Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Hitman932
I LOVE Euro Fighters!!

Rep Power: 87 Hitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,224,515,551,660.14
Total Points: 1,224,524,470,581.03
sneak this in - mgkirkpatrick Cheers - squealpiggy For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan Lickle Ricky is thankful for the fight. - OASIS_LAD Karoly Balzsay - Tunney 
Cheers to the unban you racist polack! - Mizzou on the money bro! - MELLY-MEL... happy birthday hitman! - Makavelli Amir Khan is better than the cowardly Zsolt Erdei - Freedom. To cheer you up after TT's loss, I know you chaps enjoy these! - The Weebler I 
Great breakdown of those boxing crooks - hectari 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATWA View Post

I have a question to the veteran guitar players on here. When i'm playing my acoustic, the strings feel really hard, and I get this vibrating noise when I strum. I used to play a cheap guitar and didn't have the problem, but now that i'm playing the fender, It's happening. I don't understand why.
Your neck is bending back which means the strings are being pulled tighter and closer to the fingerboard than you want.

You need a truss rod adjustment because the action on your guitar is too low and the strings and touching the frets farther down the fingerboard.

It's a pretty straightforward repair and most shops will do it for 20-25 dollars.

You can do it yourself with an allen wrench but I wouldn't recommend it if you dont know what you are doing.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Hitman932
I LOVE Euro Fighters!!

Rep Power: 87 Hitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond repute
sneak this in - mgkirkpatrick Cheers - squealpiggy For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan Lickle Ricky is thankful for the fight. - OASIS_LAD Karoly Balzsay - Tunney 
Cheers to the unban you racist polack! - Mizzou on the money bro! - MELLY-MEL... happy birthday hitman! - Makavelli Amir Khan is better than the cowardly Zsolt Erdei - Freedom. To cheer you up after TT's loss, I know you chaps enjoy these! - The Weebler I 

These are my guitars:

Old 08-30-2009, 06:51 PM

Rep Power: 32 .......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 53.19
Total Points: 2,156,154.73
Meet me for pizza? 7:00 sound good? - Blood_Child 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman932 View Post
These are my guitars:

But it did it brand new out of the box.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Hitman932
I LOVE Euro Fighters!!

Quote:
But it did it brand new out of the box.

Thats not all that uncommon. I'm guessing it's a $200-$300 entry level acoustic? Guitars are easily affected by the climate. If it was shipped for 4 days in heat, stored in the cold with only a box to protect it wouldn;t be surprising if the neck shifted.

Personally as soon as I get a guitar the first thing I do is take it to shop and have it set up professionally to suit my playing style. I've never been satisfied with a guitar right off the shelf or out of the box.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:18 PM

Rep Power: 32 .......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute.......... has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thats not all that uncommon. I'm guessing it's a $200-$300 entry level acoustic? Guitars are easily affected by the climate. If it was shipped for 4 days in heat, stored in the cold with only a box to protect it wouldn;t be surprising if the neck shifted.

Personally as soon as I get a guitar the first thing I do is take it to shop and have it set up professionally to suit my playing style. I've never been satisfied with a guitar right off the shelf or out of the box.
Hmmm...that's interesting. My girlfriend went to the shop and bought it, and they had it stringed and tuned and everything there. She gave it to me about 3 days later for my birthday, but it was sitting in her house. I have taken it around in my car, maybe sitting in the backseat did it. I don't know, I never even thought about it.

It's a Fender Squier Acoustic. I never really looked up the price. I'd assume it's between 200 and 300 bucks.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Hitman932
I LOVE Euro Fighters!!

Quote:
Hmmm...that's interesting. My girlfriend went to the shop and bought it, and they had it stringed and tuned and everything there. She gave it to me about 3 days later for my birthday, but it was sitting in her house. I have taken it around in my car, maybe sitting in the backseat did it. I don't know, I never even thought about it.

It's a Fender Squier Acoustic. I never really looked up the price. I'd assume it's between 200 and 300 bucks.

Being in the car for a couple days will do the trick especially if you have a soft case. Another thing people don't consider is leaving it out at the house. If you are in a basement the moisture in the air can wreak havoc on a guitar over time.

If you recently purchased it I would suggest taking it back and letting them know you have had the issue from the outset.

Worst comes to worst you pay 20-30 bucks for an adjustment. If you're lucky they will just do it for free being that you bought it there.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Being in the car for a couple days will do the trick especially if you have a soft case. Another thing people don't consider is leaving it out at the house. If you are in a basement the moisture in the air can wreak havoc on a guitar over time.

If you recently purchased it I would suggest taking it back and letting them know you have had the issue from the outset.

Worst comes to worst you pay 20-30 bucks for an adjustment. If you're lucky they will just do it for free being that you bought it there.
Thanks alot, i'm definitely going to look into that.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:44 PM
HotSizzle
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 HotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond reputeHotSizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 94,309,162.18
Total Points: 1,113,698,044.05
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
These are my guitars:

I like that jimi poster, the best of the best.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:21 AM
khepesh
WAR Nordic Nightmare!

Rep Power: 6 khepesh has a reputation beyond reputekhepesh has a reputation beyond reputekhepesh has a reputation beyond reputekhepesh has a reputation beyond reputekhepesh has a reputation beyond reputekhepesh has a reputation beyond reputekhepesh has a reputation beyond reputekhepesh has a reputation beyond reputekhepesh has a reputation beyond reputekhepesh has a reputation beyond reputekhepesh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,735.71
Total Points: 10,595,550.33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler loc View Post
I asked my peoples if I should buy a Guitar, they said, no.
Why did they say so, aren't you musical or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurSherwoode View Post
Get a bass... easier to learn and more bands are in need of bass players (from a person who has been playing guitar [and bass for that matter] for almost 15 years)
That's true. And if you really got the groove, then bass is your thing. At least Finland is full of bass player jokes but they shouldn't be taken seriously, it's a very versatile instrument if you learn to play it like one.

And by the way, I started playing guitar when I was 7 and had a Yamaha CS-100A (I still have it). I quit it when teen, though I sometimes play some freestyle **** with it. Nowadays I play some drums and percussion, love listening good guitar playing, though.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:42 AM
Joe2608
The Red Devils

Rep Power: 23 Joe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,140,444,224,395.85
Total Points: 1,140,444,297,486.84

ESP LTD EC-1000 w/Bare Knuckle Black Dogs
Ibanez RG505 w/DiMarzio Evolution set

Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb 50 watt
Laney 2x12 cab
Laney AOR Pro-Tube 30 combo

Used to have more guitars, have had Gibson SG, Tokai Explorer, Greco Les Paul copy, Epiphone Les Paul, old 80's Schecter.
Also amps i've had a Mesa Boogie Studio preamp, Laney VH100R head, Laney GH50L head, Laney VC50 combo, Marshall 1936 2x12 cab.

I have experimented with a lot of different Bare Knuckle hand wound pickups as they are brilliant pieces of kit.

Last edited by Joe2608; 08-31-2009 at 08:45 AM..