20" Neck - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-24-2005, 10:43 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
buff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 58,751.00
Default 20" Neck

Whats the secret to getting a huge muscular neck like Mike Tysons. Any special workouts he did?
buff_mike10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-24-2005, 10:50 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Kid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 159,971.55
Total Points: 328,409.60

Genetics first and foremost, and also bridging. I know for sure he did bridging as I've seen footage of it.

Also roids.
Kid Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 10:53 PM #3
Contender

buff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these partsbuff_mike10 is infamous around these parts

Yea, i guess genetics do play a big roll. Probably hard to go from 16-20 without steroids.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:09 PM #4
I to your mom..

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
jack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,134,964.28
Total Points: 90,744,846.11
thanks for helping me dig it - boxing_prospect a bribe to red k wlad owns and to tell him it's from i am ike. lol - i am ike since you feel ill , player. an apple a day keep the doctor away. - i am ike here swallow all these pills and it'll help you throw up. - i am ike please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua 
One of boxingscene's best - BostonGuy For the new boxingscene millionaire... Oh i forgot hook me some of your good K mate.... - FasTHarD Best Poster On Boxingscene! - Dorian THE GOAT - RJJ The Truth To a fellow dark mind. - Mizzou 
to the most sick minded individual to ever step foot in BoxingScene...we await your return jackula...mwahahahaa - BritishBoxing92 Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 

You can always get impants..
jack_the_rippuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:27 AM #5
Lethal Barefisted

Slipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond reputeSlipx has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 136,307.00

i heard some 310 lb guy broke his neck and is now paralyzed from doing those bridges,so fat asses,dont get a hair up your asses and roll out a towel and just try to do it..imagine ****ing yourself up like that over a dumb exercise

me i've done em but I prefer using a head harness with weights
Slipx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:41 AM #6
Up and Comer

DrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 11,927.00

There is some sort of Nautilaus (sp?) exercise machine that you sit in and and work your neck all 4 ways with weighted resistence.

I prefer using this machine over doing neck bridges, I have managed to progress to using the entire stack on the machine, and still have a wimpy neck at about 16.5 inches.

So I'm gonna go with good genetics with this one also.
DrDac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:54 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

Kid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond repute

16.5" is a good neck size if your under 6' tall. You really don't want a neck that's too much bigger than that, unless you have a huge head.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:00 AM #8
Interim Champion

fist-of-fury has a reputation beyond reputefist-of-fury has a reputation beyond reputefist-of-fury has a reputation beyond reputefist-of-fury has a reputation beyond reputefist-of-fury has a reputation beyond reputefist-of-fury has a reputation beyond reputefist-of-fury has a reputation beyond reputefist-of-fury has a reputation beyond reputefist-of-fury has a reputation beyond reputefist-of-fury has a reputation beyond reputefist-of-fury has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 61,005.00

According to study, it's not actually the chin but a strong neck that helps absorb the impact of an incoming punch, thereby preventing a possible knockout.

Consider Evander Holyfield who's a small HW. Despite his smaller size, Holyfield has always been able to withstand the punishment inflicted from much larger opponents. If you observe his neck, you'll see why he can sustain such punishment. Evanderís neck is rippled with muscles, the reason why he can withstand such a solid punch.

In addition to genetics, there are exercises that help develop and strenthen the neck, like the neck bridges and neck curls. Accidents do happen but as in all forms of exercises, one has to be careful and well warmed up.
fist-of-fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 01:04 AM #9
Undisputed Champion

The neck is one factor but look at Bob Sapp...
Old 02-25-2005, 01:43 AM #10
Contender

Yea, it seems like the guys with the huge muscular necks don't go down as much. Did anyone see Buster Douglas rollin Tysons head back over his 20" neck. Thats one knockout i'll never forget

Share This With Friends

User Tag List