Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Do you agree?
Yes 7 35.00%
No 13 65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 12-05-2011, 12:29 PM
crold1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,185,519.87
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral 

His punch output isn't as good as Pea but his body work and shoulder slips definitely evoke and his output gets better as fights go on. Exemplary fighter.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-05-2011, 03:17 PM
purecyse
Contender

Rep Power: 6 purecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 34,215.77
advice - THE_FORKLIFT 

i hate that every left-handed boxer HAS to fit a mold. it's like the baby's game where they're trying to fit the star plastic shape where the triangle should go. it won't pass.

moreno reminds people of whitaker, why? southpaw? decent jab? nice use of the ring? not much knockout power? completely out-boxing opponents? fair enough.

he doesn't remind me of whitaker because whitaker's jab, and the timing behind it, was the real secret to a lot of the things that sweet pea did. it controlled his opponent by keeping them in the positions whitaker wanted them in while also throwing off their own timing. this led to whitaker out-boxing many opponents in the center of the ring while using his legs AND upper-body movement to avoid shots.

moreno is using the ring but he's using it to get away. while giving ground, he could have actually knocked darchinyan out by setting traps and letting darchinyan wildly run into his straight left or right hook. this is an indication that his boxing mind isn't up to par even though he definitely knows how to box.

whitaker did not have much knockout power but he was always setting people up to be knocked out. it started with the jab. the jab led to left hands. the left hands led to hooks up top and persistant body work. moreno lacks that "and then i'm going to do this" mind state. he brings that good boxing ability in and his thoughts stop at "hit and not get hit".

yes, he does out-box whoever is put in front of him, and that's all you can ask of a fighter but young pernell whitaker was already placed up there with the "next thing" title right out of the olympics while moreno, AND THIS IS NO DISRESPECT, will be beaten by nonito donaire due to his unwillingness to mix that boxing ability with the will to make his opponent respect his punch.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:57 PM
MJ223
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 MJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,719,315,157,910.90
Total Points: 8,725,315,233,970.94
No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 
No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 
No Message - MJ223 Thanks MJ much appreciated - -Pull ma Finga- &quot;I see you pimp&quot; made me :lol1: - jose830 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by savorduhflavor View Post
Word man, you were on to Moreno over a year before I was.

Moreno is the goods and is the only guy at 118 or 122 who can beat Donaire.
Thats why he (Moreno) turned down the fight huh???
Old 12-05-2011, 03:57 PM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Rep Power: 45 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,182,043,897,436.95
Total Points: 25,182,044,008,398.08
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Okay..... I think I'm going to have to take a break from Bscene if threads like this will be posted today.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:23 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 113 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 919,740,034,122.06
Total Points: 3,196,740,340,578.16
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purecyse View Post
i hate that every left-handed boxer HAS to fit a mold. it's like the baby's game where they're trying to fit the star plastic shape where the triangle should go. it won't pass.

moreno reminds people of whitaker, why? southpaw? decent jab? nice use of the ring? not much knockout power? completely out-boxing opponents? fair enough.

he doesn't remind me of whitaker because whitaker's jab, and the timing behind it, was the real secret to a lot of the things that sweet pea did. it controlled his opponent by keeping them in the positions whitaker wanted them in while also throwing off their own timing. this led to whitaker out-boxing many opponents in the center of the ring while using his legs AND upper-body movement to avoid shots.

moreno is using the ring but he's using it to get away. while giving ground, he could have actually knocked darchinyan out by setting traps and letting darchinyan wildly run into his straight left or right hook. this is an indication that his boxing mind isn't up to par even though he definitely knows how to box.

whitaker did not have much knockout power but he was always setting people up to be knocked out. it started with the jab. the jab led to left hands. the left hands led to hooks up top and persistant body work. moreno lacks that "and then i'm going to do this" mind state. he brings that good boxing ability in and his thoughts stop at "hit and not get hit".

yes, he does out-box whoever is put in front of him, and that's all you can ask of a fighter but young pernell whitaker was already placed up there with the "next thing" title right out of the olympics while moreno, AND THIS IS NO DISRESPECT, will be beaten by nonito donaire due to his unwillingness to mix that boxing ability with the will to make his opponent respect his punch.
Moreno used his jab very well. I could definitely see the resemblance. The jerky movements, the body work, the sharp combinations, the way he moved, he wasn't an exact copy or anything but there's a resemblance.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Russian Crushin
atheist with a gun

Rep Power: 173 Russian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 686,963,351,560,239.38
Total Points: 691,963,902,750,662.12
Happy B-Day brotha! - blaze778 Happy birthday bro! - led superbirthday - TBear cheers bro! - chiguy91 here's a fanta bro...i think - Alx. 
happy birthday! - dj Pepe happy bday again - TBear Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy Happy birthday bro! - led Happy B-day - CuauhtÚmoc1520 
ATG - rorymac Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays Russian Crushin, - !! AI-Holmes!! have a Happy and safe New Years my brother from a Russian mother :beerchug: - jose830 
Great Poster - Dr Rumack HBD bro. - led* Happy Birthday - Freedom. Hope you have a good one! - dan_cov cheers!! - drenlou 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - 'Sugar' Freddi Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 'Sugar' Freddi Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mathed 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 

Def one of the best boxers today

Just because people dont know him, they trash him without ever having seen him fight

He is a mystery to the general boxing public and thats probably why he was more then a 3-1 underdog against Vic
Old 12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
APPONO ASTOS
Faceless Man

Rep Power: 20 APPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,086,218.60
thanks for your thoughts on the thread - robson24 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ223 View Post
Thats why he (Moreno) turned down the fight huh???
Yeah too bad..was it because he priced himself out? Anyways maybe they'll fight one day at a higher weight class..
Old 12-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Heeb
Day Man

Rep Power: 18 Heeb has a reputation beyond reputeHeeb has a reputation beyond reputeHeeb has a reputation beyond reputeHeeb has a reputation beyond reputeHeeb has a reputation beyond reputeHeeb has a reputation beyond reputeHeeb has a reputation beyond reputeHeeb has a reputation beyond reputeHeeb has a reputation beyond reputeHeeb has a reputation beyond reputeHeeb has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,066,531,053,593.52
Total Points: 3,066,531,104,739.98
lakers son - Congo Cash work that pole - Congo Cash birthday sex - Congo Cash my heart - Congo Cash No Message - Old Coward 
Heres A Medal Heeb..........Nyargles!!! - BritishBoxing92 have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Top poster - .Rich Loc. Because you are a super poster - Erik13 i notice homie that i never got you a gift, here you got  one now - Tha_Greatest 
for being a super duper poster on BS (no homo) - bahay kubo enjoy - project xxx1 for being my best friend! love u bby&amp;lt;3 - Tengoshi have a wank and think of me. xoxo Dinero - Law 15 Cuz you're sweeter than a fruit - Law 15 
for my junk food loving best friend. Love you bro, no homo! love, Dinero - Law 15 Put tis on prag!!! jk, best friends forever? yaaay!!! - Law 15 L-L-L-L-Lick me like a lollipop! luv u bro - Law 15 Your love is like magic, magic, magic :) - Law 15 A Bad Bromance! be my bro forever and ever... - Law 15 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Pension-Killer 

Similar style, though not as good obviously.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:34 PM
purecyse
Contender

Rep Power: 6 purecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 34,215.77
advice - THE_FORKLIFT 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
Moreno used his jab very well. I could definitely see the resemblance. The jerky movements, the body work, the sharp combinations, the way he moved, he wasn't an exact copy or anything but there's a resemblance.
Then cristian mijares AND ivan calderon also remind you of whitaker, right?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Doctor_Tenma
Monster

Rep Power: 72 Doctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 67,312,563,389,372.30
Total Points: 67,342,695,880,720.46
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Toney Loc 

DLH said he's willing to make Mares vs. Moreno but he said not any time soon