucked into the atmosphere, the commentators also cannot observe everything goes on in a round imo, because talking when you are watching a fight does!! distract you slightly, so i believe sometimes commentators pick the guy who has been dictating the pace and they dont watch closely enough sometimes for whats actually landing and whats not landing.

Its like someone said before you dont get points for direction of motion "forcing the fight" but some people do subscribe to this criteria so should you score on that to.

That said it was an extremely difficult fight to score and it was very close.

Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 10-09-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Dynamite Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-09-2009, 11:45 PM #2
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mhager91490 will become famous soon enoughmhager91490 will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 54,060.87

You are right that it was hard to score, I also thought that Vasquez won by a hair, I think his strength and punching power kind of offset Canizales over the first half but Canizales rallied admirably though in the latter stages and made it very close. I scored it for Vasquez the first time I watched it but a case could be made for Canizales.

Gonzalez-Kelley stole the show that night though, does anyone remember the Gab N Jab on the pre-show with Canizales and Kelley, I thought that was hilarious.

Last edited by mhager91490; 10-09-2009 at 11:49 PM.
mhager91490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:06 PM #3
Slicker than your average

Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,747,074,828.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhager91490 View Post
You are right that it was hard to score, I also thought that Vasquez won by a hair, I think his strength and punching power kind of offset Canizales over the first half but Canizales rallied admirably though in the latter stages and made it very close. I scored it for Vasquez the first time I watched it but a case could be made for Canizales.

Gonzalez-Kelley stole the show that night though, does anyone remember the Gab N Jab on the pre-show with Canizales and Kelley, I thought that was hilarious.

Yeah i saw it the same way, Vasquez was just a but more effective early in the fight but Canizales did come on towards the end.

Yeah i saw that "Im Kevin Kelly the Featherweight Champion of the World" lol

Great fight that was, i was surprised Kelly's trainer pulled him out even though his eye was shut.
Dynamite Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:01 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Silencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,646,295,216,531,479.25
Total Points: 1,646,295,220,927,686.00
You're a great poster man!  The site is lucky to have you. - abosworth You're my hero!! :D - Spiegelo It's a pleasure to read your posts. - The_Bringer boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez boxingsences best happy xmas man lets drink to a good 1 good health - The Jackal 
Have an apple bro - danc1984 Happy 09 to one of NSB's finest! - KrisSilver Too many good things to say. But in short, a humble &amp;amp; very knowledgeable poster. - J. HITTER One serious poster of BoxingScene FROM: - FasTHarD Have a beer, for one of the best Posters - Golden Boy 360 
Apple for the teacher, - mitruth from one intelligent  person to another ;) - Massage Queen Floyd Mayweather  Greatest fighter of his era - Malcolm. Boxing Scences Finest Happy bithday - The Jackal To one of Boxing Scene's Elite. - Izrock 
For the fight man - The Jackal For one of Boxingscene's finest! - Shadows No Message - Mucus ATG poster - Mucus Have a slice - Juan Gabriel 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Jackal Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 

I had Canizales winning the fight but I have no problems with people having Vasquez winning, it was pretty close.
Silencers is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
canizales, orlando, vasquez, wilfredo

User Tag List