Can a dual core pc run a gtx295 on it? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Arcade Talk
Thread Navigation

Old 09-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Freddy Krueger
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 Freddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 507,322.08
Total Points: 1,045,107.62
Cheers to Bute! - Klitschko2009 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - street bully Gay and Lesbian Pride - supRa Gay and Lesbian Pride - supRa AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler 
Default Can a dual core pc run a gtx295 on it?

I looked on youtube and googled it and I don't know one single person who has a gtx 295 or 285 gtx card on a dual core pc. I only see ppl having those kind of video cards on a quad-core. I've seen people with the gtx260 on a dual core though, and I think some ppl even have a gtx275 on a dual core... Hmmm... What is up with that?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-23-2009, 01:53 AM
delipooke
Interim Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10 delipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 190,329,701,359,938.69
Total Points: 190,329,712,897,728.56
pizza slice for you - el guason456 

It doesn't matter. you could have a celeron or a sempron processor, or any other single core processor and all this will run any top of the line nvidia cards. What matters is your PCI slot, preferably 2.0 to avoid bottlenecks, 6 pin atx connector, good power supply (600w or above) and a big enough pc case because the size of the card is humongous. And there's a lot of people I know who run this card on dual core processor, and it runs great. However, to get the most out of this expensive ass cards, most pc enthusiasts pairs this card to a quad core proc, mainly the newer ones like the i7 or any amd equivalent like the phenom XII quads.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:47 AM
*2TOUGH*
Engineered Nutrition

Bank: 378,493,154.06
Total Points: 381,992,393.21
burner is a bellend - Red October late xmas present - jazluvr No Message - jazluvr get ready for Frankie...lol. - jazluvr A spare...you're tuff on these - jazluvr 
*2WEAK* - jazluvr lipstick for a tough guy - -KULT- 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Red October Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 * Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 * Gay and Lesbian Pride - Le4 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Le4 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Le4 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Le4 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - DIB420 Gay and Lesbian Pride - ScottDBA Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by delipooke View Post
It doesn't matter. you could have a celeron or a sempron processor, or any other single core processor and all this will run any top of the line nvidia cards. What matters is your PCI slot, preferably 2.0 to avoid bottlenecks, 6 pin atx connector, good power supply (600w or above) and a big enough pc case because the size of the card is humongous. And there's a lot of people I know who run this card on dual core processor, and it runs great. However, to get the most out of this expensive ass cards, most pc enthusiasts pairs this card to a quad core proc, mainly the newer ones like the i7 or any amd equivalent like the phenom XII quads.
yes i agree but wont the dual-core it self with the system be a bottle-neck for the card..?????? hence why they are paired with quad-core+ systems
Old 09-23-2009, 12:18 PM
$partacus
I'm SPARTACUS

Rep Power: 18 $partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 73,349.56

Waste of money buying an expensive card if your CPU will bottleneck it. Well i think its a waste of money anyway, why spend all that money on a card thats going to be half the price in a few months? The cost is not worth a few extra blades of grass on a game.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:28 PM
delipooke
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 delipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
Waste of money buying an expensive card if your CPU will bottleneck it. Well i think its a waste of money anyway, why spend all that money on a card thats going to be half the price in a few months? The cost is not worth a few extra blades of grass on a game.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
True that. ATI has just released the new dx 11 cards yesterday. Expect this expensive cards to half their price in a month or so.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:32 PM
delipooke
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! 2Tough !! View Post
yes i agree but wont the dual-core it self with the system be a bottle-neck for the card..?????? hence why they are paired with quad-core+ systems
That was what I was trying to say. Its a little bit silly pairing a top of the line card with dual core procs because bottlenecks would be a big issue and the prices of quads getting cheaper nowadays.......
Old 09-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Freddy Krueger
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Freddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond repute
Gay and Lesbian Pride - street bully Gay and Lesbian Pride - supRa Gay and Lesbian Pride - supRa AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler 

Bottlenecking is overrated, people said my old amd athlon 3500 was bottlenecking my 8800gts 320mb card. And I don't know what they meant by that since I was able to run it on my old monitor at 1600x resolution like on any of the games back then. So, if bottlenecking is so bad how come I didn't notice any bad performances from the current pc games back then with it?
Old 09-23-2009, 07:53 PM
$partacus
I'm SPARTACUS

Rep Power: 18 $partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 73,349.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastorTroy View Post
Bottlenecking is overrated, people said my old amd athlon 3500 was bottlenecking my 8800gts 320mb card. And I don't know what they meant by that since I was able to run it on my old monitor at 1600x resolution like on any of the games back then. So, if bottlenecking is so bad how come I didn't notice any bad performances from the current pc games back then with it?
Bottlenecking is when one part holds back anothers performance, every Pc has got a bottleneck. It can be the graphics card or the processor. If you had a better processor the card might of ran the games at a higher resolution but then the card would become the bottleneck and hold back the processors performance. The key is to get a good balance so neither the processor or the graphics card peformace is greatly affected by the bottleneck.

Last edited by Keyser Söze; 09-23-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:19 PM
Freddy Krueger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
Bottlenecking is when one part holds back anothers performance, every Pc has got a bottleneck. It can be the graphics card or the processor. If you had a better processor the card might of ran the games at a higher resolution but then the card would become the bottleneck and hold back the processors performance. The key is to get a good balance so neither the processor or the graphics card peformace is greatly affected by the bottleneck.
My processor has had no problems running any game at 1920x resolution, so i don't know how it would be bottlenecking to use it with a gtx295.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Little Mac
Amateur

Rep Power: 123 Little Mac has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Mac has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Mac has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Mac has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Mac has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Mac has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Mac has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Mac has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Mac has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Mac has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Mac has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,268,207,859.96
Total Points: 20,000,101,268,236,768.00
Back at ya, homey. - S a m u r a i No Message - BAD-BOY For my mistake, bro - pinoyescrima Thanks for the the treasure chest... have a beer bro! - jhacen Winner by TKO over Tyson - ^FoX 
#1 P4P king! Winner via TKO over Tyson - ^FoX a NY pizza slice for you buddy! - chinoy exchange gift - Talisayen another gift for u - Talisayen No Message - Mr._Pink 
For being helpful and a great NSB poster! - jazluvr449 Welcome to the 50K Club! - S a m u r a i For the classic gaming memories - The Scientist Here's a gift for you bro - Talisayen Here's a gift for you bro - Talisayen 
thx - CungLe 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - mangler Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr449 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BoxingChaos 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastorTroy View Post
My processor has had no problems running any game at 1920x resolution, so i don't know how it would be bottlenecking to use it with a gtx295.
It's not that you'll have problems playing games at that resolution. The bottlenecking is when the CPU is not on par with the GPU because the data isn't being sent as quickly as the video card can process. You won't be using the expensive video card to it's full potential, meaning the price-for-performance becomes even more lopsided. It's an okay card. If I could spend money like that, I'd get 2 of them or 3 GTX 285's.

Last edited by Little Mac; 09-23-2009 at 08:49 PM.

Share This With Friends

Tags
core, dual, gtx295

User Tag List