Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: A boxer with a degree is a BETTER boxer?
Yes 10 58.82%
No 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 09-10-2009, 05:51 AM
*2TOUGH*
Banned

Bank: 363,795,803.59
Total Points: 367,075,294.74
burner is a bellend - Red October late xmas present - jazluvr No Message - jazluvr get ready for Frankie...lol. - jazluvr A spare...you're tuff on these - jazluvr 
*2WEAK* - jazluvr lipstick for a tough guy - -KULT- 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Red October Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 * Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 * Gay and Lesbian Pride - Le4 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Le4 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Le4 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Le4 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - DIB420 Gay and Lesbian Pride - ScottDBA Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 
Default Boxers with degrees, Good or Bad?

Audley Harrison became the first Briton since Chris Finnegan to win a boxing gold at the Sydney Olympics in 2000. He graduated from Brunel in 1999 with a BSc honours degree in Sport Sciences with Leisure Management.

During his studies Audley was able to take time to achieve his sporting goals. He took advantage of this with great effect, forging a successful path through the amateur ranks, winning gold at the 1998 Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur, taking first place at the Acropolis Cup in Greece in 2000, and establishing himself as a serious contender for Sydney. Whilst at Brunel, he showed his commitment to his sport and to his community by running a boxing club for fellow students and local youngsters.

In the final at the Games, he was battling an injury to his knuckle as well as his opponent, Mukhtarkhan Dildabekov of Kazakhstan. Nevertheless, he ran out a comfortable victor with 30 points to 16.

He was honoured with an MBE in the 2000-2001 New Year's Honours List, and turned professional, joining forces with the BBC to bring boxing back to a terrestrial audience. He formed "A-Force Promotions" to manage Audley Harrison promotions and fights, demonstrating considerable business acumen.

In his first professional year Audley won all three of his fights to lay the foundations of his professional career. In 2002, he came up with five impressive victories. The last of these, a two minute and nine second demolition of the American, Shawn Robinson, marked Audley's US debut.

Audley has achieved outstanding results in sport and in business and the University is proud to be honouring him today.

February 2003
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-10-2009, 06:07 AM
*2TOUGH*
Banned

burner is a bellend - Red October late xmas present - jazluvr No Message - jazluvr get ready for Frankie...lol. - jazluvr A spare...you're tuff on these - jazluvr 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Red October Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 * Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 * Gay and Lesbian Pride - Le4 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Le4 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Le4 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Le4 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - DIB420 Gay and Lesbian Pride - ScottDBA Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

I suppose discussion about education and degrees is beyond the 'hard core' mayweather fans who love to 'thug'
Old 09-10-2009, 07:06 AM
hugh grant
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 43 hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,038,346,197.89
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

Well i think it ok to study for a degree after your pro boxing career is finished, or before but not while you are actually a boxer. Look at audley. Probably studied for his degree to hard and forgot to train. My mistake he got his degree before he became pro didnt he?

Never became a champion, but did get a degree. So he achieved one of his goals.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:12 AM
Frank Martin
The Transporter

Rep Power: 11 Frank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 98,908.71
to start your collection bro - JM1 

Good. It's better to have knowledge outside boxing so in case you retire in boxing, you can earn living with other profession.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:19 AM
johnnyutah
Up and Comer

Total Points: 6,319.02

how can having a degree ever be a bad thing?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:25 AM
The_Demon
Big dog

Rep Power: 39 The_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 59,263,048,698.19
Total Points: 90,350,898,717.55
cant grren k you my friend at the moment so i got you a gift instead - project xxx1 Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad thanks mate - Pension-Killer Thanks for knowing the movie mane - Natedatpkid I hope this beer will help,. I'm a nice guy - McGoorty 
#tmt - sugarsmosley 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - DuttyAlacrity Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Sir TomJones Childhood Cancer - Sir TomJones Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 

it has nothing too do with how your boxing career will go
it might help you when you retire
Old 09-10-2009, 07:38 AM
*2TOUGH*
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by british_fan View Post
it has nothing too do with how your boxing career will go
it might help you when you retire
an educated man, will make better decisions in the ring and on his match-making
Old 09-10-2009, 07:41 AM
The_Demon
Big dog

Rep Power: 39 The_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 59,263,048,698.19
Total Points: 90,350,898,717.55
cant grren k you my friend at the moment so i got you a gift instead - project xxx1 Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad thanks mate - Pension-Killer Thanks for knowing the movie mane - Natedatpkid I hope this beer will help,. I'm a nice guy - McGoorty 
#tmt - sugarsmosley 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - DuttyAlacrity Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Sir TomJones Childhood Cancer - Sir TomJones Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! 2Tough !! View Post
an educated man, will make better decisions in the ring and on his match-making
like i said,its highly unlikely it will ever help you in your career
you think the klitschkos own the HW division because they have degrees? no
Old 09-10-2009, 07:42 AM
catalinul
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 catalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond reputecatalinul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,665,256.00
Total Points: 6,374,881.88
Cool poster. Always right on the $ - mangler good poster - JM1 Youre cracking me up in the Zelenoff threads - Kevin Jesus Cheers for that Augusts fight bud - The Surgeon 

Ike Ibeabuchi has 2 college degrees now.Both of them in prison.

Yet he still was denied parole 3 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Guantánamo Bay
Contender

Total Points: 2,005.88

i don't know wheter it makes em better, but i do like em better

and i think it's good for the sport to. most people think boxers and fighters in general are knuckle dragging cave men that don't know how to add and multiply