Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 11-22-2004, 09:33 PM
boxer2k5
im a sociable person
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 82
Posts: 4,591
Rep Power: 22 boxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 30,226,045.36
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,226,045.36
Default hey jinx check this out

you knwo ive been droppign weight and im on my goal to hit 160

well im stickign with a low carb diet moslty meats and salads

and lots of cardio
but i felt i needed to add some type of carbs to my system so i bought this cereal

its called Kashi Good Friends

here are the nutrition facts

serving size 1 cup

cal-170
total fat-2g
trans fat-0g
sodium-130mg
potassium-260mg
total carbs-43g
dietary fiber-12g
soluble-1g
insoluble-11g
sugars-9g
protien-5g

here are the ingredients

Ingredients:
Wheat Bran, Granola (Rolled Oats, Mixed Fruit Juice Concentrate (Pineapple, Peach and Pear), Honey, Rolled Barley, Evaporated Cane Juice, Crisp Rice (rice flour, Evaporated Cane Juice Syrup, Malt Flavoring, Salt), Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil, Soybean Protein Concentrate), Evaporated Cane Juice Syrup, Yellow Corn Meal, Corn Flour, Kashi Seven Whole Grains & Sesame Flour (Stone Ground: Whole Oats, Long Grain Brown Rice, Rye, Hard Red Winter Wheat, Triticale, Buckwheat, Barley, Sesame Seeds), Corn Bran, Oat Fiber, Wheat Bran, Soy Protein Concentrate, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Salt, Natural Flavor, Annatto


i wanted to know if eating this will effect my fat burning process in a good way or bad

i dont think its bad since its whole grain and has 12gs of fiber
i run everyday and weight train 3 times a week

is this a good meal to eat early in the mourning
Reply With Quote
boxer2k5 is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 11-22-2004, 10:13 PM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 6,235
Rep Power: 1570 spinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 20,147,146.36
Bank: 27,657.93
Total Points: 20,174,804.29
Send a message via AIM to spinksjinx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer2k5
you knwo ive been droppign weight and im on my goal to hit 160

well im stickign with a low carb diet moslty meats and salads

and lots of cardio
but i felt i needed to add some type of carbs to my system so i bought this cereal

its called Kashi Good Friends

here are the nutrition facts

serving size 1 cup

cal-170
total fat-2g
trans fat-0g
sodium-130mg
potassium-260mg
total carbs-43g
dietary fiber-12g
soluble-1g
insoluble-11g
sugars-9g
protien-5g

here are the ingredients

Ingredients:
Wheat Bran, Granola (Rolled Oats, Mixed Fruit Juice Concentrate (Pineapple, Peach and Pear), Honey, Rolled Barley, Evaporated Cane Juice, Crisp Rice (rice flour, Evaporated Cane Juice Syrup, Malt Flavoring, Salt), Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil, Soybean Protein Concentrate), Evaporated Cane Juice Syrup, Yellow Corn Meal, Corn Flour, Kashi Seven Whole Grains & Sesame Flour (Stone Ground: Whole Oats, Long Grain Brown Rice, Rye, Hard Red Winter Wheat, Triticale, Buckwheat, Barley, Sesame Seeds), Corn Bran, Oat Fiber, Wheat Bran, Soy Protein Concentrate, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Salt, Natural Flavor, Annatto


i wanted to know if eating this will effect my fat burning process in a good way or bad

i dont think its bad since its whole grain and has 12gs of fiber
i run everyday and weight train 3 times a week

is this a good meal to eat early in the mourning

Depending on how much you are going to eat, It is a bit high in calories and the carb count shouldnt have an effect as long as you are burning them.....Their is better breakfast alternatives out their, but their isnt a problem with eating it as long as it is in moderation....It COULD alter your fat burning process.....


When you want to burn fat, I prefer to train before eating...Training without eating burns 3 times as much fat.
Reply With Quote
spinksjinx is offline
#3
Old 11-23-2004, 12:43 AM
boxer2k5
im a sociable person
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 82
Posts: 4,591
Rep Power: 22 boxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 30,226,045.36
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,226,045.36
Default

i eat the 1 cup serving i measure it and everything

so should i run for liek 30 minutes then eat a bowl or run for 30 minutes and eat a low carb low fat meal liek eggs
Reply With Quote
boxer2k5 is offline
#4
Old 11-23-2004, 07:11 AM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 6,235
Rep Power: 1570 spinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 20,147,146.36
Bank: 27,657.93
Total Points: 20,174,804.29
Send a message via AIM to spinksjinx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer2k5
i eat the 1 cup serving i measure it and everything

so should i run for liek 30 minutes then eat a bowl or run for 30 minutes and eat a low carb low fat meal liek eggs


First off are you getting enough protein into your diet????

Also, Either one would be fine for an after workout meal as long as you go by the exact servings I see no problem except that 1 cup might not get you full and the fact you will be mixing milk with it isnt to good due to the fact of the high count of saturated fat and sugars in the milk......
Reply With Quote
spinksjinx is offline
#5
Old 11-23-2004, 10:24 AM
boxer2k5
im a sociable person
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 82
Posts: 4,591
Rep Power: 22 boxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 30,226,045.36
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,226,045.36
Default

i drink 1% milk

i hate skim and i hate whole milk

its either 1 or 2% and 1 has less fo everything than 2%

but this is the first time im drinking milk in like 6 months

i get protien fom either meal replacement shakes, tuna,orhter meats, protien shakes, salmon

jsut finished running for 30 minutes before i get ready for work
and im drinking about 3 cups of protien shake now

im gettign to 160 maybe you can meet me spinxs and we can have a boxingscene showdown
Reply With Quote
boxer2k5 is offline
#6
Old 11-23-2004, 10:35 AM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 6,235
Rep Power: 1570 spinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 20,147,146.36
Bank: 27,657.93
Total Points: 20,174,804.29
Send a message via AIM to spinksjinx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer2k5
i drink 1% milk

i hate skim and i hate whole milk

its either 1 or 2% and 1 has less fo everything than 2%

but this is the first time im drinking milk in like 6 months

i get protien fom either meal replacement shakes, tuna,orhter meats, protien shakes, salmon

jsut finished running for 30 minutes before i get ready for work
and im drinking about 3 cups of protien shake now

im gettign to 160 maybe you can meet me spinxs and we can have a boxingscene showdown

Best advice is give it a try, I dont recommend any milk for fat burning but each body is different and I reject it and usually put weight on so give it a try and see how it works for you....

Although after a workout a good protein shake would be in the best interest due to your body needing it immediately and using a protein shake mixed with water will get it their in time....

Im at 120 now.

I have been contemplating of moving up to 130 to see how my frame holds it and see how my speed/endurance/power is overall, at 140 I was more fluid but carried way to much weight in my personal opinion, plus 10 pounds isnt to much to gain or drop....

Although, Id be willing to bang with anybody on any given time
Reply With Quote
spinksjinx is offline
#7
Old 11-23-2004, 06:21 PM
boxer2k5
im a sociable person
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 82
Posts: 4,591
Rep Power: 22 boxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 30,226,045.36
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,226,045.36
Default

where are you from

i see you was 5'7 at 200

im 6' at 215 now

nut im nto fat
i have some around the waist im geting rid of and jsut getting rid of the little extras aroudn my body
to cut up

but i reallyw ant to go all the way down to 160

6' 160 is perfect IMO

i would lvoe to spar with you if wewas ever in the same area
Reply With Quote
boxer2k5 is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:15 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.