Me sparring - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Thread Navigation

Old 09-05-2009, 07:03 AM
pyrovampx
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 pyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 78,634.64
Total Points: 214,697.15
Default Me sparring

This is a video of me sparring.

I'm the one in black and red headgear
my stats are 5"11 140lbs
he is 5"7 133lbs

I know I'm slow but
the guy I'm fighting is the number 2 amateur in quebec in his weight division
and he's wearing 14's while I got 16's on.

enjoy and feel free to comment and give a few tips.

sorry bout the cutting my friend just randomly decided to take videos and took one round and cut it in the last 30 seconds.

Last edited by pyrovampx; 09-05-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-05-2009, 10:05 AM
mrboxer
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 45,118.24

you can tell that both of you are beginners,the two of you have slow hand movement,lousy foot work and you do not know how to throw combos,i suggest you go to the gym if you see a trainer ask for help
Old 09-05-2009, 10:15 AM
pyrovampx
Banned

Rep Power: 0 pyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboxer View Post
you can tell that both of you are beginners,the two of you have slow hand movement,lousy foot work and you do not know how to throw combos,i suggest you go to the gym if you see a trainer ask for help
you're probably some dumb punk who don't know **** bout boxing. we're not beginners. Sure we're not professionals but we're not beginner amateurs.

Last edited by pyrovampx; 09-05-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:25 AM
mrboxer
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 45,118.24

i am going by what i see in the video,i see two slow moving people going in a circle,were you listening to the song skip to my lou,you asked for comments,just get a trainer he will teach you boxing,the two of you can learn
Old 09-05-2009, 11:23 AM
FalconsRB
Contender

Total Points: 13,611.60

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrovampx View Post
This is a video of me sparring.

I'm the one in black and red headgear
my stats are 5"11 140lbs
he is 5"7 133lbs

I know I'm slow but
the guy I'm fighting is the number 2 amateur in quebec in his weight division
and he's wearing 14's while I got 16's on.

enjoy and feel free to comment and give a few tips.

sorry bout the cutting my friend just randomly decided to take videos and took one round and cut it in the last 30 seconds.

thanks for sharing
Old 09-05-2009, 11:40 AM
7 1 6
Up and Comer

Total Points: 8,697.85

well, you got some work lol. Good job, just fire first and try and turn up the speed a little.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:21 PM
pyrovampx
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 1 6 View Post
well, you got some work lol. Good job, just fire first and try and turn up the speed a little.
we been on summer vacation for a while so we're both a lil rusty. but thanks
Old 09-05-2009, 12:28 PM
sammiza567
Interim Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14 sammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,429.38
Total Points: 1,050,052,571.81
kick this idiot - Freedom. 

you need alot of work but ive seen worse. keep at it.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:00 PM
fraidycat
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 fraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 186,221.01

Agreed. You're new, but hey, you're in there. Props.

What I see:

Don't lean back so far when slipping. A few inches is enough; any more than that and you have to shift your feet to catch yourself. Big waste of energy.

If you're going to rely on a ranging jab so much (which, at your height, is fine) you've got to throw it offensively. The jab is a fine counter but you won't win fights by being a counterjabber. You're tall, so keep firing that jab and shut him down. If you want to be a counterpuncher, counter with combos. A one-punch counter is a wasted opportunity unless you manage to send him to the canvas with it.

And lastly, get used to getting hit. It's gonna happen. You seem to be wasting a lot of energy trying to get out of the way. For you, short parries, cover blocks, and changing angles (sidestep, pivot) are going to be much more efficient than leaping out of the way of an incoming punch. His punch is an opportunity; when that glove is coming in, he's committed. You need to be exploiting the hole he just left, not getting out of the way.

Try light sparring, touch sparring, until you can keep your eyes open and watch a punch coming in. Then turn it up a notch. After a short while you'll be able to take a hit to the face and you won't even notice it. That will open up a whole new world in the ring.

Stay at it.

Last edited by fraidycat; 09-05-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:38 PM
rskumm21
Banned

Rep Power: 0 rskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 752,266.91
Total Points: 928,258.43
sorry for the red k - Truth 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboxer View Post
i am going by what i see in the video,i see two slow moving people going in a circle,were you listening to the song skip to my lou,you asked for comments,just get a trainer he will teach you boxing,the two of you can learn
Yeah because you're a ****ing pro right... Cut the guy some slack. You can give constructive criticism without being a douche-bag.

Share This With Friends

Tags
sparring

User Tag List