Sore Hands - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Thread Navigation

Old 02-11-2005, 12:20 AM
BooBooKittyF
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 BooBooKittyF is infamous around these partsBooBooKittyF is infamous around these partsBooBooKittyF is infamous around these partsBooBooKittyF is infamous around these partsBooBooKittyF is infamous around these partsBooBooKittyF is infamous around these partsBooBooKittyF is infamous around these partsBooBooKittyF is infamous around these partsBooBooKittyF is infamous around these partsBooBooKittyF is infamous around these partsBooBooKittyF is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,416.00
Send a message via AIM to BooBooKittyF
Default Sore Hands

Hey guys,

I was told this was a good site to go to for some advice ... I'm an absolute newbie, just 2 weeks into training with no experience in fighting of any kind to date. I love it, and don't intend on giving up but my hands don't seem to be able to keep up with me. I keep them wrapped and have bag gloves on when I'm punching the pads, but my fingers all feel like they've been slammed in a door or something afterwards - very tender when I push on the joints, and bruising around the knuckles.

Is this common when beginning and it'll just take a while to get used to, or could I possibly be doing something wrong? It's not painful enough to prevent me from my workout sessions, but occasionally I might pull a punch here & there.

Any thoughts?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-14-2005, 10:45 AM
VulgarTheClown
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 46 VulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond reputeVulgarTheClown has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 368,378.37
Send a message via ICQ to VulgarTheClown Send a message via AIM to VulgarTheClown Send a message via Yahoo to VulgarTheClown

your not punching right is my assumption.

which fingers are you hurting? the pinkie and the ring finger are not meant to be punched with you will break your fingers.

the middle finger and your pointer are your contact points, and by all means land on the knuckle.

also try putting more padding over your knuckles when you wrap.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List