gaining weight - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Thread Navigation

Old 09-05-2009, 04:49 AM
ticklegore_
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,802.95
Default gaining weight

hey everyone
if I turn pro I also want to gain some weight

I'm not here to ask for help because I'm doing pretty well actually just saying how its going...... I already gained 30 lbs over the last month and I haven't even been lifting or anything....... just working my cardio a little bit and drinking protein shakes a friend recommended them to me and they really seem to work so I would advise that to everyone that tries to gain weight--------
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-05-2009, 05:15 AM
BG_Knocc_Out
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15 BG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,618,730.45

How does working your cardio gain you 30 lbs? And why would you want to gain lbs if its not your natural weight or a weight that doesnt fit your body frame. Boxing is NOT wrestling. Gaining weight and beefing up incredibly like wrestlers do is discouraged.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:39 AM
ticklegore_
Up and Comer

I'm 6'1 btw and I heard mike tyson was only 5'11 but he weighed over 200 lbs so I think I'll bulk up to around 200 too then I should be strong as a bull
It shouldnt take too long with the progress I'm currently making but my friend told me I should slow down--------your thoughts any advice????
Old 09-05-2009, 11:46 AM
RightHooker
Contender

Total Points: 7,362.64

Dude you're so clueless it's funny.

If you do end up going pro let me know, I'll buy a ticket just to watch you get KTFO.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:02 PM
mrboxer
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 45,134.24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante1613 View Post
I'm 6'1 btw and I heard mike tyson was only 5'11 but he weighed over 200 lbs so I think I'll bulk up to around 200 too then I should be strong as a bull
It shouldnt take too long with the progress I'm currently making but my friend told me I should slow down--------your thoughts any advice????
do not box any more,you will have more fun just being a fan
Old 09-05-2009, 12:07 PM
ticklegore_
Up and Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboxer View Post
do not box any more,you will have more fun just being a fan
quit following me around you idiot stalker
Old 09-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Spartacus Sully
The Great John L.

Rep Power: 32 Spartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 59,233,820,463.55
Total Points: 59,233,977,089.89
u da man .... thx 4 da castillo corrales cap - -Boxzilla- king of da 720p thread ... - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- 
Castillo Correles 720p...yeeaaa - Training4all 26 Gb!!...wow!!..nice work bro!! - Training4all ur good people ylem ... 720p homey - -Boxzilla- For setting Piggy straight, good stuff - Cuauhtémoc1502 Top top poster - rorymac 
Cheers! - Uncle Howie lite beer ... rookie! :D lol - I ♥ RVP demonoid - ƒallenloki Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
Here's a lolli for EASTER :) - Bossy Nice looking beard :fing02: my brother has one similar to yours, that mofo takes care of that thing more than he takes care of his wife lol - -jose- 

Quote:
hey everyone
if I turn pro I also want to gain some weight

I'm not here to ask for help because I'm doing pretty well actually just saying how its going...... I already gained 30 lbs over the last month and I haven't even been lifting or anything....... just working my cardio a little bit and drinking protein shakes a friend recommended them to me and they really seem to work so I would advise that to everyone that tries to gain weight--------
I like stories too, ever hear little red riding hood or the three little pigs?

no but really your 6'1" and you want to get to 200? whats your frame size? wrap your longest finger and thumb around the wrist of the other hand do you fingers overlap, just touch, or dont even touch? how much cardio do you do a week? are you being taught by someone? have you ever tried pro nos protein shakes?

well anyways id reccomend that you get yo your ideal weight then stay there by building up you routine past the point where you continue gaining weight and stich their for a while. perhaps even increase you protein shake intake along with your routine and just keep building up your routine whiel you stay where you want to stay at. say 6 months at the ideal weight before you make an attempt to fight some one beyond sparing

Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-05-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:43 PM
fraidycat
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 fraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 186,298.01

In those vids, you're 6'1"?

And there is no way in hell you could gain 30 lbs. in a month and still be a scrawny little pisant like you are in your vids. Even if you were shooting Reforvit-B you'd be lucky to gain 30 lbs. of muscle in a year.

Further, why would you want to gain weight? The boxer with the lower BMI almost always has the physical advantage unless you're a heavyweight pro or superheavyweight am.

Of course, if you actually boxed, you'd know this, and you'd be trying to stay as trim as possible.

The way you hit -- or more to the point, the way you don't -- and as glove-shy as you are, if you were to fight in a higher weight class without actual training you'd get seriously injured.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:59 PM
ticklegore_
Up and Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraidycat View Post
Further, why would you want to gain weight? The boxer with the lower BMI almost always has the physical advantage
Quote:
in a month and still be a scrawny little pisant
lolol contradicting yourself in the same post
Old 09-05-2009, 08:28 PM
BG_Knocc_Out
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15 BG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,618,730.45

Quote:
lolol contradicting yourself in the same post
In what way was that a contradiction?

Share This With Friends

Tags
gaining, weight

User Tag List