Which video card is really better? GTX 285 2gigs vs GTX 295 1792MB - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Arcade Talk

View Poll Results: Which video card is really better? GTX 285 2gigs vs GTX 295 1792
Gtx 285 more memory= better 0 0%
Gtx295 its better performance because its newer 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2009, 08:32 AM #1
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Freddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 507,322.08
Total Points: 1,055,130.62
Cheers to Bute! - Klitschko2009 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - street bully Gay and Lesbian Pride - supRa Gay and Lesbian Pride - supRa AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler 
Default Which video card is really better? GTX 285 2gigs vs GTX 295 1792MB

The gtx 285 has more memory, and that would be better for poorly optimized games like Gta Iv. But the Gtx 295 isn't not slouch on the memory part with 1792mbs.
Freddy Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-19-2009, 01:37 AM #2
I'm SPARTACUS

$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute$partacus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 74,662.56

The GTX 295 is a lot faster. The GTX 295 is dual GPU, the 285 is single.
$partacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:46 AM #3
Banned

Freddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Krueger has a reputation beyond repute
Gay and Lesbian Pride - street bully Gay and Lesbian Pride - supRa Gay and Lesbian Pride - supRa AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
The GTX 295 is a lot faster. The GTX 295 is dual GPU, the 285 is single.
What kind of power supply would that require and is it much expensive buying the powersupply and other **** required to run it on my system? Its not a bad investment for me if its 500 bucks with prob free shipping.. But I know that it probably requires a new powersupply and other **** which might turn me off of it. And that is compatible with almost any processor right? My new processor which is faily new on the market is a dual processor, this kind of card isn't only made for quad-cores is it?

Amd Athlon II 250 3.0 ghz dual processor.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:03 AM #4
Knuckles Up

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,367,314,386,478.64
Total Points: 2,367,314,406,136.71
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastorTroy View Post
What kind of power supply would that require and is it much expensive buying the powersupply and other **** required to run it on my system? Its not a bad investment for me if its 500 bucks with prob free shipping.. But I know that it probably requires a new powersupply and other **** which might turn me off of it. And that is compatible with almost any processor right? My new processor which is faily new on the market is a dual processor, this kind of card isn't only made for quad-cores is it?

Amd Athlon II 250 3.0 ghz dual processor.
Go with the 295, 300 mb of video memory is nothing. The 295 is a lot faster than the 285.

I would say atleast a 600w power supply, maybe 700w. Also, you might want to check if you'll have enough space in your case, the gtx 200 series are huge cards. I had to buy a new case cause i couldn't fit the card in my old one.
Equilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:29 AM #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Go with the 295, 300 mb of video memory is nothing. The 295 is a lot faster than the 285.

I would say atleast a 600w power supply, maybe 700w. Also, you might want to check if you'll have enough space in your case, the gtx 200 series are huge cards. I had to buy a new case cause i couldn't fit the card in my old one.
How much are power supplies are they fairly cheap? And how do I size out my case? My neighbor who works on my computer knows more about my case then I do. I think he had to fit my geforce 8800gts 320mb card in a weird way to fit it in the case. Does that mean its small? I think he considered the 8800gts 320mb a fairly big card.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:33 AM #6
Banned

Is it me but having a computer that runs insanely well feels great. I mean gaming is great an all and I love pc gaming a bit, but I think I kind of get off with having a pc that runs great. Things load and work faster, it just feels awesome.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:16 AM #7
Interim Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
delipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond reputedelipooke has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 344,755,909,357,256.75
Total Points: 344,755,920,895,831.62
pizza slice for you - el guason456 

It might be better off if you wait for the Dx11 cards... Should be coming out by the end of this year, and that will render the prices of dx10 cards a lot lower. But if you can't really wait for that, it would be a good idea to buy a cheap card with a decent performance, like a 4890, to hold you over until the dx11 cars are released. IMHO, the gtx 295 cards are overkill anyway for the processor that you have, there would be some sort of bottleneck in performance, limited by your cpu's capability.
delipooke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:17 PM #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by delipooke View Post
It might be better off if you wait for the Dx11 cards... Should be coming out by the end of this year, and that will render the prices of dx10 cards a lot lower. But if you can't really wait for that, it would be a good idea to buy a cheap card with a decent performance, like a 4890, to hold you over until the dx11 cars are released. IMHO, the gtx 295 cards are overkill anyway for the processor that you have, there would be some sort of bottleneck in performance, limited by your cpu's capability.
Which gtx do you recommend so I don't bottleneck? Gtx260 or 275? And with those cards can I run batman on 1920x resolution with physx on high?

Share This With Friends

Tags
1792mb, 2gigs, better?, card, video

User Tag List