Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 10-03-2009, 02:13 PM
CCobra
66-6-11 (51KOS)

Rep Power: 6 CCobra will become famous soon enoughCCobra will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,047.36
Default Packey McFarland

I've been researching this ATG fighter of late. He was a terrific fighter and arguably one of the greatest to have never been crowned World Champion. Here is what Cyberboxing has to say about him..

Quote:
McFarland was one of the greatest fighters that Chicago ever produced; He was an all-time great; Packey was a devastating puncher when he chose to hit but usually fought carefully with a clever boxing style that perplexed even the smartest of fighters

McFarland never had the opportunity to fight for a world title; His problem was that (1) his best fighting weight was around 138 pounds and he was unable to easily make the Lightweight limit of 133 pounds and (2) the lighter champions did not want to fight him; Since there was no Junior Welterweight title in his day, he was out of luck

Nonetheless, McFarland defeated a number of outstanding fighters such as Leach Cross, "Cyclone" Johnny Thompson, Freddie Welsh, Jimmy Britt and Jack Britton (newspaper decision)

McFarland retired from the ring, invested his money wisely and lived comfortably; His most notable post-retirement boxing achievement came in working with and developing the young Barney Ross, who ultimately became another great fighter from the Windy City; Packey was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 1992
Here is an excellent write up on the great fighter.

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/L...yMcFarland.htm
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-03-2009, 02:40 PM
mickey malone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,109,580,837.42
Total Points: 2,119,806,219.97
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

Never knocked out in well over 100 fights, and probably one of the best fighters never to win the title.. Came within a whisker in his one and only opportunity, boxing out a draw with Freddie Welsh..

As the poster rightly says, he was the 'who wants him?' of boxing.. Due to his unpredictable style, he was avoided like the plague.. He could out punch boxers and out box punchers in equal measures.. A particularly rare breed indeed..

Had a convo with GJC on this guy a few weeks ago.. Neither of us could work out why he never fought Battling Nelson who prided himself on fighting all comers...
They were the same weight, with both careers running almost simultaneously..

Anyone know WHY they never fought?... They must of had nearly 300 fights between them, but never faced each other...
Old 10-03-2009, 03:52 PM
BattlingNelson
Battet

Rep Power: 532 BattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 389,410,989,165,809.12
Total Points: 389,410,989,289,209.62
Congrats... - Spacey1991 stole your gif I liked it too much Bat sorry... - LEFTYGUNZZ my heart beats for Kessler!! - cleaner147 congats on 15,000 posts, you're one of the best !! - JAB5239 good luck in the league, you'll need it :) - El Mustang 
for being a cool poster in history section - led BattlingNelson &amp;gt; LeCrétin - Freedom Fighter A man who has superior boxing knowledge &amp;amp; integrity. - Terry A ATG poster on BoxingScene - rorymac Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Have one on me ! - BERNIE'S CORNER he was just lucky! - gingeralbino Merry Christmas Bat. I hope you and yours have a wonderful one. - deanrw Jeg giver en omgang - The Slaughter No Message - chiguy91 
I like your unbiased RBRs! - dan_cov Cuz' I'm an old masochist &lt;3 - Grand Champ Happy holidays buddy! - jazluvr &quot;When I'm able to clap, I know she's ready for my dick.&quot; lmao - -jose- For being one of the true &quot;boxing guys&quot; in this place. - Cuauhtémoc1520 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - mangler Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Carnivore Childhood Cancer - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - peyk-peyk World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - peyk-peyk Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - nÔÔb_out_king 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey malone View Post
Never knocked out in well over 100 fights, and probably one of the best fighters never to win the title.. Came within a whisker in his one and only opportunity, boxing out a draw with Freddie Welsh..

As the poster rightly says, he was the 'who wants him?' of boxing.. Due to his unpredictable style, he was avoided like the plague.. He could out punch boxers and out box punchers in equal measures.. A particularly rare breed indeed..

Had a convo with GJC on this guy a few weeks ago.. Neither of us could work out why he never fought Battling Nelson who prided himself on fighting all comers...
They were the same weight, with both careers running almost simultaneously..

Anyone know WHY they never fought?... They must of had nearly 300 fights between them, but never faced each other...
McFarland defeated Dick Hyland in 1910 one year after Nelson defended his world title against the man. McFarland also beat Owen Moran less than 6 months after Moran became the only man to beat Nelson by KO.

So McFarland was definetely world class at the time Nelson was so it's odd that they never squared off in the ring.

I checked some of the old papers and this is a piece from 1909 where it's clear that Mcfarland was looking for Bat:

"...Harry Gilmore, who is here looking after McFarland's interests, says that the man he is after is Battling Nelson, but as there is not a chance of getting the champion this month lie would be willing to let his man go against any other lightweight the local promoters
might get for February. Murphy would be glad to -tackle McFarland, but there is certain to be a hitch over weights. McFarland has intimated that he would, hold out for 135 pounds, as he would not care to go through a severe course of training for a boxer outside of Nelson.

McFarland will remain in the city some time in the hope of getting a match with Nelson. The Battler will come out this way soon, and there is little doubt that he will accommodate McFarland if the latter will consent to meet him in a long contest; which the public has come to recognize as the correct manner in deciding the championship."

A few days later The San Francisco Call writes that Nelson is willing to defend against Mcfarland provided that it'll be 45 rounds or more and that the weight would be 133 lbs ringside. The paper states that: "...while McFarland's
recent statements and actions are leading everybody to believe that
he can never hope to make 133 pounds a few minutes before the first gong
of a championship battle with Nelson."

So this indicates that weight was a concern in terms of a shot at Nelson during his championship reign.

Regarding why McFarland didn't get a titleshot at a later champion I know that Ad Wolgast, who suceeded Nelson, was in heavy negotiations for a defense against Packey but that the two boxers managers couldn't come to terms.
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/....&pqatl=google

Other articles, where I can only read abstracts, indicate that a contract had been signed.

At this time I cannot look into the matter any further, although it would be quite interesting to find out why a fight never came about.

I'm tired. Perhaps some other poster will do some more research?
Old 10-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Oasis_Lad
Banned

Rep Power: 21591 Oasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond reputeOasis_Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 107,685,775,909.33
Total Points: 21,000,108,685,801,024.00
a cake for one of those big titted girls to jum out of. - JAB5239 I know your fimiliar with this, boy - Mucus Apple - ßreakbeat Vaniity - Spray_resistant much love - -Jack- 
No Message - -veteran420- merry xmas - Subtraction beer for you buddy - -pound4pound- welcome back... - BritishBoxing92 Merry Christmas - Flab 
Happy new year! - Toney Loc Fancy a bum? - Tuggers1986 Some of those gifs you be posting are funny ass hell, except the guy initiating the other one in triggs group :rofl: - jose830 Make yourself look pretty, I want to see lipstick around my cock - Master Cvnt GIF Thread: Distinguished Service Medal - Barnburner 
legendary poster!! - PaulieGualtieri I be loving them gifs you post :fing02: - jose830 Miguel Cotto Gifs :wank: - jose830 some popcorn for the gif king - E.P.T. Happy holidays, Lad! - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - shobox Gay and Lesbian Pride - RiΖO Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - PensionKiller Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - S a m u r a i 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - LeeVanCleef Gay and Lesbian Pride - INSECT Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Ether 

Another one of the forgotten greats like Tucan McGinty. Although, sadly, a lot of records were lost on Tucan.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:23 PM
mickey malone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,109,580,837.42
Total Points: 2,119,806,219.97
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattlingNelson View Post
McFarland defeated Dick Hyland in 1910 one year after Nelson defended his world title against the man. McFarland also beat Owen Moran less than 6 months after Moran became the only man to beat Nelson by KO.

So McFarland was definetely world class at the time Nelson was so it's odd that they never squared off in the ring.

I checked some of the old papers and this is a piece from 1909 where it's clear that Mcfarland was looking for Bat:

"...Harry Gilmore, who is here looking after McFarland's interests, says that the man he is after is Battling Nelson, but as there is not a chance of getting the champion this month lie would be willing to let his man go against any other lightweight the local promoters
might get for February. Murphy would be glad to -tackle McFarland, but there is certain to be a hitch over weights. McFarland has intimated that he would, hold out for 135 pounds, as he would not care to go through a severe course of training for a boxer outside of Nelson.

McFarland will remain in the city some time in the hope of getting a match with Nelson. The Battler will come out this way soon, and there is little doubt that he will accommodate McFarland if the latter will consent to meet him in a long contest; which the public has come to recognize as the correct manner in deciding the championship."

A few days later The San Francisco Call writes that Nelson is willing to defend against Mcfarland provided that it'll be 45 rounds or more and that the weight would be 133 lbs ringside. The paper states that: "...while McFarland's
recent statements and actions are leading everybody to believe that
he can never hope to make 133 pounds a few minutes before the first gong
of a championship battle with Nelson."

So this indicates that weight was a concern in terms of a shot at Nelson during his championship reign.

Regarding why McFarland didn't get a titleshot at a later champion I know that Ad Wolgast, who suceeded Nelson, was in heavy negotiations for a defense against Packey but that the two boxers managers couldn't come to terms.
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/....&pqatl=google

Other articles, where I can only read abstracts, indicate that a contract had been signed.

At this time I cannot look into the matter any further, although it would be quite interesting to find out why a fight never came about.

I'm tired. Perhaps some other poster will do some more research?
Many thanks!... It appears he was indeed, a feared opponent...
Old 10-03-2009, 04:41 PM
GJC
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 GJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,020,399.65
Total Points: 2,059,872.96
To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage good poster - Counter right Excellent Poster. - Barnburner A cold pint for a knowlegeable old bastard - The Surgeon Super-Poster-- from McG - McGoorty 
You look like you need a proper DRINK - McGoorty This stuff should help the faculties - McGoorty Rest in peace old friend! - JAB5239 

My understanding was that McFarland was more of a cutter than a devastating puncher. He had great footwork and could move in and out of range slashing opponents. Re Nelson Packy was quite tall for a LW and could get down to 135 at a pinch but Nelson only wanted him at 133, Nelson was too brave to duck anyone but I think Mcfarland had a habit of making opponents look clumsy so maybe he took a pass. Sounds a bit of a Herol Graham type one phrase was that he couldn't be hit with a horsewhip. Guess if there was an advert for junior weight titles it would be McFarland. Retired at 27 on the end of an 11 year undefeated streak after losing one fight as a kid. Surely must be in the mix as one of the greatest not to win a title and it is nice that he is still remembered.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:21 PM
TheGreatA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 42 TheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 128,040,286,795.65
Total Points: 129,040,530,189.51
To a great poster!! - abosworth great poster. - Melly-Mel For finding the Guzman stream, when nobody else could. - The_Bringer Just wanted to keep the pattern going Machine - danc1984 One of NSBs best contributors - BostonGuy 
7000 posts, congrats!! - JAB5239 To the LinkMaster! - S a m u r a i Respects to a great poster - Gift Of Gab Props on the picture! :lol1: - Spacey1991 Jussi Jääskeläinen - ЯiZО 
For Busting Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 To Celebrate The Exposure Of Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 thanks for the lesson! - mellow_mood This gift is for the videos you posted on my Tyson/Patterson thread a while back.  I recently noticed you posted some great interview videos of Patterson on the thread which I missed at the time because I didn’t follow up on checking the responses. - Benny Leonard For doing a great Glen Johnson highlight video! - St Lion 
To a great historian - Stoppage Good debate. No hard feelings. - Method Checker HERES TO YOU LEFTY - markbnlv Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen No Message - dancovboxer 
Hepatitis C - BattlingNelson World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MARKBNLV 

Old 10-03-2009, 05:30 PM
BattlingNelson
Battet

Rep Power: 532 BattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 389,410,989,165,809.12
Total Points: 389,410,989,289,209.62
Congrats... - Spacey1991 stole your gif I liked it too much Bat sorry... - LEFTYGUNZZ my heart beats for Kessler!! - cleaner147 congats on 15,000 posts, you're one of the best !! - JAB5239 good luck in the league, you'll need it :) - El Mustang 
for being a cool poster in history section - led BattlingNelson &amp;gt; LeCrétin - Freedom Fighter A man who has superior boxing knowledge &amp;amp; integrity. - Terry A ATG poster on BoxingScene - rorymac Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Have one on me ! - BERNIE'S CORNER he was just lucky! - gingeralbino Merry Christmas Bat. I hope you and yours have a wonderful one. - deanrw Jeg giver en omgang - The Slaughter No Message - chiguy91 
I like your unbiased RBRs! - dan_cov Cuz' I'm an old masochist &lt;3 - Grand Champ Happy holidays buddy! - jazluvr &quot;When I'm able to clap, I know she's ready for my dick.&quot; lmao - -jose- For being one of the true &quot;boxing guys&quot; in this place. - Cuauhtémoc1520 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - mangler Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Carnivore Childhood Cancer - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - peyk-peyk World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - peyk-peyk Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - nÔÔb_out_king 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatA View Post

I find it odd that the commentator calls this fight as being for the world lightweight title when Ad Wolgast definetely was the real champion at the time. According to boxrec the fight was for the so-called 'british version' of the title.

I guess disputed champions is no new invention