how long would it take to start boxing? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 09-30-2009, 01:29 PM
jiminy cricket
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,854.53
Default how long would it take to start boxing?

how long would it take to train for my first amateur fight?

i am 18 years old, is that too old to start boxing?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Junito-Rulez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Junito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,181,257.62
Total Points: 1,430,590.65
good poster - shobox good poster with a good attitude. - DiLLiNGER merry christmas!!! - shobox Merry Xmas - mangler An apple a day keeps zionist scum away. - Stone Roses! 
Scarface - Stones! 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - USA_Pugilist Gay and Lesbian Pride - Tom Jones 

No it's not. If you have desire, a strong mind and athletic ability, it's not too late. The hardest thing is to really want it and to be willing to take punishment to get your goals.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:58 PM
#1Assassin
Conveyor of Truth

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Rep Power: 32 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 60,134,554,377.96
Total Points: 2,000,072,218,846,872.25
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

why do ppl ask this? obviously its diffrent for ever fighter how long it takes until his first fight. it depends on how talented you are and how hard you work until you are ready skill wise. then the mental game is a whole other story, and ofcourse u never know how often tournaments and such are happening in your specific area, and how quickly your trainer puts his guys in there is diffrent too.

let me put it this way. i had my firs fight after 4months of training, a friend of mine had his first fight the same day.. after 4 YEARS of training. so its diffrent. expect it to be more than a year though.

if u really wanted to fight u wouldnt be thinking about that though, u would just get in the gym and not ask dumb questions. i had just turned 17 when i started btw, no reason not to pick it up late. if u want it bad ebough u can make up for it, your still young enough. if u dont u will regret it once u really are to old to start boxing.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:04 PM
jiminy cricket
Amateur

i have no real desire for amateur boxing, but i would much rather like to try professional boxing.

i was wondering how many amateur bouts you would have to have before you can turn pro. is there a minimum amount you have to have?

and my fitness is very good, my skills are alright, i have been sparring with my brother and friends for years, so i have the basic skills required, so i dont think thats too much to work on.

thanks for your advice.

Last edited by jiminy cricket; 09-30-2009 at 03:10 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 09-30-2009, 03:08 PM
mrboxer
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 45,131.24

do you want to start boxing to be a pro or just for the fun of it,speak up what are you trying to say,who do you think you are telling us you want to turn pro but you have no desire for amateur boxing,are you kidding me,do you think if you fight a pro he is going to take it easy on you,he will mangle you,this is boxing you are talking about,not mma or wrestling this is the big time,the big anchallata,it doesnt get any bigger than this

Last edited by mrboxer; 09-30-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:12 PM
IcedBlood
Contender

Total Points: 57,935.44

Your never too old to start boxing, however your view of wanting to fight Pro ASAP is ridiculous and you'll soon realise that once you start training.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:19 PM
jiminy cricket
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboxer View Post
do you want to start boxing to be a pro or just for the fun of it,speak up what are you trying to say
yes i do want to start boxing to be a pro, and also for the fun of it, i like to watch the sport, (though i do not like amateur boxing very much) it's very entertaining and i've always wanted to try it so now i think its time to do it.

i would like to hear your advice about how i should approach the sport.

it's not that i want to turn pro asap, i just prefer the professional style of boxing over amateur,i see from what i said made you think i wanted to turn pro staight away but it's just that i dont really like it, and if i have to go through it i will and i will give it my best.

Last edited by jiminy cricket; 09-30-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:28 PM
#1Assassin
Conveyor of Truth

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Rep Power: 32 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 60,134,554,377.96
Total Points: 2,000,072,218,846,872.25
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy cricket View Post
i have no real desire for amateur boxing, but i would much rather like to try professional boxing.

i was wondering how many amateur bouts you would have to have before you can turn pro. is there a minimum amount you have to have?

and my fitness is very good, my skills are alright, i have been sparring with my brother and friends for years, so i have the basic skills required, so i dont think thats too much to work on.

thanks for your advice.
eighter your an alt or an idiot. amateur or pro u have to pass a medical, and since those so called sparring sessions obviously left u brain damaged u wont get cleared to fight.

everything u just said is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:42 PM
RightHooker
Contender

Total Points: 7,362.64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy cricket View Post

thanks for your advice.
Oh no, not another one of these guys.

Do you have videos of yourself boxing with your friends you can post for us to show us your skills?
Old 09-30-2009, 03:44 PM
jiminy cricket
Amateur

so why dont you think i could pass a medical?

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing?, long, start

User Tag List