Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-01-2009, 12:49 PM
nj_evoixgsr
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 nj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 65,197.93
Default Weight Drained Clarification (for intelligent Cotto fans ONLY)

**WARNING** THIS THREAD CONTAINS ONLY INTELLIGENT THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS. IF YOU CANNOT STICK TO MEANINGFUL POST. PLEASE DON'T POST.**WARNING**

experience
I was prior military. myself and others worked out TREMENDOUSLY. I KNEW alot of ripped mother****ers. who if trained properly could reach a goal weight easily and see no side effects.

your talking about professional boxers with tremendous amount of resources and money that can easily guide them to the specific weight they need to reach.

recent history facts
if a man weighs in at 146 his previous fight and as we saw fought with heart through one eye and beat an elite WW.

questions
cotto fans are you saying even though he is mandated to max out at 145 during weigh-in. 1 pound over the course of 3 1/2 months is not do-able and he will be weight drained and not be at 100%?

if that is the case and he is your idol. i seriously would like to put cotto at the bottom of my list as one of the toughest fighters.

now you take pacquiao where he's fought twice above 135
his opposition wasn't at it's "best" yet this BEAST COTTO is scared that he will be beaten by this midget?

now for all those that are talking **** about pac. this midget has proven that your idol has to be at 100% to beat this p4p midget and must go up weight classes and not willing to meet him 2lbs under your weight limit.

i truly feel sorry for those that can't comprehend these facts.

pride - ok who cares give it a rest. does that overtake the amount of fame and fortune that will come to you by beating this midget?

if you guys can say pride is everything blahblah. you will never amount to anything due to the fact you have a one trac mind that won't surmount to real world analysis.

now tell me cotto fans what is your excuse for this rebuttle? make it intelligent with some brain process.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-01-2009, 01:00 PM
oc9979
Bad Intentions

Rep Power: 21 oc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,475,591,155,164.80
Total Points: 3,705,816,009,160.77
sharing tv link - Sir TomJones 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj_evoixgsr View Post
**WARNING** THIS THREAD CONTAINS ONLY INTELLIGENT THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS. IF YOU CANNOT STICK TO MEANINGFUL POST. PLEASE DON'T POST.**WARNING**

experience
I was prior military. myself and others worked out TREMENDOUSLY. I KNEW alot of ripped mother****ers. who if trained properly could reach a goal weight easily and see no side effects.

your talking about professional boxers with tremendous amount of resources and money that can easily guide them to the specific weight they need to reach.

recent history facts
if a man weighs in at 146 his previous fight and as we saw fought with heart through one eye and beat an elite WW.

questions
cotto fans are you saying even though he is mandated to max out at 145 during weigh-in. 1 pound over the course of 3 1/2 months is not do-able and he will be weight drained and not be at 100%?

if that is the case and he is your idol. i seriously would like to put cotto at the bottom of my list as one of the toughest fighters.

now you take pacquiao where he's fought twice above 135
his opposition wasn't at it's "best" yet this BEAST COTTO is scared that he will be beaten by this midget?

now for all those that are talking **** about pac. this midget has proven that your idol has to be at 100% to beat this p4p midget and must go up weight classes and not willing to meet him 2lbs under your weight limit.

i truly feel sorry for those that can't comprehend these facts.

pride - ok who cares give it a rest. does that overtake the amount of fame and fortune that will come to you by beating this midget?

if you guys can say pride is everything blahblah. you will never amount to anything due to the fact you have a one trac mind that won't surmount to real world analysis.

now tell me cotto fans what is your excuse for this rebuttle? make it intelligent with some brain process.

if it is only 2 pounds why does Pacquiao's team wants the fight at 145 instead of 147?

Quote:
He went into the steam room five times -- you can't leave him in there too long -- and each time he'd shadow-box,"
Trekas said.

Nate Campbell weight 134 1/2 against Juan Diaz
Then a year later fought Funeka and weight in 137 1/2. He could not make the weight
Old 08-01-2009, 01:04 PM
AKATheMack
Unreasonably Logical

Rep Power: 0 AKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2.55
Total Points: 140,032,453.61
Drink up man - mangler No Message - MARKBNLV Real Man™ - Dick Buffman shine for 1 hand - RunW/Knives shine for the other - RunW/Knives 
Profits for your Pocket - RunW/Knives money for my boy - RunW/Knives more money for my boy - RunW/Knives I was like, don't leave that lying around son that's cheddah - RunW/Knives We're getting paid in this M'fer. - RunW/Knives 
Mack's get dollars bruh.  Keep on Mackin' homie. - Chief2ndzOnly! have a beer on me - led No Message - led Happy b day - MARKBNLV 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MARKBNLV 

The one pound isnt going to affect the fight at all. One more thing tho, its hard to attract intelligent fans when you keep referring to his opponent as a midget, and saying blahblahblah.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Stickman
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 Stickman has a reputation beyond reputeStickman has a reputation beyond reputeStickman has a reputation beyond reputeStickman has a reputation beyond reputeStickman has a reputation beyond reputeStickman has a reputation beyond reputeStickman has a reputation beyond reputeStickman has a reputation beyond reputeStickman has a reputation beyond reputeStickman has a reputation beyond reputeStickman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 273.06
Total Points: 93,815.99

I think Cotto will be OK weighing in at 145, but I'm adamantly against the title being on the line unless the limit for the weight class applies on the day of the weigh in. About that, I think Pacman should shut his ****ing pie hole and accept that you must abide by the rules and limits for the class.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:10 PM
AssasinKing
UNITED

Rep Power: 20 AssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 420,542,814,928.19
Total Points: 430,542,847,082.58
Starting your collection, mate - mangler jr Scholes! - Dem Eyes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc9979 View Post
if it is only 2 pounds why does Pacquiao's team wants the fight at 145 instead of 147?
Because pac is already going up 5 pounds...why should he go up another to make that 7?

Quote:
Nate Campbell weight 134 1/2 against Juan Diaz
Then a year later fought Funeka and weight in 137 1/2. He could not make the weight
So what...This is 1 person losing 1 pound...(2 even)....and another putting on 5 pounds....
Old 08-01-2009, 01:10 PM
oc9979
Bad Intentions

Rep Power: 21 oc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
I think Cotto will be OK weighing in at 145, but I'm adamantly against the title being on the line unless the limit for the weight class applies on the day of the weigh in. About that, I think Pacman should shut his ****ing pie hole and accept that you must abide by the rules and limits for the class.
I agree!! He wont be affected but Pacman cant have the cake and eat it too
Old 08-01-2009, 01:13 PM
jreckoning
WBA Silver Champion

Rep Power: 86 jreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 38,632.75
Total Points: 41,838.07
straight up! - -veteran420- a truly excellent poster. - the point giver Great poster - ADDICT i tried getting you a gift before when you hooked me up with points but was out of stock,for you mate - project xxx1 Thanks for the points, buddy! - smallbutstrong 
good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang For being one helluva poster - Chief2ndzOnly! chi town info - al capone You're one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Tomasz Adamek: brave ring warrior - Freedom. 
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang just because :kiss: - Bossy For a good treasured friend - jazluvr quik payup gratzie! - `STEELHEAD 49ers/Saints. thanks for your payment, have a beer on me...cheers! - jose830 
Cheers!  Here's to hopefully a great night of boxing! - UglyPug u deserve it - WeEatinBaby ATG poster - sugarsmosley lol atg poster - Mike D Thanks for the stream! - mathed 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Tunney! 
Head and Neck Cancer - -Kevin- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jazluvr Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr 

Quote:
I agree!! He wont be affected but Pacman cant have the cake and eat it too

I think if I had a cake, I'd want to eat it.

If Cotto should lose, it will look dumb him being the champ and all seeing that there's a history of catchweight championship fights (based on money negotiations of course).
Old 08-01-2009, 01:13 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 130 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,398,415,117,632.68
Total Points: 5,675,415,474,374.69
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas 

Not being biased towards either Pacquiao or Cotto, I was actually looking forward to a possible intelligent conversation. Then the TS started insulting Cotto and I lost interest.

It should not be too hard to make 145 for Cotto but the big problem I have is that Cotto's belt may be on the line. If Cotto agrees OK but he should not be forced into putting it on the line.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Wcruz
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 Wcruz is infamous around these partsWcruz is infamous around these partsWcruz is infamous around these partsWcruz is infamous around these partsWcruz is infamous around these partsWcruz is infamous around these partsWcruz is infamous around these partsWcruz is infamous around these partsWcruz is infamous around these partsWcruz is infamous around these partsWcruz is infamous around these parts
Bank: 33,614.08
Total Points: 38,430.36

I am huge cotto fan I have seen every televised fight from his pro career. The two pounds will not make a dIffrence as long as he rehydrated after the weigh in all he would have to do is run a tad bit more. The only problem with the fight is that it was agreed as 145 non title match so if PAC wants the belt now it should be at 147.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:21 PM
oc9979
Bad Intentions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
Not being biased towards either Pacquiao or Cotto, I was actually looking forward to a possible intelligent conversation. Then the TS started insulting Cotto and I lost interest.

It should not be too hard to make 145 for Cotto but the big problem I have is that Cotto's belt may be on the line. If Cotto agrees OK but he should not be forced into putting it on the line.
WBO has the authority to demand to be a title fight. I read that in the regulation booklet
but who wants the title more?
Cotto could vacate and get another one next year.
While Pacman will have to fight Mosley for a title if Cotto vacates