Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: How do you rate Hatton as a fighter?
Bum 12 10.81%
Average 36 32.43%
Excellent 60 54.05%
Elite 3 2.70%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 08-05-2009, 03:16 PM
CiganoBoxer
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 CiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,164,151.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil chico 112 View Post
i wouldnt call him a bum. i would say he's average. he was hyped up by people and feed average fighters. he has a huge fan base. so they set him up for stardom. as soon as he stepped up to elite comp he was exposed. he's an ok fighter. ok fighters do win championships by the way so dont use that he won world titles crap.
I am not a Huge Hatton fan...but call him just an "OK fighter" is dubious IMO ! And "ok fighters" Dont reach his level and do as well IMO !
Nore financially for that matter
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Nuurzhaelan
Anathema

Rep Power: 13 Nuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 358,412,750.43
Total Points: 383,433,950.57
Great poster and NSB member! - jazluvr449 you're a top quality poster - Carnivore 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 

It should have been Manager of the Year.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:18 PM
CiganoBoxer
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 CiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
It should have been Manager of the Year.
it wasnt the manager that fought Kosta was it?
Then again i would of loved to see Frank warren in there
Old 08-05-2009, 03:21 PM
lil chico 112
Contender

Total Points: 16,580.67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpedigree View Post
I am not a Huge Hatton fan...but call him just an "OK fighter" is dubious IMO ! And "ok fighters" Dont reach his level and do as well IMO !
Nore financially for that matter
what exactly is his level. 2 titles in 2 divisions? which was a close fight with louie but a lot of people including myself believe he lost. back then the UK had very little to brag about as far as boxing. so they saw ricky as a guy to follow. so they padded his record. he got a huge fan base and made a lot of money TRUE but skill wise he is very limited and very average
Old 08-05-2009, 03:43 PM
CiganoBoxer
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
what exactly is his level. 2 titles in 2 divisions? which was a close fight with louie but a lot of people including myself believe he lost. back then the UK had very little to brag about as far as boxing. so they saw ricky as a guy to follow. so they padded his record. he got a huge fan base and made a lot of money TRUE but skill wise he is very limited and very average
I know what your saying buddy ...but dont you think for a such a limited fighter he achieved quite a lot? for his skill set I think he did !
The way i would describe him...is an above average champion who only lost to the very best ....he didnt really duck anyone ether witch is more than can be said about a lot of other champions now days !
Old 08-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Pullcounter
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,377,145.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCleva View Post
I've talked to a few people and seen a number of posts saying Ricky Hatton was always a bum and only got to the level he reached because of his overwhelming (perhaps uninformed) fan support. He was, and probably still is, a star attraction of our sport but evaluating an individual for his own merits as boxer should not include the amount of revenue that individual can bring to the table as a result of his fan support.

If Hatton wasn't half as popular among fans, would he ever have had the opportunity to even face Mayweather or Pacquiao? Where do you rate Hatton as a boxer, not only since the Pacquiao KO but considering his career as a whole?

Is he a

1. Bum (C class fighter): because he lacks many core boxing skills
2. Average Boxer (B) with average boxing ability
3. Excellent Boxer (A) with above average boxing skills.
4. Elite Boxer (A+ Class), he's the cream of the crop.
hatton is an excellent boxer, but he's not elite and he's better than average.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Talisayen
Title User

Rep Power: 138 Talisayen has a reputation beyond reputeTalisayen has a reputation beyond reputeTalisayen has a reputation beyond reputeTalisayen has a reputation beyond reputeTalisayen has a reputation beyond reputeTalisayen has a reputation beyond reputeTalisayen has a reputation beyond reputeTalisayen has a reputation beyond reputeTalisayen has a reputation beyond reputeTalisayen has a reputation beyond reputeTalisayen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,215,820,581,517,312.00
Total Points: 25,215,820,581,542,212.00
merry christmas pareng tali! - Tulisanto Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab No Message - !! AI-Holmes!! Merry Christmas bro - MANIAC310 
xmas bro - Ether Merry Christmas - TBear I luv you - sigrab superbro - guardian gift giving time to friends - guardian 
mabuting swerte :D - MANIAC310 Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bespren! - led* Merry Christmas - TBear happy holidays bro - jazluvr 
A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 Merry Christmas - TBear Happy Holidays, my friend! - jazluvr Happy Holidays Bud! - TBear Thanks for the green karma brother! =] - Tyler_Durden 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - chinoy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - killakali Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Akinapepemo AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - LeeVanCleef 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - LeeVanCleef Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - pacman777 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - BABYBOXER Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - acidity World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - acidity Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - acidity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLATANO MAN! View Post
He isn't a bum, pretty good fighter. I do believe the drinking, blowing up 30-40 lbs fucked his career up a little.
got you, so he's a fat bum then...
Old 08-05-2009, 06:12 PM
DonTaseMeBrah
Banned

Rep Power: 0 DonTaseMeBrah has a reputation beyond reputeDonTaseMeBrah has a reputation beyond reputeDonTaseMeBrah has a reputation beyond reputeDonTaseMeBrah has a reputation beyond reputeDonTaseMeBrah has a reputation beyond reputeDonTaseMeBrah has a reputation beyond reputeDonTaseMeBrah has a reputation beyond reputeDonTaseMeBrah has a reputation beyond reputeDonTaseMeBrah has a reputation beyond reputeDonTaseMeBrah has a reputation beyond reputeDonTaseMeBrah has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 139,480.86
Total Points: 285,580.44
Always Keepin It Real - deanrw Ice Cold Brew! - Izrock On Me! - Izrock Fish for ya - mangler No Message - DannyChaos 
No Message - DannyChaos More food homey - mangler $ in the bank my nigguh - mangler Have a tuna melt homey - mangler You need alcohol bro - mangler 
Could'nt get u with the Greens Bruv so take a Gift G... - The Gully Gad A toast to your posts brah - mangler Merry Xmas - mangler have a beer homey - Makavelli have some san miguel - Akinapepemo 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Little Mac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - ??? Childhood Cancer - mangler 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - mangler 

glorified club fighter. poor man's version of arturo gatti. minus the exciting style.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:17 PM
shade darkar
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 shade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 955,366,733,693.97
Total Points: 956,366,747,030.64
Big ups G - The_Demon shade darkar deserves a kick - Freedom. 

Quote:
i wouldnt call him a bum. i would say he's average. he was hyped up by people and feed average fighters. he has a huge fan base. so they set him up for stardom. as soon as he stepped up to elite comp he was exposed. he's an ok fighter. ok fighters do win championships by the way so dont use that he won world titles crap.
kostya tszyu was p4p number 2 when hatton beat him. so does that make every boxer ranked below just ok?!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:20 PM
shade darkar
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 shade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 955,366,733,693.97
Total Points: 956,366,747,030.64
Big ups G - The_Demon shade darkar deserves a kick - Freedom. 

Quote:
2 titles? its actually 4 not including IBO and ring magazine. 2x IBF junior welterweight champion, won WBA light welterweight and won the WBA welterweight.