EAS Round 2 questions - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Arcade Talk
Thread Navigation

Old 03-04-2005, 06:18 PM
pidjs
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 pidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,269.84
Default EAS Round 2 questions

I've heard several things aboout the new gamem and I'm hoping that those of you who have made the purchase can fill me in:

1. I read a rumor that you can now win by stoppage ie the referee will actually step in and stop the fight if you are beating the hell out of the other guy, unanswered punches, etc. Is it true?

2. Can we actually use a clinch again? I was pissed when I couldn't utilize my John Ruiz tactics in 2004.

3. Overall, is it worth the $$$?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-04-2005, 07:09 PM
m00ks
The Human Keg

Rep Power: 597 m00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,976,986.91
Total Points: 6,043,863.26

1) dunno about the stoppage, i believe maybe on cuts

2) You can clinch with the Y button (Xbox) but you telegraph when you clinch so no its not a hack ala Ruiz. You can't do it all teh time. you can get DQed

3) **** ya.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:25 PM
pidjs
Contender

Rep Power: 0 pidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these partspidjs is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 12,269.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks
1) dunno about the stoppage, i believe maybe on cuts (Thank you.)

2) You can clinch with the Y button (Xbox) but you telegraph when you clinch so no its not a hack ala Ruiz. You can't do it all teh time. you can get DQed (Thank you.)

3) **** ya.
(Luv u 2.)
Old 03-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Soldier01
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Soldier01 has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier01 has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier01 has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier01 has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier01 has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier01 has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier01 has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier01 has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier01 has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier01 has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier01 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,459.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidjs
I've heard several things aboout the new gamem and I'm hoping that those of you who have made the purchase can fill me in:

1. I read a rumor that you can now win by stoppage ie the referee will actually step in and stop the fight if you are beating the hell out of the other guy, unanswered punches, etc. Is it true?

2. Can we actually use a clinch again? I was pissed when I couldn't utilize my John Ruiz tactics in 2004.

Yes, It's true the ref will put a stop to the bout if you're getting your face bashed in.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:39 PM
BadMagick
Orange and Blue for life

Rep Power: 1963 BadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 65,337.00

If you just cut the crap out of the guy the fight doesn't get stopped. If you keep pounding him with haymakers, it'll get stopped. It's weird.

They don't do clinching properly, and act as if it's an illegal move. I didn't know I could be DQ'ed before one fight and was because of clinching too much. (I clinched like 4-5 times in a row)

There's actually a point to buying equipment this time. You can also buy different illegal blows, like an elbow, a backhand, and a knee to the nuts. The low blows do more damage, it seems, as well.

It's worth the money, and a lot better than '04.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:56 PM
julDilla
Record: 0 - 0

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19362 julDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,573,951,121.13
Total Points: 14,574,518,088.96

yes, the ref will stop the fight, the announcer will say something like the ref is warning him if he doesnt cover up

yes you can clinch, but you can only use it when your about to go down, only time it refills your life bar.

its worth the 50 bucks, if you dont go online, you can always play career, your able to switch weight classes, win multiple titles, its just a whole diff game than last years
Old 03-13-2005, 12:01 AM
motiv
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 12 motiv has a reputation beyond reputemotiv has a reputation beyond reputemotiv has a reputation beyond reputemotiv has a reputation beyond reputemotiv has a reputation beyond reputemotiv has a reputation beyond reputemotiv has a reputation beyond reputemotiv has a reputation beyond reputemotiv has a reputation beyond reputemotiv has a reputation beyond reputemotiv has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,389.00

Man, the stoppages are terrible in this game. You'll punch the guy, and the screen goes instantly black. Then after 2 or 3 seconds, it goes to a clip of your boxer cheering. The first time this happened to me, I thought the damn game froze on me. Anyone else find it stupid to cut it off like that?
Old 03-19-2005, 06:18 AM
Arfan1
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 Arfan1 has a reputation beyond reputeArfan1 has a reputation beyond reputeArfan1 has a reputation beyond reputeArfan1 has a reputation beyond reputeArfan1 has a reputation beyond reputeArfan1 has a reputation beyond reputeArfan1 has a reputation beyond reputeArfan1 has a reputation beyond reputeArfan1 has a reputation beyond reputeArfan1 has a reputation beyond reputeArfan1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,341.00

lol, but you have to say the graphics is good on the game.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List