No announcement yet.

Dunne vs. Kratingdaenggym Official For Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunne vs. Kratingdaenggym Official For Fall

Junior featherweight titlist Bernard Dunne (28-1, 15 KOs) of Ireland will face interim beltholder Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym (38-1, 27 KOs) of Thailand in the fall. Dunne promoter Brian Peters won a purse bid for the bout this week. He made the only offer -- the $120,000 minimum requirement. Peters said the fight would be either Sept. 26 in Dublin, Oct. 2 in Macau or Oct. 3 in New York. Dunne will be making his first defense since claiming the belt via 11th-round knockout of Ricardo Cordoba in a sensational brawl in Dublin on March 21. In that fight, Dunne was down twice and almost out in the fifth round but rallied to drop Cordoba three times in the 11th round for the victory.

- Dan Rafael ESPN

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
    Junior featherweight titlist Bernard Dunne (28-1, 15 KOs) of Ireland will face interim beltholder Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym (38-1, 27 KOs) of Thailand in the fall. Dunne promoter Brian Peters won a purse bid for the bout this week. He made the only offer -- the $120,000 minimum requirement. Peters said the fight would be either Sept. 26 in Dublin, Oct. 2 in Macau or Oct. 3 in New York. Dunne will be making his first defense since claiming the belt via 11th-round knockout of Ricardo Cordoba in a sensational brawl in Dublin on March 21. In that fight, Dunne was down twice and almost out in the fifth round but rallied to drop Cordoba three times in the 11th round for the victory.

- Dan Rafael ESPN

You guys are gonna see the true power of POON.

He's gonna wreck Bernie.

It should be a good fight for a while though.

Comment

is he any good?

If he's a big hitter Dunnes could be in trouble. He's a wee bit chinny. Although he does always get up.

Comment

well he aint taking the easy road...

Comment

He is losing that belt was quite Lucky Cordoba came to brawl rather then box last time out as it was..

Comment

I like Dunne, but he is a bit chinny, but that is a man who love to fight. So i'd be concerned if this other fella is the real deal. Dunne is a world-level fighter, but he's a bit like someone like Ricky Hatton in that you know a few guys will be too much for him.

And unlike someone like Khan, he chooses to trade all the time.

Very exciting fighter, I think he would have beat Rendell Munroe, and he would have got nicely paid.

Comment

Poonsawat is really the best of the bunch of the Thai fighters. He has great stamina, goes to the body a lot, and is a strong, strong guy.

He beat a way better version of Cordoba 4 years ago. He basically sapped Cordoba's strength in the later rounds.

He's the real deal. His only loss was against Sidorenko in Germany scorecards a little dubious, 115-113 was probably the correct one.

Only problems are he's only fought outside of Thailand once so hopefully his team gets him to Ireland early *(where this fight I am sure will be) and his recent competition hasn't been the greatest (but he knocked them out).

Poonsawat is a hard worker with good pop and a lot of stamina. Dunne's best chance is to box and the full 12, but Poon has a way of sapping guys with vicious bodywork.

Dunne could outbox him, but he's going to be put to the test for the full 12 if he does because Poonsawat also has a good chin and fights through cuts, etc like they are nothing.
              If Dunne wins, his stock will be raised hugely.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                Poonsawat is really the best of the bunch of the Thai fighters. He has great stamina, goes to the body a lot, and is a strong, strong guy.

He beat a way better version of Cordoba 4 years ago. He basically sapped Cordoba's strength in the later rounds.

He's the real deal. His only loss was against Sidorenko in Germany scorecards a little dubious, 115-113 was probably the correct one.

Only problems are he's only fought outside of Thailand once so hopefully his team gets him to Ireland early *(where this fight I am sure will be) and his recent competition hasn't been the greatest (but he knocked them out).

Poonsawat is a hard worker with good pop and a lot of stamina. Dunne's best chance is to box and the full 12, but Poon has a way of sapping guys with vicious bodywork.

Dunne could outbox him, but he's going to be put to the test for the full 12 if he does because Poonsawat also has a good chin and fights through cuts, etc like they are nothing.
                Thanks for this. I didnt know much about Poonsawat but i hope Dunne has a hard 12 rounds in him to win.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

cheers for the info. Sounds like it should be a good fight.

Come on Dunne, u got a new fan in me after the last fight, if its in Dublin i might take a spin across the border to see it.

Comment

Dunne will do what he does best and will win by decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X