Heavy Bag Hanging Height - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 09-03-2009, 09:59 AM
learning
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 16,217.81
Question Heavy Bag Hanging Height

What is the recommended height to hang my heavy bag?

This is the bag I picked up:
everlast.com/Professional-Ploycanvas-Heavy-Bag/productinfo/EVPCB/

And this is the wall hanger I got:
tko.com/store/pc/item-details.asp?idcategory=47&idproduct=363

Also I'm 5'6" so I don't know if this makes a difference.

Thanks guys.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-03-2009, 10:07 AM
mrboxer
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 45,116.24

the bag you got looks like it will not with stand heavy pounding,and the wall hanger will not hold it up,i may be wrong,but if it works for you then hang the bag so the bottom of the bag is at your waist height,this way you can work the body, throw hooks, uppercuts,try a left hook to the body then a left hook up higher,it is a good combo,good luck in training,and remember keep your chin tucked in,also when you jab,jab again then throw the right
Old 09-03-2009, 01:44 PM
learning
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboxer View Post
the bag you got looks like it will not with stand heavy pounding,and the wall hanger will not hold it up,i may be wrong,but if it works for you then hang the bag so the bottom of the bag is at your waist height,this way you can work the body, throw hooks, uppercuts,try a left hook to the body then a left hook up higher,it is a good combo,good luck in training,and remember keep your chin tucked in,also when you jab,jab again then throw the right
Why don't you think the bag and hanger are good enough for pounding on?
Old 09-03-2009, 01:51 PM
mrboxer
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these parts

it looks like the bag is filled with hay and newspaper,it does not look full,do you have to put air in it,and the hanger looks like it is for jackets,a bag should hang from the ceiling with a solid chain hooked to a secure 2 by 4,remember when you throw a jab throw another jab[double up]then throw a right
Old 09-03-2009, 02:10 PM
learning
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboxer View Post
it looks like the bag is filled with hay and newspaper,it does not look full,do you have to put air in it,and the hanger looks like it is for jackets,a bag should hang from the ceiling with a solid chain hooked to a secure 2 by 4,remember when you throw a jab throw another jab[double up]then throw a right

ha-ha... I get it, your the forum clown... Good one.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:33 PM
TheNegation
No Picks

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 18 TheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,175.94
Total Points: 14,101,153,143.87
To a fuckfaced know-nothing - ƒallenloki 

I've been told the bottom of the bag should be hanging slightly above your knees.

I'm not an expert, but that bag looks really, really cheap and flimsy.

If I were you I'd return it and either get a better one or if you can't afford it save up for a better one. Because that doesn't look like it's going to last too long.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:40 PM
TheNegation
No Picks

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 18 TheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,175.94
Total Points: 14,101,153,143.87
To a fuckfaced know-nothing - ƒallenloki 

http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...ning-bags.html

http://www.ringside.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LHBRD

these would be better options, IMO
Old 09-03-2009, 04:45 PM
mrboxer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
I've been told the bottom of the bag should be hanging slightly above your knees.

If I were you I'd return it and either get a better one or if you can't afford it save up for a better one. Because that doesn't look like it's going to last too long.
whoever told you is wrong,the bottom of the bag should hang just a little above the waist this way you can throw uppercuts

Last edited by mrboxer; 09-04-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:59 PM
worldchampion
Contender

Total Points: 32,118.58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post

thats probably true for mma but not boxing

Share This With Friends

Tags
hanging, heavy, height

User Tag List