Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 08-01-2009, 01:05 PM
jakkups
Ya Dun Know

Rep Power: 17 jakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11.09
Total Points: 1,386,191,430.34
Cheers to Tori Black!!!  Holly shit she is hot!!! - ABOSWORTH One day me and you will get into a brawl with those fools at the local pisser! - Move BRICKS thanks for all da fight hookups ... - -Boxzilla- thx again 4 all da fight hookups ........ - -Boxzilla- you're a great asset to the site , thanks for all the uploads! - shobox 
Thanks for the uploads, cheers! - Left2body great job posting fights - DonTaseMeBrah Apple - ßreakbeat Crackin out the good shit for the best uploader there is! - The Surgeon 
Default Dan Henderson gets next title shot, Nate Marquardt vs. Demian Maia winner "in the mix

Dan Henderson gets next title shot, Nate Marquardt vs. Demian Maia winner "in the mix"

Quote:
Dan Henderson will no longer fight Rich Franklin at UFC 103 and will instead get the first shot at UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva's title at an event to be determined.

During a UFC media conference call today, UFC president Dana White said he pulled Henderson from a previously announced rematch with Rich Franklin at the upcoming UFC 103 event because of the poor reaction it got from fans.

Franklin instead will fight new signee Vitor Belfort in the main event of UFC 103, which takes place Sept. 19 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas.

Belfort, who was slated to fight middleweight Jorge Santiago before the recent cancellation of the Aug. 1 "Affliction: Trilogy" event, will move to light heavyweight for the bout.

Henderson, who scored a vicious knockout of Michael Bisping at UFC 100, will now await the result of next weekend's fight between Silva and Forrest Griffin. The non-title co-headlines UFC 101, which takes place Aug. 8 in Philadelphia.

So when will Henderson get his next title shot?

"It depends on what happens next week," White said. "If [Silva] doesn't get busted or have injuries, it could be very soon."

Henderson (25-7 MMA, 5-2 UFC) first fought Silva (24-4 MMA, 9-0 UFC) in March 2008 at UFC 82. And though he became the first fighter to win a round against "The Spider" in the UFC, Henderson ultimately suffered a submission defeat in the following round.

Henderson has won three consecutive fights since the loss and got the added exposure of coaching opposite Bisping on the recent ninth season of "The Ultimate Fighter."

Henderson's guaranteed title shot, of course, means more waiting for undefeated contender Demian Maia (10-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) and former Silva challenger Nate Marquardt (28-8-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC), who meet at UFC 102 in late August. The winner could still get a title shot – they're "in the mix," White said – but with Silva booked to fight Griffin and now Henderson, the Marquardt-Maia winner is unlikely to get a title shot until early 2010 at the absolute soonest.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-01-2009, 01:48 PM
-Swizzy-
The Bad Guy

Rep Power: 29 -Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,635,803,230,398.73
Total Points: 9,636,803,626,571.94
tua ko4 over arreola. tua ko8 over peter. war tua!!! - Left Hook Tua so i'm just a big joke to you eh? lmao - Left Hook Tua thanks. i'm quite a post whore. - Left Hook Tua thanks for supporting my thread mate - D E M Dz A here's another beer for being generous - D E M Dz A 
and something to eat with those beers...cheers mate you deserved it - D E M Dz A happy new year , canuck. - Left Hook Tua youre one of the best basketball knowledgable posters, youre a lebron fan but  you still cool - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Dorian Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

if that fight happens this year, I give Henderson a very good chance at winning, and heres why: Anderson has a fight next week at 205 pounds. He even had to lose weight for that fight because he apparently walks around at about 220 pounds now. So the fact that he had to drain to make light heavyweight, I can only imagine what he would have to do to make 185 pounds now especially with all that muscle he has packed on.

if there is one thing I've learned from boxing, losing muscle weight is very dangerous to your performance. losing fat doesn't negatively effect that much, but losing muscle weight will really make a fighter feel weak and drained during a fight.

If the fight happens this year, Anderson will have 3-4 months at most to lose that weight. I think Anderson will have trouble trying to shed those last couple of pounds, and about a week or 2 before the fight, he'll have to really keep dehydrated and hungry which will screw up his body. This will give Henderson a significant advantage on the ground. I think if all this happens, Henderson can not only win, but dominate Silva if he takes him to the ground.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:53 PM
LA BAD BOY
Banned

Rep Power: 0 LA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 86,718.30
Total Points: 239,547.33

Demian Maia is gonna take woopin in next fight.

HENDO vs NATE will be war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope HENDO will win!
Old 08-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Sn1
| s n 1 g g e r |

Rep Power: 21507 Sn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 249,618,997,472,175.56
Total Points: 249,618,997,573,809.81
suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger 
suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger 
Merry Christmas again - TBear You look like you need an apple :) - *Boss Lady* I give thee apple - Bossy thanx for the points!!! - E.P.T. thx for the points - Pain~Lucy 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA BAD BOY View Post
Demian Maia is gonna take woopin in next fight.

HENDO vs NATE will be war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope HENDO will win!
maia will take whupping but still win via submission lol
Old 08-01-2009, 05:58 PM
phallus
the lizard of ahs

Rep Power: 204 phallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 238,232,126,070.24
Total Points: 238,232,150,076.21
Hermano de leche.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Rimjob All-Star Team - DWiens421 have a drink on me bro. - Melly-Mel Big,thick, black cock in the ass - Mizzou To my long lost brother. - Round 1 
No Message - Dick Valentine Here homey. You need some food - mangler Here's a gift hermano.. - !! AI-Holmes!! top notch poster - BostonGuy eat some cake hermano.. - Round 1 
Happy Holidays phallus.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - _PlaT_NuM_ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - mangler jr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mangler Jewnior 

hendo is hungry for another chance at the spider
Old 08-01-2009, 06:03 PM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Rep Power: 43 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,808,153,012,398.06
Total Points: 22,808,153,121,760.18
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

The 7-1 man(loss to Rich Franklin of all people) #2 MW in the world still doesn't get his title shot.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Elie
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Elie is infamous around these partsElie is infamous around these partsElie is infamous around these partsElie is infamous around these partsElie is infamous around these partsElie is infamous around these partsElie is infamous around these partsElie is infamous around these partsElie is infamous around these partsElie is infamous around these partsElie is infamous around these parts
Bank: 827,679.67
Total Points: 19,251,336,660.67

Hitman Hendo has the best shot of beating Anderson the Beast Silva.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Sn1
| s n 1 g g e r |

Rep Power: 21507 Sn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 249,618,997,472,175.56
Total Points: 249,618,997,573,809.81
Merry Christmas again - TBear You look like you need an apple :) - *Boss Lady* I give thee apple - Bossy thanx for the points!!! - E.P.T. thx for the points - Pain~Lucy 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CottoFanatic View Post
Hitman Hendo has the best shot of beating Anderson the Beast Silva.
lol didnt hear that leading upto there first fight
Old 08-02-2009, 01:39 AM
Stalaggh
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 Stalaggh has a reputation beyond reputeStalaggh has a reputation beyond reputeStalaggh has a reputation beyond reputeStalaggh has a reputation beyond reputeStalaggh has a reputation beyond reputeStalaggh has a reputation beyond reputeStalaggh has a reputation beyond reputeStalaggh has a reputation beyond reputeStalaggh has a reputation beyond reputeStalaggh has a reputation beyond reputeStalaggh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 624,098.37
Total Points: 1,651,526.26

Wanted Maia to be the next one but Hendo is allright by me.....
Old 08-02-2009, 07:12 PM
phallus
the lizard of ahs

Rep Power: 204 phallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 238,232,126,070.24
Total Points: 238,232,150,076.21
Hermano de leche.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Rimjob All-Star Team - DWiens421 have a drink on me bro. - Melly-Mel Big,thick, black cock in the ass - Mizzou To my long lost brother. - Round 1 
No Message - Dick Valentine Here homey. You need some food - mangler Here's a gift hermano.. - !! AI-Holmes!! top notch poster - BostonGuy eat some cake hermano.. - Round 1 
Happy Holidays phallus.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - _PlaT_NuM_ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - mangler jr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mangler Jewnior 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalaggh View Post
Wanted Maia to be the next one but Hendo is allright by me.....
Maia's striking needs to get better, his BJJ is sick but he's not as good on his feet as he needs to be, i'd rather see maia have a little more time to develop his skills