How do boxers do it??? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 02-27-2005, 03:52 PM
Showstoppa
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 Showstoppa has a reputation beyond reputeShowstoppa has a reputation beyond reputeShowstoppa has a reputation beyond reputeShowstoppa has a reputation beyond reputeShowstoppa has a reputation beyond reputeShowstoppa has a reputation beyond reputeShowstoppa has a reputation beyond reputeShowstoppa has a reputation beyond reputeShowstoppa has a reputation beyond reputeShowstoppa has a reputation beyond reputeShowstoppa has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,678.00
Default How do boxers do it???

Hey guys, I need some help.

My height is 5"5 and my weight is 120 pounds. I know how to gain weight because I started at 90 pounds. In 2 1/2 years I gained close to 30 pounds but I want ten more and I have been stuck on 120 for almost a year.

What I want to know is how boxers put on weight fast and keep it lean muscle mass. Is there a secret? I know cotto weighed in at 140 and I believe the night of the fight he was close to 155. 15 pounds in a matter of days!!! What's the deal. Can anyone who has experienced boxing and moving up and down in weight classes help me out with what they did?? Thanks!!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-27-2005, 03:55 PM
abdiel2k3
El Terrible

Rep Power: 21503 abdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 873,008,089,340.13
Total Points: 873,008,147,534.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showstoppa

My height is 5"5 and my weight is 120 pounds. I know how to gain weight because I started at 90 pounds. In 2 1/2 years I gained close to 30 pounds but I want ten more and I have been stuck on 120 for almost a year.

What I want to know is how boxers put on weight fast and keep it lean muscle mass. Is there a secret? I know cotto weighed in at 140 and I believe the night of the fight he was close to 155. 15 pounds in a matter of days!!! What's the deal. Can anyone who has experienced boxing and moving up and down in weight classes help me out with what they did?? Thanks!!
actually its 15 lbs in one nite
but u seem to misunderstand the concept of goin up
its not like cotto is gainin that weight on purpose or with some goal
its mor elike he starves and dehydrates himself for the fight to make 140
then once hes all wieghed in
he can recouperate to his normal 150 somehtin
itd b like if u starved and dehydrated urself to make 105
sure u could do it
but right after the weigh in
ud go back to ur normal 120
Old 03-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Slipx
Lethal Barefisted

Rep Power: 81 Slipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 133,011.00

Quote:

Cotto likely used Creatine(something I've only used once and hated it) to achieve that weight.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Atwa_66
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Atwa_66 has a reputation beyond reputeAtwa_66 has a reputation beyond reputeAtwa_66 has a reputation beyond reputeAtwa_66 has a reputation beyond reputeAtwa_66 has a reputation beyond reputeAtwa_66 has a reputation beyond reputeAtwa_66 has a reputation beyond reputeAtwa_66 has a reputation beyond reputeAtwa_66 has a reputation beyond reputeAtwa_66 has a reputation beyond reputeAtwa_66 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 161,537.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipx
Cotto likely used Creatine(something I've only used once and hated it) to achieve that weight.
That Creatine stuff is crazy. I have never taken it, but I know some people that have and the results varied. I would be use to gain weight, because muscle weighs more than fat, and creatine adds water to your muscles and extracts it from your body. It will also make you want to drink more fluids, which will help you gain weight as well.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Slipx
Lethal Barefisted

Rep Power: 81 Slipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwa_66
That Creatine stuff is crazy. I have never taken it, but I know some people that have and the results varied. I would be use to gain weight, because muscle weighs more than fat, and creatine adds water to your muscles and extracts it from your body. It will also make you want to drink more fluids, which will help you gain weight as well.
exactly, the easiest way to explain creatine is calling it 'muscle salt' it makes your muscles get huge because you end up being thirsty all the time, chugging liquids 24/7.

undoubtedly i think this is how cotto made that weight, and had that strength. if you have ever tried creative you'll notice it makes you much stronger, however ive never used it for punching, i used it for lifting and it really did help, but still i hated using it

I asked my doctor about creatine and he told me it's bad for your bones, I asked him why and this is what he said

'if you are trying to get heavier you need to increase your size naturally, otherwise if you bulk up like that your bones don't have time to measure up and get strong enough to support the added weight, making your bones weaker in the end'

when i heard this, bull**** or not, i heeded it and stopped taking it. still have a full can of the stuff.

I remember in high school this short skinny kid named Cameron Geauxtreaux started taking creatine but he didn't work out with it...

his face puffed up like stay puft marshmallow man and everyone laughed at him( i didnt,ive never been that kinda guy), it was really bad..he looked like a little chipmunk for real

Last edited by Slipx; 03-02-2005 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:36 PM
masha
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 masha has a reputation beyond reputemasha has a reputation beyond reputemasha has a reputation beyond reputemasha has a reputation beyond reputemasha has a reputation beyond reputemasha has a reputation beyond reputemasha has a reputation beyond reputemasha has a reputation beyond reputemasha has a reputation beyond reputemasha has a reputation beyond reputemasha has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,207.00

It's just mainly water weight and starvation. like cotto may not have eating for about a day or two which cuts the weight bigtime. i lose 3 pounds over night, so that's 6 pounds already plus water weight, and then excess pounds lost from not eating and you have 17 pounds easy.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Mr. Ryan

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 178,257,719,356.22
Total Points: 179,278,197,967.25
20,000 posts!  Well done. - abosworth good shit, folks. You folks with Ouma, then you my folks. Congrats Asain. Keep on doing what you do, bud. - sweet pea 50 boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez Give me 10k, PLEASE! - ЯiZO Congrats on your nomination bro.  Great job. - MELLY-MEL... 
Only for you.. - MassageQueen just for being you ;) - Massage Queen One Of Boxingscene finest... Hmm i almost forgot hook me some of your good K mate... Hehehe Thanks advance FROM: - FasTHarD Just because you're the shit!! - Massage Queen Once again, thanks for what you did for me. And keep up the good work. - The_Bringer 
Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen this one is for your website. btw, i signed your guestbook. good job pre :fing02: - Talisayen For all your great work! - jazluvr For your accomplishments! - jazluvr beer after job well done - led 
congrats!!! - TBear seen your article in Ring! - TBear Merry Christmas Ryan - TBear good to see you back - TBear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Ryan Send a message via MSN to Mr. Ryan Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Ryan

Quote:

Eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Thats how I became fat as a little kid.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:22 PM
buff_mike10
Contender

Rep Power: 0 buff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 57,869.00

This helps me put on some weight pretty swiftly. For a week straight do 6 sets of squats every other night. First set light to warm up, then pack the weight on that bar. Do as many reps as you can, till your legs can't move. Eat alot of protein after, i can add 10 pounds in a week doing this. Those leg muscles are the biggest in the body and really swell up. Plus that will make the rest of your body grow, gets your metabolic rate up.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:06 AM
Pugnacious_Z
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Pugnacious_Z has a reputation beyond reputePugnacious_Z has a reputation beyond reputePugnacious_Z has a reputation beyond reputePugnacious_Z has a reputation beyond reputePugnacious_Z has a reputation beyond reputePugnacious_Z has a reputation beyond reputePugnacious_Z has a reputation beyond reputePugnacious_Z has a reputation beyond reputePugnacious_Z has a reputation beyond reputePugnacious_Z has a reputation beyond reputePugnacious_Z has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 173,408.18
Total Points: 217,078.59

hey, i might buy creating but will i just gain bull**** weight or will the weigth be added in strength or just waste weight. and is there any good names, i wud liek to buy
Old 03-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Slipx
Lethal Barefisted

dont your muscles get used up when you starve yourself? ill never starve myself

Share This With Friends

User Tag List