Terry Norris thread - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 09-14-2009, 06:25 PM #1
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Benncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 428,813.93
Cheers for green k man - The Jackal Cheers! - Carnivore 
Smile Terry Norris thread

This is one of my fav fighters. Hands up those who love Terry Norris! Hands up those who think he was the best junior middleweight ever! He was simply amazing. Thats the right word to describe Terry Norris. He had it all. He had speed, he had talent, he had that left hook, he had movement, he had class.

So what went wrong in the end? When did he begin to slip, can somebody tell me?
Benncollinsaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-14-2009, 08:39 PM #2
Slicker than your average

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,747,072,256.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

I dont care what people say about Norris to me he will always be great fighter to me, he was just awesome to watch and in Threadstealers own words " ive never seen a fighter take so much pride in beating people up" he loved a fight and is easily one of the most exciting fighters of the 90's, his chin made him even more exciting oddly enough.

My own opinion is i think accumulation of punishment he had taken caught up with Norris in the end, he was a Boxer yes, but he was also a gunslinger at heart and he took some lumps in the fights he won because he wanted to have a tear up so much, plus getting knocked out a couple of times must of taken something from him physically. I put his inconsistency or lack of focus which ever you wanna call it, down to not getting the fights he wanted and being under motivated. I mean lets be honest if Norris never hit Santana Illegally he would never have won any of those fights.

He should of retired after the Mullings loss because he was done after that KO, he was supposed to be on coarse Dela Hoya apparently but the Mullings fight derailed things, he went on to fight Rosenblatt, Boudouani and he just looked aweful

You know even if you dont like Norris you gotta admire the excitement level he brought to a fight, he would either KO his man, go down or get knocked out but he would always show heart, aggression, skill, power.

I know Norris did not have a good chin and its not that i cant accept it because im a Norris fan, but some people go way over the top when they speak of his chin, its that kind of overreaction that makes me disagree with people, not because im a nuthugger, but if you have seen as many Norris fights as i have you would know Norris took his lumps sucked it up and came back majority of the time, he had stood and traded many times and shown no signs of being hurt and the people that knocked him out or hurt him were! good punchers or huge punchers (Jackson)

Junior Jones, Amir Khan are the epitome of a glass chin, they could never step inside and bang it out. If Norris had a glass jaw, they are packin super glass or some ****.

Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 09-14-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Dynamite Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:43 PM #3
Banned

Benncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond reputeBenncollinsaad has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 428,813.93
Cheers for green k man - The Jackal Cheers! - Carnivore 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
I dont care what people say about Norris to me he will always be great fighter to me, he was just awesome to watch and in Threadstealers own words " ive never seen a fighter take so much pride in beating people up" he loved a fight and is easily one of the most exciting fighters of the 90's, his chin made him even more exciting oddly enough.

My own opinion is i think accumulation of punishment he had taken caught up with Norris in the end, he was a Boxer yes, but he was also a gunslinger at heart and he took some lumps in the fights he won because he wanted to have a tear up so much, plus getting knocked out a couple of times must of taken something from him physically. I put his inconsistency or lack of focus which ever you wanna call it, down to not getting the fights he wanted and being under motivated. I mean lets be honest if Norris never hit Santana Illegally he would never have won any of those fights.

He should of retired after the Mullings loss because he was done after that KO, he was supposed to be on coarse Dela Hoya apparently but the Mullings fight derailed things, he went on to fight Rosenblatt, Boudouani and he just looked aweful

You know even if you dont like Norris you gotta admire the excitement level he brought to a fight, he would either KO his man, go down or get knocked out but he would always show heart, aggression, skill, power.

I know Norris did not have a good chin and its not that i cant accept it because im a Norris fan, but some people go way over the top when they speak of his chin, its that kind of overreaction that makes me disagree with people, not because im a nuthugger, but if you have seen as many Norris fights as i have you would know Norris took his lumps sucked it up and came back majority of the time, he had stood and traded many times and shown no signs of being hurt and the people that knocked him out or hurt him were! good punchers or huge punchers (Jackson)
Amen! Well put.
Benncollinsaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:47 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

GJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,020,399.65
Total Points: 2,068,041.96
To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage good poster - Counter right Excellent Poster. - Barnburner A cold pint for a knowlegeable old bastard - The Surgeon Super-Poster-- from McG - McGoorty 
You look like you need a proper DRINK - McGoorty This stuff should help the faculties - McGoorty Rest in peace old friend! - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid View Post

Junior Jones, Amir Khan are the epitome of a glass chin, they could never step inside and bang it out. If Norris had a glass jaw, they are packin super glass or some ****.
He didn't have a totally glass jaw just unfortunately he needed a better chin than he had for the style of fighter he was would probably be fairer.
I always link him with Saad in my mind from the point of view you always get your money's worth and whilst you can't have 100% confidence he'll win you can have 100% confidence you'll see a good fight.
GJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:57 PM #5

Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJC View Post
He didn't have a totally glass jaw just unfortunately he needed a better chin than he had for the style of fighter he was would probably be fairer.
I always link him with Saad in my mind from the point of view you always get your money's worth and whilst you can't have 100% confidence he'll win you can have 100% confidence you'll see a good fight.
Cant argue with that.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:12 PM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
Amen! Well put.
Thought you might enjoy this.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:02 AM #7
Banned

RightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.78
Total Points: 109,746.51
Quality poster - JAB5239 For The Little Gay Loser - Carnivore 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 

Terrific offensive fighter, and arguably the best 154 lber ever. His chin was pretty poor, but as Dynamite pointed out, the people that knocked him out were all good punchers. He was pretty chinny, but it gets exaggerated.

If he had had absolutely no chin whatsoever, he wouldn't have made it past the level of a fringe contender or even journeyman level, you have to be able to take a decent punch to get to the top. So even the guys at the top who look like they can't really take shots compared to most of their contemporaries, they can still take a much better shot than the average fighter.
RightCross94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:44 AM #8
Interim Champion

ugly2000 has a reputation beyond reputeugly2000 has a reputation beyond reputeugly2000 has a reputation beyond reputeugly2000 has a reputation beyond reputeugly2000 has a reputation beyond reputeugly2000 has a reputation beyond reputeugly2000 has a reputation beyond reputeugly2000 has a reputation beyond reputeugly2000 has a reputation beyond reputeugly2000 has a reputation beyond reputeugly2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,012,353.69

When you get wobbled in almost all of your fights you dont have the greatest chin. Nevertheless he was one of the top fighters of his time. His offensive skills were a thing of beauty. The only thing in my book that stops him from being an all time great is that he never beat another great in their prime. Man, I would of loved to see him fight James Toney when he was a middleweight. That might of done it for Norris.
ugly2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:57 AM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
onetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,000,040,916.90

Amazing offensive fighter, his chin was weak but man his combos were beautyfull, He truly lived up to his nick name terrible. If he had a better chin man..he would of been an ATG no doubt. I remmember way back he was suppose to fight Tito, at 154, but he backed out I really wanted to see that fight, then Tito ended up fighting some other dude forgot his name but it was at 154. But again Norris was 1 nasty offensive SOB.
onetwopunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:59 AM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 489 Post(s)
sonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 185,137,200.29
Gift for Green - HaglerSteelChin Illiterate troll of the month award. - Jim Jeffries for being a cool poster in history section - led Cool poster award - -Lightsout- Like reading your posts, funny too.  Good job, keep it up. - -D33Pwaters- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Demise Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tanibanana 

great fighter and very fast and skilled but i would not go as far as saying he was the best 154lb fighter ever..Thomas Hearns would be my No1 154lber
sonnyboyx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
norris, terry, thread

User Tag List