Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Ch@mpBox@PR
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Ch@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 174,268.99
Total Points: 645,860.01
:fing02: - mellow_mood congrats on 5K bro - Makavelli congrats on 5K - Gift Of Gab 5K Posts! - Viva Margarito! - Perro Thanks,  I'm a boxing fan before a fighter fan. - El Gallo Negro! 
Cheers on the Civil debate..... Those are rare around here. - DarchinyFAN woo......lucky i didn't see your pm 'til the game was over. jazz get too many help from refs in utah...... - Left Hook Tua A toast to ya homey. Here's to preachin knowledge and servin up ownage - mangler for the thread of the decade,  Floyd contradictions - Joe Kapp put this in your big mouth - JM1 
this goes to your ass - JM1 have the decency to learn english before you join a forum - JM1 youre one of the most p4p pathetic poster - JM1 make yourself pretty for your boyfriend - JM1 Have a tuna melt homey - mangler 
super guy! - jazluvr449 No Message - boxing fanatic More food - mangler No Message - Fiend Good poster - ADDICT 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Perro Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler 
Default WBO 130lbs Champion Rocky Martinez from Brawler to Boxer

Rocky Martinez left behind the style of give and take.

The comments of the street came to the ears of Roman 'Rocky' Martinez, who will make the case to what they said.

The vegabajenian champion of 130 pounds, isturning his style of fighter for a boxer for his next fight in September 12 at the Coliseum Jose Miguel Agrelot, being that the first defense of his championship.

"My team told me that I gave three or four punches and picked up two or three in the process, and they recommended me to change that style," said Martinez in the Pre-weight in before yesterda, which he weighted 138 lbs.

"We will change a little the system. Let's jab more, we will slip more punches, controlling my mind, without going over the boxer. I got that on my head, "he added.

Martinez is known as a fighter on the ring and, therefore, little defense.

It is said that the champions starts his offense after his rival wakes him up with several good punches.

The fighter said his style is driven by fans, who likes that kind of combat.

Crowned champion last March, recommended that Martinez would not be so brave in the ring because the beatings could shortened his career.

One of those who recommended the change was his stable mate, champion Ivan Calderon, who knows how to move around the ring.

"That's what he need, because Rocky is tough in itself. He can fight, but also has to move, "said Calderon, who climbed into the ring yesterday in the Wilfredo Gomez gym alongside martinez.

Now accustomed to fighting over the last eight years, Martinez acknowledges that it has become difficult to change the style of fight.

But he said the training has proved that he is not just a one dimensional fighter.

"I've seen the results and went pretty well," he said.

With his style of fight, Martinez accumulated a record of 22-0 and 13KOs, since he debuted in 2001 until he won the title last March.

He has went he distance vastly, but he also has managed to win by knockout, which shows good physical condition.

His defense will be against the Mexican, Michael Lozada, who has the record of 31-5 with 24 nocauts.

New Trainer

To help change his style, Martinez and his working group hired a new coach, Dennis Rivera.

Rivera will not replace head trainer Luis "Papo" Torres, who helped Martinez the day he won the world championship in London in March.

"What we bring to help you in Rocky explosiveness, in the defense and to move more so than standing," said the driver and uncle Martinez, Manuel Martinez.

Rivera Martínez group reaches the field of martial arts, said the driver.

"It was a three-time world champion in kickboxing," said Martinez.

http://www.elnuevodia.com/campeonesm...os-602901.html
In this link theres a Vid of Ivan Calderon talking and shadowing abit!!!

Last edited by Ch@mpBox@PR; 08-13-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Ch@mpBox@PR
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Ch@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond repute
:fing02: - mellow_mood congrats on 5K bro - Makavelli congrats on 5K - Gift Of Gab 5K Posts! - Viva Margarito! - Perro Thanks,  I'm a boxing fan before a fighter fan. - El Gallo Negro! 
Cheers on the Civil debate..... Those are rare around here. - DarchinyFAN woo......lucky i didn't see your pm 'til the game was over. jazz get too many help from refs in utah...... - Left Hook Tua A toast to ya homey. Here's to preachin knowledge and servin up ownage - mangler for the thread of the decade,  Floyd contradictions - Joe Kapp put this in your big mouth - JM1 
this goes to your ass - JM1 have the decency to learn english before you join a forum - JM1 youre one of the most p4p pathetic poster - JM1 make yourself pretty for your boyfriend - JM1 Have a tuna melt homey - mangler 
super guy! - jazluvr449 No Message - boxing fanatic More food - mangler No Message - Fiend Good poster - ADDICT 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Perro Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler 

This is very good for Rocky, because he was another angulo or Margarito in the making.

Im glad he is making the proper adjustments!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:58 PM
RRICAN
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 RRICAN has a reputation beyond reputeRRICAN has a reputation beyond reputeRRICAN has a reputation beyond reputeRRICAN has a reputation beyond reputeRRICAN has a reputation beyond reputeRRICAN has a reputation beyond reputeRRICAN has a reputation beyond reputeRRICAN has a reputation beyond reputeRRICAN has a reputation beyond reputeRRICAN has a reputation beyond reputeRRICAN has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 34,759,437.41
Total Points: 35,921,992.27
For a great poster - jazluvr449 Cotto got heart! So do you, bud! - jazluvr449 

cant teach an old dog new tricks.....roman likes to brawl mi tio (papo) has been trying to make him box but when hes inside the ring he goes crazy i hope the new coach can help him out. rocky is good and has a bright future ahead of him
Old 08-13-2009, 05:03 PM
XviciousX
Banned

Rep Power: 0 XviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 27,516.85
Total Points: 109,448.52

Your being biased. Martinez will continue brawling no matter what. With that being said someone like Guerrero will stop his ass. He almost got KOed by Nicky Cook. Guerrero KO 3.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:04 PM
el malo
Last Of The Mo-Ricans!

Rep Power: 23 el malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 235,606,921,950.71
Total Points: 235,606,986,067.53
Black Trash The Autobiography of Kirk Jones, one of the most slept on Hiphop masterpieces, EVER.  Great fucking choice. - El Gallo Negro! Your posts are mostly right on the money homey. - mangler Have a treat homey. Luv readin your posts. - mangler I couldn't give you green K because I'm out for the day so have a gift.  Good poster, you are. - ABOSWORTH have a beer - MANGLER 

good post. i like rocky's brawling style but its good he's learning how to defend and move.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:04 PM
street bully
Tua's daddy.

Rep Power: 68 street bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 182,797,239,520.29
Total Points: 188,707,263,633.93
tua is god! - Mr._Pink have a burger my nigguh - mangler jr have a donut my nizzle... - Roy O'Bannon For being one of the realest ni99as - mangler jr My nigguh! - mangler jr 
BFF....(boxing friend forever, lol) - Roy O'Bannon For that, I'm getting you THIS! The worst gift EVER!!! - RiΖO Merry Christmas! - .::EyEKoNiK::. Happy holidays my nigguh - mangler No Message - Texanballer 
The Book of Bully - street bully jr One of the good Soapy supporters - -Ash- asalam malakem my brotha - Roy O'Bannon steve nash &amp;gt;&amp;gt; dwayne wade - Derramged cheers - riz!...oh? 
ATG - Mucus War Colts - El Mustang ATG Poster and Real Man - Stone Roses! merry xmas - Subtraction Feliz Navidad - El Mustang 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Makavelli Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mr._Pink Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Mr._Pink Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler jr Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Naestro USA 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Nuurzhaelan AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Jim Jeffries Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Mr. Green Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - shobox Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - MR. RIZ 

He got dropped by that British hype job that didn't even have much power, he better change his stype or else ass whipping will be waiting.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:05 PM
baracuda
Banned

Rep Power: 0 baracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,882.18
Total Points: 10,148,057.12
Be Joyful - Gift Giver beer aro ta long weekend :beerchug: - peyk-peyk tagay mo lamet aro :beerchug: - peyk-peyk parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - irrashai19 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XviciousX View Post
Your being biased. Martinez will continue brawling no matter what. With that being said someone like Guerrero will stop his ass. He almost got KOed by Nicky Cook. Guerrero KO 3.
guerrero might win if he does'nt quit in the 2nd round!.....lol
Old 08-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Ch@mpBox@PR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XviciousX View Post
WTF are you talking about.

WTF is ias abut teh article that I didnt even made.

he was off balance and got hit flush in the jaw and didnt went down, so STFU!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:07 PM
XviciousX
Banned

Rep Power: 0 XviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond reputeXviciousX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 27,516.85
Total Points: 109,448.52

Quote:
Originally Posted by baracuda View Post
guerrero might win if he does'nt quit in the 2nd round!.....lol
Daud Yordan was slick and crafty and Guerrero looked for an early way out from that. Martinez is anything but slick and crafty. Hes an up-and-coming Ricky Hatton, who promises before every fight to be a better boxer but only build themselves up for a big TKO loss. Guerrero KO 3.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Ch@mpBox@PR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by street bully View Post
He got dropped by that British hype job that didn't even have much power, he better change his stype or else ass whipping will be waiting.
Nope, he didnt got drop!!!!!!!