Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 03-11-2005, 11:11 PM
jack_the_rippuh
I to your mom..

Rep Power: 21554 jack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,478,667.72
Total Points: 83,913,842.46
thanks for helping me dig it - boxing_prospect a bribe to red k wlad owns and to tell him it's from i am ike. lol - i am ike since you feel ill , player. an apple a day keep the doctor away. - i am ike here swallow all these pills and it'll help you throw up. - i am ike please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua 
One of boxingscene's best - BostonGuy For the new boxingscene millionaire... Oh i forgot hook me some of your good K mate.... - FasTHarD Best Poster On Boxingscene! - Dorian THE GOAT - RJJ The Truth To a fellow dark mind. - Mizzou 
to the most sick minded individual to ever step foot in BoxingScene...we await your return jackula...mwahahahaa - BritishBoxing92 

The key is to bring him down to your level. Jab to the pit of the stomach. Don't let him stay in that lay back position where can he counter you all day with straight punches, make him come to you. Besides jabbing to the pit of the stomach throw lead hooks to the head, and when you hit him get out of there make him come to you, make him desperate to hit back, when he does come to you, destory the body on the inside and catch him with short uppercuts. WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T LET HIM STAY IN THAT COUNTER-PUNCHING COMFORT ZONE WHERE HE CAN REACH YOU EVERYTIME YOU COME IN AND YOU CAN'T REACH HIM!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-12-2005, 01:41 AM
Dyl-G
Main Daime

Rep Power: 19 Dyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,000,079,574.90

thanks guys, yeah he keeps his hands down low thats the onlyproblem he guards his body and makes me go for his head so i have to reach more
Old 03-12-2005, 02:19 AM
patto1984
Contender

Rep Power: 11 patto1984 has a reputation beyond reputepatto1984 has a reputation beyond reputepatto1984 has a reputation beyond reputepatto1984 has a reputation beyond reputepatto1984 has a reputation beyond reputepatto1984 has a reputation beyond reputepatto1984 has a reputation beyond reputepatto1984 has a reputation beyond reputepatto1984 has a reputation beyond reputepatto1984 has a reputation beyond reputepatto1984 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,989.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl-G
i have a similarr question i juss sparred the other day and the guy is taller than me and has a longer reach and he let me get close then counter punched everything i threw, i had to use jabs a lot to get close to him and try to side step, do any of yall have any more advice on how to beat a taller counter puncher?

I have the same problem with a sparring partner, so i just feint and make him throw first then counter with rights to the body when he throws his jab then come up with the left uppercut or hook. Also when you throw all your jabs at the taller boxers chest you can start feinting at the chest at go for the head shots. I like to go feint jab to the chest- jab to the head bring in the powerfull right uppercut(powerfull becuz you bringing it up from a crouched position) then left hook. the taller guys hate it.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:11 AM
Cre_Ace
Contender

Rep Power: 11 Cre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8.49
Total Points: 13,842.86

I'm 6'3 and I would knock you out with a mean upper cut. But since you 5"6 I doubt you a heavyweight. But if we was to spar I doubt your power would faze me.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Rockin'
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,588,368,032,279.08
Total Points: 31,588,368,082,056.83
have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac 
Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Thats a pretty bold statement Cre_Ace, considering the fact that you are wearing play gloves in your picture. Just because you are a heavyweight do not assume that you will crush the world and everybody in it. Heavyweights fall harder than anybody else, and you are no exception. The first thing they will teach you in boxing is to never underestimate your opponent. Have you got to that part in the training or did they just laugh at you when you walked in with toy gloves.......Rockin'
Old 03-12-2005, 12:13 PM
Cre_Ace
Contender

Rep Power: 11 Cre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeCre_Ace has a reputation beyond repute

They ain't toy gloves you idiot, you can't tell what they're from that picture. But who cares what gloves I have on my hands, what's the difference? I would knock you out in a heart beat. I would have you looking like that old lady in that pic after
Old 03-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Dyl-G
Main Daime

Rep Power: 19 Dyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,000,079,574.90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin1
Thats a pretty bold statement Cre_Ace, considering the fact that you are wearing play gloves in your picture. Just because you are a heavyweight do not assume that you will crush the world and everybody in it. Heavyweights fall harder than anybody else, and you are no exception. The first thing they will teach you in boxing is to never underestimate your opponent. Have you got to that part in the training or did they just laugh at you when you walked in with toy gloves.......Rockin'
HAHAHAHHAAH oh damn, yeah cre you gotta calm down bro, unless your like roy jones or muhammad ali you cant get away with being ****y like that dude, so calm down
Old 03-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Rockin'
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,588,368,032,279.08
Total Points: 31,588,368,082,056.83
have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac 
Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre_Ace
They ain't toy gloves you idiot, you can't tell what they're from that picture. But who cares what gloves I have on my hands, what's the difference? I would knock you out in a heart beat. I would have you looking like that old lady in that pic after

Please do not knock me out. LoL And those are toy gloves, you can plainly see in the picture that they have no laces. Found them at k-mart next to the how to be a big bad boxer book, didnt ya. You just let me know what state you are in and then I could see what I could do about you showing me this knock out in a heart beat, fatboy..........Rockin'
Old 03-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Cre_Ace
Contender

Brooklyn, You could find me at GYMU. (http://getyourmoneyup.com/) For more details on how to get there visit the link. I'll be waiting for you chumpzilla.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Tha Greatest
boxingscene legend

Rep Power: 21518 Tha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 490,648.52
Performance worthy of a beer. Enjoy - El Gallo Negro! U R A Funny Son of a Bitch - Stones In Exile Funny S.O.B. - The Beatles Dome King - Firewall A gift for the Dome King - Tomato Can 
No Message - JAB5239 No Message - BoxingGenius27 cheers for posting on my thread abt valero broner much appreciated - robson24 Sup bro - El Angel For Giving the Giants Credit where credit was due. You have my respect. - BrushMyHair 
Giants, Dynasty, Winning on the Even numbered years in this decade. Lets drink to that. A Toast to baseballs most intriguing and newest dynasty. Cheers - BrushMyHair 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre_Ace
HAHAHAHAH you crack me up man. Rockin1 would knock you out with one hand tied behind his back. I don't think you would wanna box him, he might knock you into retirement and i'm for real