What do you have to say about your first fight? - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 11:49 PM #1
FIGHTING_FLIP FIGHTING_FLIP is offline
"BAD NEWS"
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BAY
Posts: 2,962
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
FIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 410,192.56
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 410,192.56
Default What do you have to say about your first fight?

mine is in a month and im trainin my ass off. today i sparred 9 rounds which i think is crazy.yesterday i did 4. i feel if i keep this up ill be unstoppable. im really just trynna work my ass off everyday, and i feel that you should spar everyday to really get better..what are some of your guys experience about your first fight..before, during, and after....
FIGHTING_FLIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-28-2009, 12:33 AM #2
fraidycat fraidycat is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: USA
Age: 46
Posts: 2,781
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 22
fraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 188,657.01
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 188,657.01
Default

Don't spar everyday. You will eventually get injured and it will hamper your training down the road.

Spar light, do touch boxing, or "limited sparring" -- go three rounds using, say, just your jabs, or maybe one of you has a jab going in and a jab/hook going out and the other only has, say, a jab/cross. This will make you a much better boxer in the long run.

I was so scared the days leading up to my first fight that I threw up so much I nearly missed my weight class. Several times a day that week I thought I'd call up my coach and tell him I wasn't ready.

Stepping through the ropes after seeing the other guy already there was the hardest thing I've ever done. My heart pounds just thinking about it.

The whole fight I was just thinking, "This is what you trained. ONLY do what you trained." I fought a very conservative fight with a tight peekaboo guard, stayed inside, and I remember I kept saying, "Sorry," every time I stepped on his toe. (I'm a southpaw.)

At one point I knocked him flat -- I'm real Goddamn strong and he was getting sloppy and I landed a freight-train left cross on his chin that was intended to just hit his guard and back him up so I could get inside again, and he went down and I remember the crowd going insane. Standing there, listening to the crowd, watching the count, I remember thinking, "Damn, I just KNOCKED SOMEBODY DOWN!"

I don't even remember what happened after the fight -- I can't tell you who took my gloves off, even -- the next thing I remember I was driving to a bar to meet my buddies, and while I was driving I was yelling and throwing my fist in the air, I was so high. The rush AFTER the fight is incredible. It's amazing. It's more intense than DURING the fight, for me. The only things I've done that are even close are skydiving and getting married.

Now I'm addicted. It's crazy.

You'll either love it or hate it. There's nothing wrong with doing one fight and deciding it's not your thing, either. You get big balls points for just getting in there. Good luck.
fraidycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:03 AM #3
Hagler★ Hagler★ is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North London
Posts: 2,388
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
Hagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond reputeHagler★ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,051,330.16
Bank: 8,899,176,793.65
Total Points: 8,902,228,123.81
Default

It was a joke the guy got hurt and didnt want to fight scrappy as hell and ended in an majority decision for me. burst his nose though and he had lost a fight a week or so b4 so he fort he would get his first win against me
Hagler★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:41 AM #4
Joachim Joachim is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boston MA.
Age: 29
Posts: 283
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
Joachim is on a distinguished road
Points: 23,092.49
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 23,092.49
Send a message via AIM to Joachim
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hagler* View Post
It was a joke the guy got hurt and didnt want to fight scrappy as hell and ended in an majority decision for me. burst his nose though and he had lost a fight a week or so b4 so he fort he would get his first win against me
i cant understand what the hell youre saying. but flips post is amazing.
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:07 AM #5
FIGHTING_FLIP FIGHTING_FLIP is offline
"BAD NEWS"
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BAY
Posts: 2,962
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
FIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 410,192.56
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 410,192.56
Default

what i think is cool about my fight is i know who he is. i mean my trainer gave me a list and it shows who im matched up wit so i looked him up on myspace. and i see hes a lil taller, definatley more yoked then me and hes older. hes like 21 ( im only 17)..i get ( i cant find no other word for this, so **** it) scared when i think about me and him fighting. i mean he looks like one of those crazy fob filipinos..but all this hardwork im puttin in cant get put to waste. lets get it!
FIGHTING_FLIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:12 AM #6
peewee1460 peewee1460 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,898
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
peewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 27,868.89
Bank: 25,139,035.29
Total Points: 25,166,904.18
Default

he's 21? he's gonna have grown man strength and **** like that. just stay cool and stay mobile. let off 3 or 4 punches and move.
peewee1460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:04 AM #7
FIGHTING_FLIP FIGHTING_FLIP is offline
"BAD NEWS"
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BAY
Posts: 2,962
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
FIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 410,192.56
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 410,192.56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewee1460 View Post
he's 21? he's gonna have grown man strength and **** like that. just stay cool and stay mobile. let off 3 or 4 punches and move.
haha..you got a first fight experience dawg?
FIGHTING_FLIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:53 AM #8
peewee1460 peewee1460 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,898
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
peewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 27,868.89
Bank: 25,139,035.29
Total Points: 25,166,904.18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
haha..you got a first fight experience dawg?
no i stay injured but i stay in the gym, spar everyone i can.
peewee1460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:10 PM #9
xxMidgetxx xxMidgetxx is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 129
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
xxMidgetxx has a reputation beyond reputexxMidgetxx has a reputation beyond reputexxMidgetxx has a reputation beyond reputexxMidgetxx has a reputation beyond reputexxMidgetxx has a reputation beyond reputexxMidgetxx has a reputation beyond reputexxMidgetxx has a reputation beyond reputexxMidgetxx has a reputation beyond reputexxMidgetxx has a reputation beyond reputexxMidgetxx has a reputation beyond reputexxMidgetxx has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 22,296.96
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 22,296.96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraidycat View Post
Don't spar everyday. You will eventually get injured and it will hamper your training down the road.

Spar light, do touch boxing, or "limited sparring" -- go three rounds using, say, just your jabs, or maybe one of you has a jab going in and a jab/hook going out and the other only has, say, a jab/cross. This will make you a much better boxer in the long run.

I was so scared the days leading up to my first fight that I threw up so much I nearly missed my weight class. Several times a day that week I thought I'd call up my coach and tell him I wasn't ready.

Stepping through the ropes after seeing the other guy already there was the hardest thing I've ever done. My heart pounds just thinking about it.

The whole fight I was just thinking, "This is what you trained. ONLY do what you trained." I fought a very conservative fight with a tight peekaboo guard, stayed inside, and I remember I kept saying, "Sorry," every time I stepped on his toe. (I'm a southpaw.)

At one point I knocked him flat -- I'm real Goddamn strong and he was getting sloppy and I landed a freight-train left cross on his chin that was intended to just hit his guard and back him up so I could get inside again, and he went down and I remember the crowd going insane. Standing there, listening to the crowd, watching the count, I remember thinking, "Damn, I just KNOCKED SOMEBODY DOWN!"

I don't even remember what happened after the fight -- I can't tell you who took my gloves off, even -- the next thing I remember I was driving to a bar to meet my buddies, and while I was driving I was yelling and throwing my fist in the air, I was so high. The rush AFTER the fight is incredible. It's amazing. It's more intense than DURING the fight, for me. The only things I've done that are even close are skydiving and getting married.

Now I'm addicted. It's crazy.

You'll either love it or hate it. There's nothing wrong with doing one fight and deciding it's not your thing, either. You get big balls points for just getting in there. Good luck.
Nice post, I also fight southpaw with a peekaboo guard as well.
xxMidgetxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
fight?

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.